Flashback to 2004: Low approval President vs flip flopping multi-millionaire

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
How'd that turn out again?

Believe me, the liberals remember...they're counting on history repeating itself.

I can't see where they're wrong.

Romney:

For the individual mandate before he was against it.

For cap and trade before he was against it.

For abortion before he was against it.

For gun control before he was against it.

For universal healthcare before he was against it.

For a path to citizenship before he was against it.

And the list goes on & on & on... http://www.businessinsider.com/14-b...s-that-were-dug-up-by-john-mccain-2012-1?op=1

So, tell me...why are the liberals wrong...why won't history repeat itself in 8 short years?

Last edited:

Believe me, the liberals remember...they're counting on history repeating itself.

Romney:

And the list goes on & on & on...

So, tell me...why are the liberals wrong...why won't history repeat itself in 8 short years?

i think you're largely correct.

but i don't think mitt is a given. i don't think voters like being told anyone is inevitable.

Romney:

but i don't think mitt is a given. i don't think voters like being told anyone is inevitable.

The GOP establishment RINO collective will carry him across the finish line on a stretcher if that's was it takes.

Resistance is futile.

Romney:

The GOP establishment RINO collective will carry him across the finish line on a stretcher if that's was it takes.

Resistance is futile.

Hillary might have something to say about the whole inevitablity thing.

well, we'll disagree about the whole RINO thing. To me, Republicans aren't supposed to be regressive and radical. They're supposed to be the cooler heads in the room. That's what they were when I was growing up. There are a few who still carry that banner. This new breed, to me, are usurpers.

But then again, it's not my party.

Last edited:
Romney has the best chance to defeat Obama, out of the potential nominees. Yes, Romney has weaknesses, and if Karl Rove were working for Obama, Romney would not stand a chance. But Rove isn'tn working for Obama, and Obama will not run the same kind of campaign that Bush did in 2004. Romney has a chance. He's the only one who does. Gingrich won't be nominated, and Santorum is shaping up to be as crazy as Paul.

Romney has the best chance to defeat Obama, out of the potential nominees. Yes, Romney has weaknesses, and if Karl Rove were working for Obama, Romney would not stand a chance. But Rove isn'tn working for Obama, and Obama will not run the same kind of campaign that Bush did in 2004. Romney has a chance. He's the only one who does. Gingrich won't be nominated, and Santorum is shaping up to be as crazy as Paul.

Who needs Karl Rove...the ads write themselves.

Romney debating Romney on every issue.

Romney will say "its the economy stupid"?

Romney:

And the list goes on & on & on... 14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain

Well you are sorta wrong..Kerry had ONE major flip flop.

:D

Romney will say "its the economy stupid"?

That's exactly what Kerry said...John Kerry ran on a job creation platform.
It's jobs, stupid, and tax cuts, too

http://articles.cnn.com/keyword/tax-cuts
March 26, 2004|By John Mercurio CNN Political Unit
pixel.gif

With his party $11 million richer from last night's unity dinner, John Kerry travels to Michigan today to take a whack at the soft spot in President Bush's economic recovery -- jobs.

It's jobs, stupid, and tax cuts, too - CNN

Remember the "Jobless Recovery" of 2003-2004?

It was one of the central pillars of Kerry's campaign.

And he lost.

Last edited:

Romney:

Just so I have it straight -- I'd hate to be accused of mischaratcerizing you...
Do you prefer to be referred to as a fraud and a liar, or a liar and a fraud?

Forum List

Back