Flat taxes for everyone ???

YES OR NO, and Why?

Yes as long as it's a flat amount, not a flat percentage.

I disagree. That would truly punish the poor. If you take a dollar away from someone with 10 dollars as opposed to taking a dollar from someone with 1000. That dollar hurts more.

The same percentage from everyone is the fair way to go.
Flat tax is patently unfair! What's the top percentage paid by the top earners now? 30%? 35%? So a flat tax would be say 17%.

Someone with two kids making $35,000 would have to pay 17% under a flat tax system. But if they pay nothing now (as we are told over and over again by conservative pundits, their taxes would INCREASE. Meanwhile, back on the family estate, someone making $350,000 would see their tax rates FALL from 35% to 17%!

What's fair about a flat tax again? Making those who can least afford it carry the water for the rich.

Yes as long as it's a flat amount, not a flat percentage.

I disagree. That would truly punish the poor. If you take a dollar away from someone with 10 dollars as opposed to taking a dollar from someone with 1000. That dollar hurts more.

Flat tax is patently unfair! What's the top percentage paid by the top earners now? 30%? 35%? So a flat tax would be say 17%.

Someone with two kids making $35,000 would have to pay 17% under a flat tax system. But if they pay nothing now (as we are told over and over again by conservative pundits, their taxes would INCREASE. Meanwhile, back on the family estate, someone making $350,000 would see their tax rates FALL from 35% to 17%!

What's fair about a flat tax again? Making those who can least afford it carry the water for the rich.

Then what does that tell you? It would appear to me that some have been getting a deal for years and years...and some have been paying far to much for far to long....

Having children is a personal choice. If you want them sacrifice or DONT have them. Don't have them for a tax deduction.

Flat tax would mean that everyone carries themselves.

Then what does that tell you? It would appear to me that some have been getting a deal for years and years...and some have been paying far to much for far to long....

Having children is a personal choice. If you want them sacrifice or DONT have them. Don't have them for a tax deduction.

Actually I agree with that - Having children should not be financially incentivised by the state. There was a reason for that once upon a time, but not any more.

No

Listening to libs cry that the rich don't pay enough now is wearing thin.

Can you imagine the freakshow that would occur if they paid the same percent?
~~~~~~~~~~~``

Aside from that, it's a great idea.

do away with most of the IRS, no loop holes, no breaks, no nothing.

I pay, you pay, we pay the same cut of our income.

On paper it works, would love to know weather it works in real life with a 4 year stint.

Yep the same percentaxe tax on ALL personal income no deductions.

I can't agree with the "All personal income" idea. Personally, that would make me much less interested in investing in anything, purchasing anything that might eventually incur capital gains taxes, etc.... I would literally start hoarding cash under the bed. Well, not that I don't do most of that already, but it would make me start doing it on an even more extreme level.

Exactly. That should be the main idea of the taxation system.

YES, but only on what I term NEW INCOME, and no deductions. What I mean by "NEW INCOME" is monies that are not a return on investments you have made...

In other words, the richest Americans should be tax exempt and the poor should pay for everything...

Return on investments are new money because they are income earned during a specific taxable year.

Ana defined his terms otherwise
What fries my bacon is the taxing of income tax refunds
They do that? WTF?! Okay, you've a point on that one.

So you'd demand the working poor pay the same portion of their wages as the billionaires when they can barely pay their bills? All to fund military that's used to protect the interests of BP and The United Fruit Company?

Thats right. Everyone bleeds the same. Everyone gets the same thing from the government. Everyone pays for what the government is doing.

Absurd.

The military invaded whom to protect my business?

Bill Gates got food stamps?

Did we invade Guatamala to protect my business interests or did the United Fruit Company get something from the government most of us don't?

Forum List

Back