Flat taxes for everyone ???

Sure

As long as there are no deductions and the rich pay on everyting they earn. No capital gains exemptions, no subsidies....

YES, but only on what I term NEW INCOME, and no deductions. What I mean by "NEW INCOME" is monies that are not a return on investments you have made with monies that have already been taxed (capital gains, investments, sale of property) or monies which are given to you (gifts, bequeaths, etc...)

So far as I'm concerned the Government should only get ONE bite at the "apple" that is any particular bit of money, including the profits derived from the intelligent use of that money after it has already been taxed once.

YES, but only on what I term NEW INCOME, and no deductions. What I mean by "NEW INCOME" is monies that are not a return on investments you have made...

In other words, the richest Americans should be tax exempt and the poor should pay for everything...

I do not think that was what he was saying, but not absolutely sure. I had to read it 3 times myself.

He was just stating the way it is now where you do not pay income tax on money you have in the bank just on the interest from that money type of thing.

I can sort of agree on gifts to immediate family members only if you already paid tax on it.
But an exemption for gifts to anyone else could easially be misused and people could get gifts instead of bonuses for example.

He was just stating the way it is now where you do not pay income tax on money you have in the bank just on the interest from that money type of thing.
Not what he said. What he said would mean that those who play the stock market or whose income comes from re-investing money they already have would not pay income tax. He would tax only those who work and not wealthiest

YES, but only on what I term NEW INCOME, and no deductions. What I mean by "NEW INCOME" is monies that are not a return on investments you have made...

In other words, the richest Americans should be tax exempt and the poor should pay for everything...

No, everyone pays the same.
That's not what he said.

He said the richest Americans would pay nothing- because 'capital gains, investments, sale of property' would not be taxed. Only those who still work for a living would be taxed to pay for the military to protect the interests of the wealthy.

YES OR NO, and Why?

Yes as long as it's a flat amount, not a flat percentage.

I disagree. That would truly punish the poor. If you take a dollar away from someone with 10 dollars as opposed to taking a dollar from someone with 1000. That dollar hurts more.

The same percentage from everyone is the fair way to go.
So you'd demand the working poor pay the same portion of their wages as the billionaires when they can barely pay their bills? All to fund military that's used to protect the interests of BP and The United Fruit Company?

YES OR NO, and Why?

No. Bad idea.

Why?

Because unless the flat rate is set high enough it won't generate enough money to pay the bills.

And if it is set high enough, then the amount that the working classes will have to pay will bankrupt them.

I'm ALL for flattening taxes when we also flatten incomes.

Until then, this is just a plan that appeals to working people who aren't paying attention to the books, or a plan that appeals to very wealthy people who are seeking to turn this nation into a fascistic distopia.

The first 25K of anyone's income should be tax free. After that a flat 10-15% no deductions no exemptions.

Forum List

Back