Flashback Obama 2008: 'I Will Make It Impossible' To 'Slip' Last Minute Pork In Bill

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By staff
9/22/2008

Speaking at a campaign event on September 22, 2008: "I'll make our government open and transparent so that anyone can ensure that our business is the people's business. As Justice Louis Brandeis once said, sunlight is the greatest disinfectant. As President, I will make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork-barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws when no one is looking because when I am president, meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public. No more secrecy."

See Video Link:

(Excerpt)

Read more at:
Flashback Obama 2008: 'I Will Make It Impossible' To 'Slip' Last Minute Pork In Bills

• Banned
By staff
9/22/2008

Speaking at a campaign event on September 22, 2008: "I'll make our government open and transparent so that anyone can ensure that our business is the people's business. As Justice Louis Brandeis once said, sunlight is the greatest disinfectant. As President, I will make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork-barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws when no one is looking because when I am president, meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public. No more secrecy."

See Video Link:

(Excerpt)

Read more at:
Flashback Obama 2008: 'I Will Make It Impossible' To 'Slip' Last Minute Pork In Bills
~~~~~

Why the House GOP Left the Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill Out in the Cold

By Elspeth Reeve
The Atlantic Wire

While the fiscal cliff deal was busy getting passed, bitter House Republicans allowed a $27 billion relief package for states affected by Hurricane Sandy to die amidst partisan, pork-stuffed complaints. Majority Leader Eric Cantor had pushed for the bill to be debated Wednesday, Politico's David Rogers explains, and Republican Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen of New Jersey had filed a $33 billion amendment to the $27 billion Senate bill. But Tuesday night, House Republicans had a change of heart, and the bill will likely fade away as the extended session of Congress comes to a close Wednesday afternoon. Northeastern lawmakers are furious, and say House Republicans just don't want to vote for a spending bill after voting for a tax increase.

***Snip***

Read more at:
Why the House GOP Left the Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill Out in the Cold - Yahoo! News

Forum List

Back