FLASHBACK: 'No Risk' USA Will Lose Its Top Credit Rating. Says,Treasury's Geithner

Geithner has to be fired. Then this President's "Jobs Czar" GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt needs to be fired next. Ah Hell,just fire this President and all Democrats in 2012. Make it happen America!

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner said Tuesday there is "no risk" the U.S. will lose its top credit rating amid a new analysis that revised its outlook on American debt to "negative."

Geithner took to the airwaves of financial news networks to push back against a report Monday by Standard & Poor's that lowered its outlook on U.S. debt to "negative," reflecting political uncertainty over whether lawmakers will reach an agreement to address long-term debt.

There is no chance that the U.S. will lose its top credit rating, Geithner said, forcefully disputing the notion that S&P or other ratings services might downgrade U.S. bonds from their current AAA rating.

"No risk of that, no risk," Geithner said on the Fox Business Network.

"Washington is a hard place to read. And it's hard for people to look past the political rhetoric and try to understand whether the leadership of Washington is going to take the tough steps necessary to get ahead of this problem," the Treasury secretary explained. "I think the prospects for a bipartisan agreement are better than they've been in a long period of time. Of course, we have to turn that into action."

To help alleviate pressure, Geithner said he would prefer Congress authorize a substantial increase in the debt ceiling, though the secretary said the administration would defer to Congress in making the ultimate determination.

"If it were up to me, knowing that you want the world to know that our commitment to meet our obligation will never be in question, you would do it for as long as possible," he said. "Important to recognize that even under Paul Ryan's budget plan, you'd have to raise the debt limit by probably $2 trillion over the next 18 months to get through this, roughly the same amount as in the president's framework."

The administration trotted Geithner out on Tuesday after the S&P report rattled markets on Monday and drove Republican criticism of the White House over the Obama administration's deficit-reduction plans.

The Republican-held House passed a budget last week that would make substantial cuts over the next decade and reshape entitlement programs. But that plan, authored by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), isn't expected to advance through the Senate and reach Obama's desk, and the administration has launched a new round of negotiations aimed at reaching an agreement on deficit reduction.

The administration announced Monday that Vice President Joe Biden would spearhead those negotiations in a summit May 5 at Blair House, though it's not clear whether Republicans on Capitol Hill intend to participate. Those meetings run parallel to talks held by the Gang of Six in the Senate intended to advance another bipartisan plan for tackling deficits and debt.

Geithner said a key step toward reducing uncertainty over U.S. debt would be to authorize an increase in the debt ceiling, a step lawmakers will need to take some time this spring, but which Republicans have insisted must be paired with serious fiscal reforms.

Congress last authorized an increase in February 2010, raising the limit by $1.9 trillion to a total of $14.3 trillion.

'No risk' the US will lose its top credit rating, says Treasury's Geithner - The Hill's On The Money

after the downgrade can you really trust what the Left says about finances and the economy
For example PapaObama Care was going to instantly create 400,000 jobs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNiLYEiFUMU]‪Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, says Choppy Hands McBotox‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

We lost it today, down to AA+, thank you Obama, you have successfully fundamentally changed America. But you will go no further without a firm ass whoopen from we the people, I beg you to dare try it. We are ready for your UN weapons sanctions and your communist agenda, try me asshole and see what happens.

Oh, get over yourself, ass!! This was not Obama's fault. And I don't understand why you're bitching about it. Isn't this what you and the other bagheads wanted?? Somethng like this to happen during Obama's presidency?? First time since 1917!!! Congratulations!!! And don't worry about the country. Getting the black guy out of the WH is the most important thing, right?? Stupid jerk.

The result of the latest vote was irrelevant to this - it was bound to happen either way. And, anyone who thought otherwise was unrealistic.

Yep.

But, you gotta admit, this Administration is taking the phrase 'rising to the level of your individual incompetence' to a whole new level.

The only thing that surprises me is that the left are still defending it. Perhaps they care more about political agenda than country?

Oh, please. Don't even try it. That describes the Obama haters, such as yourself, just perfectly. You think you're so slick, but you're not.

We lost it today, down to AA+, thank you Obama, you have successfully fundamentally changed America. But you will go no further without a firm ass whoopen from we the people, I beg you to dare try it. We are ready for your UN weapons sanctions and your communist agenda, try me asshole and see what happens.

Oh, get over yourself, ass!! This was not Obama's fault. And I don't understand why you're bitching about it. Isn't this what you and the other bagheads wanted?? Somethng like this to happen during Obama's presidency?? First time since 1917!!! Congratulations!!! And don't worry about the country. Getting the black guy out of the WH is the most important thing, right?? Stupid jerk.

Oh yes, racism , of course

People hate not his skin colour but the colour of his politics

Geithner made that statement on April 19, 2011. I doubt he could have foreseen the bizarre T-Republican dysfunctionality that would follow.

No actually he said that this week. On Tuesday he appeared on all the TV Networks proclaiming this.

Why must I continually explain how transparent you people are?? You give yourselves away all the time.

"As soon as Barack Obama won the election in 2008, bigots in the Republican Party began making snide, racist remarks meant to demean the president and it has continued without pause. During the healthcare reform debates, teabaggers and Republicans accused the president of stealing white Americans’ money to pay for “his homies” health insurance. When the Democratic representatives marched to the capital to vote on the health law, protestors threw racial epithets at Black representatives. On various conservative websites, racists posted photos depicting the President as an African tribal chief or medicine man. When the president instructed the DEA to back off medical marijuana users, the chatter was that he was repaying the “bros” in the ghetto for their votes. The racial hatred for the president is not really the issue, but defines the sentiment of the country.

Within a day of the president taking office, Mitch McConnell stated that Republicans highest priority was making President Obama a one term president. McConnell has repeated the comment in spite of the president’s policies that can best be described as Centrist for working with the business community, Wall Street, Insurance Industry, and the banking industry. President Obama has presided over the lowest tax rates in over 60 years and has been strong on defense but he still gets criticism as being un-American. Un-American is just code for African-American and it explains the birther movement meant to delegitimize the president as wrong, foreign, or not like us. In other words; not white.

There must be zero tolerance for any American who uses racial slurs or discriminates against a racial minority or else bigotry will continue until the country is torn apart by a race war. If any American thinks racism is not rampant in America, look at some Southern states that glorify the Civil War and still fly the Confederate flag. That flag represents slavery and is used by hate-groups like the KKK and various militias in the north and the south. Racism is a disease that will not be eradicated any time soon and it does not help when a member of the House of Representatives throws out a racial epithet like tar baby when referring to the first African-American president. Mr. Lamborn cannot be sent to prison for using a racial slur against the president because unfortunately, it is not against the law. However, to teach the country that no bigoted remarks will be tolerated by a government employee, he should be forced to resign. It would not eliminate racism, but it would send a strong message that our leaders will not tolerate bigots. Unfortunately, with Republicans controlling the House where Lamborn is a member, he will not even be censured because he was just expressing the GOP’s sentiment and was caught saying what McConnell, Boehner, and the rest of the Republicans must be saying in private. How can anyone be so sure? Because of his poor excuse of an apology and the ease at which he called the President of the United States a tar baby."

When have you heard any right winger call this wrong??? When??? If you're racist, then own it. Quit hiding behind saying that you're being picked on, like a bunch of pansy asses.
I wish I could post the entire content, but I can't. I would suggest reading it.

Of Tar Babies And Presidents: The Racist Strategy To Demean Obama

Last edited:
The leftist Zombie Squad is sooo entrenched in their adoration and worship of King Obama that even being downgraded means nothing to them. Leftists are a braindead lot of simpletons.. stop wasting your time in debating these Zombies.. they're lost in their own freak-filled Utopia.

Weren't these the same asswipes who told us that unemployment wouldn't top 8% if they passed their bazillion dollar succubus plan?

How those dickweeds manage to have any credibility whatsoever is a mystery to me.
Yes, they were.

And to your question - cult, that's how.

Why must I continually explain how transparent you people are?? You give yourselves away all the time.

"As soon as Barack Obama won the election in 2008, bigots in the Republican Party began making snide, racist remarks meant to demean the president and it has continued without pause. During the healthcare reform debates, teabaggers and Republicans accused the president of stealing white Americans’ money to pay for “his homies” health insurance. When the Democratic representatives marched to the capital to vote on the health law, protestors threw racial epithets at Black representatives. On various conservative websites, racists posted photos depicting the President as an African tribal chief or medicine man. When the president instructed the DEA to back off medical marijuana users, the chatter was that he was repaying the “bros” in the ghetto for their votes. The racial hatred for the president is not really the issue, but defines the sentiment of the country.

Within a day of the president taking office, Mitch McConnell stated that Republicans highest priority was making President Obama a one term president. McConnell has repeated the comment in spite of the president’s policies that can best be described as Centrist for working with the business community, Wall Street, Insurance Industry, and the banking industry. President Obama has presided over the lowest tax rates in over 60 years and has been strong on defense but he still gets criticism as being un-American. Un-American is just code for African-American and it explains the birther movement meant to delegitimize the president as wrong, foreign, or not like us. In other words; not white.

There must be zero tolerance for any American who uses racial slurs or discriminates against a racial minority or else bigotry will continue until the country is torn apart by a race war. If any American thinks racism is not rampant in America, look at some Southern states that glorify the Civil War and still fly the Confederate flag. That flag represents slavery and is used by hate-groups like the KKK and various militias in the north and the south. Racism is a disease that will not be eradicated any time soon and it does not help when a member of the House of Representatives throws out a racial epithet like tar baby when referring to the first African-American president. Mr. Lamborn cannot be sent to prison for using a racial slur against the president because unfortunately, it is not against the law. However, to teach the country that no bigoted remarks will be tolerated by a government employee, he should be forced to resign. It would not eliminate racism, but it would send a strong message that our leaders will not tolerate bigots. Unfortunately, with Republicans controlling the House where Lamborn is a member, he will not even be censured because he was just expressing the GOP’s sentiment and was caught saying what McConnell, Boehner, and the rest of the Republicans must be saying in private. How can anyone be so sure? Because of his poor excuse of an apology and the ease at which he called the President of the United States a tar baby."

When have you heard any right winger call this wrong??? When??? If you're racist, then own it. Quit hiding behind saying that you're being picked on, like a bunch of pansy asses.
I wish I could post the entire content, but I can't. I would suggest reading it.

My god quit crying. The inauguration ceremony set the tone.

Hey! Dumbass racist. it was the White guy who put the Black guy in the WH.. so now if we don't like his policies what is wrong with getting him out? oh that's right... race card race card race card.

I think you're hysterical, but in case you are not list them and name them and provide links to what they said.

2. that's astounding I'l like to see that link cause I didn't hear it.

3. Isn't the congressional black caucus racist?

Geithner couldn't even file his own Taxes properly using Turbo Tax. I said he was an incompetent dunce right from the very beginning. Yet so many worshipped at his alter,proclaiming him divine. Turbo Tim has to go.

With the Left, it is symbolism over substance

They may think letting him go too soon would make them look even
more responsible

So better to put their needs over the country's needs

With the Left, it is symbolism over substance

They may think letting him go too soon would make them look even
more responsible

So better to put their needs over the country's needs

Oh yea,you nailed that one for sure. It's all about Party before Country for the Democrats. They'll do or say anything to stay in power. Hopefully the People will fire them all in 2012. Come on 2012!

I see the wingnut spin machine has been working overtime since this credit downgrade.

If you think that the majority of Americans (including most conservative economists), are ever going to believe that the Tea Party is not responsible for this downgrade you are out of your mind!

But, good luck trying!

Forum List

Back