Flashback: Obama calls adding $4 trillion to national debt “unpatriotic”

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
good grief.

SNIP:
posted at 10:45 am on August 24, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
printer-friendly Yesterday, I wrote about the CBS News story showing that Barack Obama had added over $4 trillion to the national debt in less than three years, which puts the current President on track in one term (and probably less) to beat the record that took his predecessor two terms to set. Some called this an unfair attack, noting that Congress authorizes spending, a point I addressed yesterday and which does Democrats no good at all. But guess who else blamed rising national debt on a President? Why, it’s Candidate (and then-Senator) Obama,. who not only blamed George Bush for adding more national debt than his previous 42 predecessors combined, but also questioned Bush’s patriotism for the same policies that Obama accelerated as President himself:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q]Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic. - YouTube[/ame]

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.
“Credit card from the Bank of China”? That was a favorite phrase of Obama’s during the campaign. A quick search shows that he used it in an April 2008 debate, this June 2008 appearance, and others as well, usually tying it to tax cuts.

And what exactly has Obama done as President? Despite claiming that he has known that deficit reduction has been needed since the first day he took office, Obama has offered no deficit reduction proposals in his term as President. In fact, he has submitted budget proposals that have massively expanded deficit spending.

read the rest and comments at.

Flashback: Obama calls adding $4 trillion to national debt “unpatriotic” « Hot Air

Last edited:
McCain would have faced the same Bush nightmares - and likely would have made things even worse - with Palin only a heartbeat away.

Hillary may have handled things considerably better.

good grief.

SNIP:
posted at 10:45 am on August 24, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
printer-friendly Yesterday, I wrote about the CBS News story showing that Barack Obama had added over $4 trillion to the national debt in less than three years, which puts the current President on track in one term (and probably less) to beat the record that took his predecessor two terms to set. Some called this an unfair attack, noting that Congress authorizes spending, a point I addressed yesterday and which does Democrats no good at all. But guess who else blamed rising national debt on a President? Why, it’s Candidate (and then-Senator) Obama,. who not only blamed George Bush for adding more national debt than his previous 42 predecessors combined, but also questioned Bush’s patriotism for the same policies that Obama accelerated as President himself:Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic. - YouTube

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.
“Credit card from the Bank of China”? That was a favorite phrase of Obama’s during the campaign. A quick search shows that he used it in an April 2008 debate, this June 2008 appearance, and others as well, usually tying it to tax cuts.

And what exactly has Obama done as President? Despite claiming that he has known that deficit reduction has been needed since the first day he took office, Obama has offered no deficit reduction proposals in his term as President. In fact, he has submitted budget proposals that have massively expanded deficit spending.

read the rest and comments at.

Flashback: Obama calls adding $4 trillion to national debt “unpatriotic” « Hot Air
I sure hope they make all these into campaign commercials in 2012.

obama-gets-job-done.jpg

BartCop's most recent rants - Political Humor and Commentary

O needs to debate O's 2008 campaign teleprompter. It would be magical and replete with bullshit.

Someone sooooooooooo has to take all the 'candidate Obama' clips like this, and splice them together with all the 'President Obama' clips and actions they match up to. You'd have about 20 minutes of 180 degree turns, flips, flops... it would be freaking hilarious!

Obama was left with little choice following the Bush holocaust.

Faced with undeniable hypocrisy, that is your response. Invoke such pathetic rhetoric and compare the economy to the genocide of Jews during WWII. This is the modern leftist, classless as usual. :clap2:

Bush screwed up in eight...Obama not to be outdone did it in 2 1/2 years.

Actually, the Democrat control freaks in Congress did it both times. Congress votes for and spends (or doesn't) spend the money on what it chooses (or excludes) to spend it on.

It's time to give back the Senate, the House, and the Oval Office to conservatives to balance the budget and push the balking donkeys back into their little hate-America corrals. We have to. The unemployed people in America deserve to get their jobs back.

Obama is just not up to the job. Hopefully he comes back from vacation and says "fuck it, I know I'm in over my head, I don't care what Putin's orders are, I quit"

And? So what? Get back to me when the right stops calling people unpatriotic for daring to oppose their policies. Then, and only then, will you have a point.

Forum List

Back