Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
my my..no way

SNIP:
April 24, 2006

Democrats Eager to Exploit Anger Over Gas Prices
By MICHAEL JANOFSKY

WASHINGTON, April 20 — Democrats running for Congress are moving quickly to use the most recent surge in oil and gasoline prices to bash Republicans over energy policy, and more broadly, the direction of the country.

With oil prices hitting a high this week and prices at the pump topping $3 a gallon in many places, Amy Klobuchar, a Democratic Senate candidate in Minnesota, is making the issue the centerpiece of her campaign. Ms. Klobuchar says it "is one of the first things people bring up" at her campaign stops.

To varying degrees, Democrats around the country are following a similar script that touches on economic anxiety and populist resentment against oil companies.

"It's a metaphor for an economy that keeps biting people despite overall good numbers," said Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. Mr. Schumer said Democratic candidates in 10 of the 34 Senate races this year had scheduled campaign events this week focusing on gasoline prices.

the rest at.
Democrats Eager to Exploit Anger Over Gas Prices

Last edited:
Why are people upset over the price of gas? I don't change my habits, my car gets 15 mpg and I will not alter anything.

Forum List

Back