Flashback: Rick Perry Supports Criminalizing Gay Sex

yeah. that's the problem. Not that Rick Perry wants to shrink government down to the size of a bedroom. The problem is obviously Mother Jones magazine.

What's that over there? A forest or just more trees?

the problem is, it may not be true. Headlines lie.
Well, in this case, the headlines apparently are true. Goggle Rick Perry Lawrence v Texas and the truth will set you free.

Seems the rabid right has another bigot, another homophobe, another ossified thinker to champion. Someone who disregards the protections afforded by the courts just to press his own warped, dusty, hate filled agenda of anti-privacy and the erosion of personal liberties all to satisfy the stilted, ignorant bigotry of a few knuckle dragging constituents from the mega churches and trailer parks.

See, no... how it works is this. What is true is the actual Lawrence v Texas facts, a bunch of bullshit picked up from one site to another, rewritten and spun is not 'true'. You really, really, really need to learn to think.

Flashback: Rick Perry Supports Criminalizing Gay Sex | Mother Jones

So what exactly has Perry done? Well, for one, he is (still) a supporter of the Texas "homosexual conduct" statute, an archaic law that made it a crime for two consenting, unrelated adults to have sex if they were of the same gender. The law was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in the landmark 2002 case Lawrence v. Texas, but, despite repeated efforts, Texas has yet to formally repeal the statute. When Perry was asked about the Lawrence case in 2002, he defended the anti-sodomy statute: "I think our law is appropriate that we have on the books." He wrote about the case in his 2011 book Fed Up, too, citing the Lawrence decision as the product of "nine oligarchs in robes" and an example of what's wrong with our judicial system. And last spring, when Perry ran for his third full term as governor, he did so on a state GOP platform that exlicitly stated "we oppose the legalization of sodomy."

That doesn't sound like "Small Government" Conservatism to me.

Thanks for posting this bert. Now I'm going to send Perry a nice, big campaign contribution. I'll vote for him for sure now. The more you guys THINK you're smearing him, the better I like him.

Show me where Obama has used bigotry to advance an agenda. Perry has done it in spades.

If you insist...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlMSqr2QyGs]Obama - "They're Going To Make You Afraid Of Me" - YouTube[/ame]

Before you whine, the agenda was 'getting elected'.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

Obama was trained by a real bigot and you made excuses for him. So shut the fuck about it.
Show me where Obama has used bigotry to advance an agenda. Perry has done it in spades.

Racist.

images-99.jpg

A few months back the State of California sent a delegation to Texas to see what Texas was doing correctly in the way of job creation that California could possibly borrow to restart their flailing economy. The delegation was headed by Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsome, former Mayor of San Francisco.
Governor Perry greeted the delegation with a recitation of Texas' record of job creation and for some reason ended the greeting with the statement that "This the Great State of Texas. Not some state where a man can marry a man!"
The California group would alternately tour the state and its industries, or meet at the State House for focus group discussions. On the last day of the trip one of the Texas Legislators, as was sometimes their custom, dropped in to the group session to listen to what was going on. This particular legislator was also the legislator that had recently resurrected and had had re enacted Texas' anti sodomy laws. He also was a member of a group that routinely purchased the life insurance policies, for cash at a discount, of terminally ill HIV patients. He was the beneficial owner of six such policies at the time. Other than the usual introductory banter at the start of the session, Gavin Newsome did not say one word during that last day of the visit.

Mother Jones?

Good Grief.

I usually go after the sources myself but this is factual. FACTUAL. Please try to respond to the fact that he said it. If you cant, you are a hack. You see a hack will deflect when something is thrown in their faces and they have no defense.

If you insist...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlMSqr2QyGs]Obama - "They're Going To Make You Afraid Of Me" - YouTube[/ame]

Before you whine, the agenda was 'getting elected'.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!
Oh how feeble! Did Obama say he was going to infringe on your rights in any way? Hell no! He laid out how his opposition was going to characterize him. Perry, on the other hand, says he is not in favor of the Lawrence v Texas SCOTUS decision. And that's how he advances ignorance, fear and bigotry.

Thanks for posting this bert. Now I'm going to send Perry a nice, big campaign contribution. I'll vote for him for sure now. The more you guys THINK you're smearing him, the better I like him.

Well least we know he'll have the vote of one racist homophobe then.

the problem is, it may not be true. Headlines lie.
Well, in this case, the headlines apparently are true. Goggle Rick Perry Lawrence v Texas and the truth will set you free.

Seems the rabid right has another bigot, another homophobe, another ossified thinker to champion. Someone who disregards the protections afforded by the courts just to press his own warped, dusty, hate filled agenda of anti-privacy and the erosion of personal liberties all to satisfy the stilted, ignorant bigotry of a few knuckle dragging constituents from the mega churches and trailer parks.

See, no... how it works is this. What is true is the actual Lawrence v Texas facts, a bunch of bullshit picked up from one site to another, rewritten and spun is not 'true'. You really, really, really need to learn to think.
I've looked high and low for some shred of evidence showing Perry's support for the Lawrence v Texas decision. I've exhaustively looked for evidence of how Perry's Justice Department has worked tirelessly to enforce the SCOTUS decision.

Tough luck.

Flashback: Rick Perry Supports Criminalizing Gay Sex | Mother Jones

So what exactly has Perry done? Well, for one, he is (still) a supporter of the Texas "homosexual conduct" statute, an archaic law that made it a crime for two consenting, unrelated adults to have sex if they were of the same gender. The law was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in the landmark 2002 case Lawrence v. Texas, but, despite repeated efforts, Texas has yet to formally repeal the statute. When Perry was asked about the Lawrence case in 2002, he defended the anti-sodomy statute: "I think our law is appropriate that we have on the books." He wrote about the case in his 2011 book Fed Up, too, citing the Lawrence decision as the product of "nine oligarchs in robes" and an example of what's wrong with our judicial system. And last spring, when Perry ran for his third full term as governor, he did so on a state GOP platform that exlicitly stated "we oppose the legalization of sodomy."

That doesn't sound like "Small Government" Conservatism to me.

Did you research this as thoroughly as you researched this thread yesterday?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-u-s-rule-that-doesn-t-exist.html#post4021941

Rick

As long as it is behind closed doors...Then ok, but once they start kissing and doing things in public and trying to get married, maybe perry may have a point. The bible says god hates it too. I can understand why god hates it as it is dishonorable and a sickness on society. God hates anything like this...

As long as it is behind closed doors...Then ok, but once they start kissing and doing things in public and trying to get married, maybe perry may have a point. The bible says god hates it too. I can understand why god hates it as it is dishonorable and a sickness on society.

They should be allowed to get married and kiss in public as well. We should not use the Bible as our Constitution.

As long as it is behind closed doors...Then ok, but once they start kissing and doing things in public and trying to get married, maybe perry may have a point. The bible says god hates it too. I can understand why god hates it as it is dishonorable and a sickness on society. God hates anything like this...

More "Small Government" Conservatism. :rolleyes:

right. defending civil liberties and personal freedom doesn't rank high on your list of priorities. Why should it? there's no profit in it.

I think you seem to have misread Elvis. He and I don't agree on everything, but he certainly believes in defending civil liberties and personal freedom. He even stated earlier he disagrees with Perry on this.

Forum List

Back