Flashback: Rasmussen Most Accurate Pollster in 2008

I remember when the exit polls had Kerry winning and liberals were already celebrating but in the end Bush won that election.

The only poll that really counts is the one in November.

Romney does need to step up his game though. He has 2 big disadvantages.

1. The media
2. Obama is an incumbent.

Please prove that the media is a disadvantage for Romney. You know how to prove something, don't you? It is what you are asked to do when you make a bullshit claim.

well...lets see....

The BIG story was how Romney "jumped the gun" when he siad the assault on the consulate was an act of terrorism.

Yet Romney was right.

Now we find out that Obama JUMPED the gun when he said it was a protest gone bad.

And I cant find it anywhere on the news.

SO both jumped the gun....Romney ended up being right; Obama ended up being wrong....yet Romney jumping the gun is the story.

You can find it on Fox and on CNN. Remember? CNN has the diary. :eusa_whistle: and obama sent the f b i over there.. :lol::lol::lol: a terrorist attack on the 11th anniversary of 9-11 and he goes to Las Vegas and he sends the f b i over there.. do you feel safe?

You should try reading the forums some time. You'd swear Romney was ahead according to some people on this site.

I dont poay attention to Bullshit.

Well, if you did, you'd know that people are in fact denying that Obama is leading.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is one of them.

lol...there are what....400 people that post on here.....300 of themn are republicans...and since they are on here, they by no means are your typical "republicans".....

I do not include the deabters on this board as "the general public"....myself included.

I dont poay attention to Bullshit.

Well, if you did, you'd know that people are in fact denying that Obama is leading.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is one of them.

lol...there are what....400 people that post on here.....300 of themn are republicans...and since they are on here, they by no means are your typical "republicans".....

I do not include the deabters on this board as "the general public"....myself included.

Yeah, well I didn't say the general public. I was just addressing your statement that "no one" is saying Obama isn't leading.

The New York Times November 4, 2010

On Tuesday, polls conducted by the firm Rasmussen Reports — which released more than 100 surveys in the final three weeks of the campaign, including some commissioned under a subsidiary on behalf of Fox News — badly missed the margin in many states, and also exhibited a considerable bias toward Republican candidates.

Other polling firms, like SurveyUSA and Quinnipiac University, produced more reliable results in Senate and gubernatorial races. A firm that conducts surveys by Internet, YouGov, also performed relatively well.
Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

Flashback: Rasmussen Most Accurate Pollster in 2008

In July, I started to notice something funky about the media polls. Almost all of them were using polling samples that assumed a dramatic increase in Democrat turnout over 2008. Even though the liberal group Third Way had found that Democrats lost around 1 million voters in 8 battleground states, media polls were implying an even bigger Democrat wave this year. It doesn't make sense.

<snip>

A look at other media polls' performance in 08 is especially illuminating, given the current questions surrounding their polls.

NBC/WSJ C
Marist D
ABC/WaP0 D+
Gallup D
CBS/NYT D-
Reuters F

So, if these polls were so off-the-mark in 2008, why should I pay attention to them now? It isn't surprising that the worst-performing polls from '08 all show Obama with a comfortable lead. The best-performing poll from 08 shows the race tied.

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety.

~Oddball
How stupid are you?

Forum List

Back