Flashback: Obama’s Sordid High School Past

It was the Boehner, speaker of the House, that made the claim that Rethugs got 98% of what they wanted.

Why do you feel the need to lie about the downgrade? The people that downgraded us did not say what you are claiming. This is what they DID say...

The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as
America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective,
and less predictable than what we previously believed. The statutory debt
ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in
the debate over fiscal policy. Despite this year's wide-ranging debate, in our
view, the differences between political parties have proven to be
extraordinarily difficult to bridge, and, as we see it, the resulting
agreement fell well short of the comprehensive fiscal consolidation program
that some proponents had envisaged until quite recently. Republicans and
Democrats have only been able to agree to relatively modest savings on
discretionary spending while delegating to the Select Committee decisions on
more comprehensive measures. It appears that for now, new revenues have
dropped down on the menu of policy options. In addition, the plan envisions
only minor policy changes on Medicare and little change in other entitlements,
the containment of which we and most other independent observers regard as key
to long-term fiscal sustainability.​

See where it says that there aren't enough cuts AND revenue? Which party has been completely intransigent on new revenue? (Think Grover Norquist and pledges.)

You are wasting your breath. Many members of USMB are braiwashed in the Murdoch school of synicism and misplaced blame built on a foundation of supreme court cosigning of thier constitutional right to lie. They believe that lying is an acceptable option in a wholly made up war on the enemies that have been assigned to them as the complete reason and responsibility for all that they have been convinced ails thier miserable lives.

Asking these folks to think for themselves is futile. Harder yet is getting them to look at issues that have been purposely obviscated by those that benefit from the muddied waters. When overwhelmed by an avalanche of media slight of hand it is almost excusable that they lose sight of what really benefits THEM and default to what ENTERTAINS them and re-enforces thier fears justifyable or not.

LOL, you got us all figured out..now one question? Do we have to pay for this miserable diagnosis Dr.
:lol:

You have already been paying for your voluntary brainwashing as have we all. What makes ME diferent..perhaps less involved and therefore more objective is that I recognised the very first media efforts to "brainwash" us and tuned out or turned off the tube as I found it offensive and frankly, evil. There was a moment,...a choice in all of our lives when we had to define for ourselves who and what we would trust. The very first time I was watching TV as a child and saw something...a skit.. on I Love Lucy that was, at least to me, not very funny at all. Something very odd came over the audio. It was howling laughter...laughter of all kinds... I said to myself..."Sean...WTF?" Then I turn to observe the rest of my family in the room laughing along with the injected laugh track. It was at that moment that I chose sides. I swore on the spot my oath to myself "You fuckers may have may have tricked my family into becoming your stooges and fools but YOU will never trick me into ANYTHING!...EVER!...YOU ARE EVIL!"

So ya you might say I am in a position to "make a diagnosis". I've been observing the brainwashing of my fellow citizens for over 55 years. I have to confess that it has been very difficult to watch.

Which party has been completely intransigent on cuts?

Republicans have gotten smart and are no longer fooled by the old "cuts in exchange for tax increases" switcharoo. The cuts are always off in the future for some other Congress to make, which they never do. The tax increases always start immediately. Any Democrat who offers cuts in the future for tax increases now is a scum bag.

Nobody, you moron. HUGE cuts were on the table, and the R's wouldn't accept them because they were too busy protecting their butt buddies, i.e., the 1%.

No cuts were on the table. Promises of future cuts aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Republicans have gotten smart and are no longer fooled by the old "cuts in exchange for tax increases" switcharoo. The cuts are always off in the future for some other Congress to make, which they never do. The tax increases always start immediately. Any Democrat who offers cuts in the future for tax increases now is a scum bag.

Nobody, you moron. HUGE cuts were on the table, and the R's wouldn't accept them because they were too busy protecting their butt buddies, i.e., the 1%.

No cuts were on the table. Promises of future cuts aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Okay, as long as you remain the uneducated, willfully ignorant posting equivalent of a flying, poo-flinging monkey, I won't be bothering to respond to your posts.

I'm guessing that means good-bye.

See where it says that there aren't enough cuts AND revenue? Which party has been completely intransigent on new revenue? (Think Grover Norquist and pledges.)

Sorry, but only one party has been willing to compromise and it was the party that signed the Grover Norquist blood pledge.

Latest Democratic Offer Includes Further Compromise, Matches Overall Numbers of Toomey Proposal;
Republicans Reject It

Democrats Offer Significant Concessions - Plan Is to the Right of Bowles-Simpson and Gang of Six

Dems make secret offer to cut deficit by $2 trillion

It is provable that the Republicans, held hostage by the Tea Baggers, are the ones that are unwilling to compromise. They had to, they signed a "pledge".

Sorry, but only one party has been willing to compromise and it was the party that signed the Grover Norquist blood pledge.

Latest Democratic Offer Includes Further Compromise, Matches Overall Numbers of Toomey Proposal;
Republicans Reject It

Democrats Offer Significant Concessions - Plan Is to the Right of Bowles-Simpson and Gang of Six

It is provable that the Republicans, held hostage by the Tea Baggers, are the ones that are unwilling to compromise. They had to, they signed a "pledge".

And they hold that pledge over the Constitution.

First president to orchestrate the sale of weapons to Mexican drug lords? Really? Are you sure?

First president to preside over a cut to our credit rating? Really, after Republicans got 98% of everything they wanted, the fault is Obama's?

When you post to bullshit and talking points, you leave people wondering whether or not you're unstable. At least the one I posted has facts to back it up.

Republicans got 98% of what they wanted?
Republicans wanted to cut 6 trillion in 10 years.
Dems got their way instead and only cut by 1.2 trillion in 10 years.
This is why we got a credit downgrade, because of Dem's policies rdean.

That's not true. If you feel it is, back it up with some data or a link of some kind.

Like this:

GOP: We got 98 percent of what we wanted - CBS News

or this:

John Boehner And The GOP Celebrate Christmas By Creating Zero Jobs but got 98% of everything they wanted

Last edited by a moderator:

Republicans Reject It

No onw is fooled by liberal propaganda. Promises of future spending cuts aren't worth the paper they are written on. All your so-called "concessions" are smoke and mirrors. On the other hand, the tax cuts demanded are real. They occur immediately.

What I want to see is real cuts now. I want to seen this year's budget cut by $500 billion. The only concessions Republicans should make is on how much to cut. Tax increases should be off the table until spending is brought under control.

Republicans Reject It

No onw is fooled by liberal propaganda. Promises of future spending cuts aren't worth the paper they are written on. All your so-called "concessions" are smoke and mirrors. On the other hand, the tax cuts demanded are real. They occur immediately.

What I want to see is real cuts now. I want to seen this year's budget cut by $500 billion. The only concessions Republicans should make is on how much to cut. Tax increases should be off the table until spending is brought under control.

Bears repeating...and how about a REAL budget instead of half measures, and budget ceiling increases?

The Obamabots conveniently forget or just ignore anything that conflicts with their Obama-Worship programming. Didn't they rip ole BOOOOSH daily for having past alcohol problems? Their guy is an admitted coke-head, yet they don't seem to have a problem with that. Also, his complete College Records still haven't been released. Why is that? Some suspect it's because his education was funded with a Foreign Student Scholarship. I can't say whether that's true or not. No one really knows. It's just like everything about Barack Obama. No one really knows much about his past. People really should check out 'The Obama Deception' movie. Nothing adds up with this guy. It's all a scam.

The Obamabots conveniently forget or just ignore anything that conflicts with their Obama-Worship programming. Didn't they rip ole BOOOOSH daily for having past alcohol problems? Their guy is an admitted coke-head, yet they don't seem to have a problem with that. Also, his complete College Records still haven't been released. Why is that? Some suspect it's because his education was funded with a Foreign Student Scholarship. I can't say whether that's true or not. No one really knows. It's just like everything about Barack Obama. No one really knows much about his past. People really should check out 'The Obama Deception' movie. Nothing adds up with this guy. It's all a scam.

The Fiction and Non-Fiction of Obama

Obama is manufactured...carried by others.

Forum List

Back