Flashback: Carville Wanted Bush to Fail

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Flashback: Carville Wanted Bush to Fail - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

I only need to post the sub-head here, mostly because it just shows how biased FoxNews is.

Ready?

The press never reported that Democratic strategist James Carville said he wanted President Bush to fail before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. But a feeding frenzy ensued when radio host Rush Limbaugh recently said he wanted President Obama to fail.

On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, just minutes before learning of the terrorist attacks on America, Democratic strategist James Carville was hoping for President Bush to fail, telling a group of Washington reporters: "I certainly hope he doesn't succeed."

So, on average, Rush Limbaugh reaches 20-30 million people per day.

James Carville reaches....

A group of Washington reporters.

And FoxNews equates the two. It's absolutely laughable.

Flashback: Carville Wanted Bush to Fail - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

I only need to post the sub-head here, mostly because it just shows how biased FoxNews is.

Ready?

The press never reported that Democratic strategist James Carville said he wanted President Bush to fail before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. But a feeding frenzy ensued when radio host Rush Limbaugh recently said he wanted President Obama to fail.

On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, just minutes before learning of the terrorist attacks on America, Democratic strategist James Carville was hoping for President Bush to fail, telling a group of Washington reporters: "I certainly hope he doesn't succeed."

What's absolute laughable are your pathetic attempts to excuse any and every bias and misstep that anyone on your side ever makes. "It doesn't matter when we screw up, but it's the end of the damned world when the right does!"

The objection to Rush wasn't that so many people heard it . . . until you needed some way to excuse that 1) someone on your side did the same thing once, and 2) the media didn't consider it worth reporting. Why am I sitting here, sneering at the thought that you wouldn't be at all outraged if it was the chief of staff of the governor of Idaho who had said it instead of Rush Limbaugh? Be serious. That poor, anonymous schlub would be national news and burned in effigy somewhere faster than I can spit.

The fact of the matter is, James Carville was a paid member of the staff of the previous President of the United States, a political pundit appearing on a multitude of television programs and quoted in many media outlets (on other things, anyway), and an important public political figure. Rush Limbaugh is a celebrity with a radio program, officially affiliated with exactly zero administrations, political parties, or other government or quasi-government groups, but with a large audience.

Yes, in terms of whether or not the media should have covered both statements, they are equivalent. And you'd know it if you'd stop inspecting your colon for polyps and pull your head out.

Ready?

What's absolute laughable are your pathetic attempts to excuse any and every bias and misstep that anyone on your side ever makes. "It doesn't matter when we screw up, but it's the end of the damned world when the right does!"

Did you actually read the article or are you just summarizing? Did you happen to read about the other event that took place that day? You know... 9/11?

Let me see, which news story should we talk about in our media coverage tonight? What some political pundit said about George Bush or a terrorist attack on our country that killed 3,000 people, destroyed a good chunk of Manhattan, the Pentagon and 4 airplanes along with the death of hundreds of firefighters and police officers?

If you want to wonder why people didn't discuss it on the evening news, perhaps THAT is why. Instead of being quick to judge the media coverage of this, you should've read the article.

Ready?

...every liberal on this board.

Ready?

...every liberal on this board.

So three people then? Chris, Sealybobo and Jillian?

:eek:

JAMES CARVILLE IS TERRAL'S ROGUE ELEMENT!!!

On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, just minutes before learning of the terrorist attacks on America, Democratic strategist James Carville was hoping for President Bush to fail, telling a group of Washington reporters: "I certainly hope he doesn't succeed

:lol:

DUmmies! have no shame,, but much hypocrisy :lol:

We rush into these focus groups with these doubts that people have about him, and I'm wanting them to turn against him," Greenberg admitted.

The pollster added with a chuckle of disbelief: "They don't want him to fail. I mean, they think it matters if the president of the United States fails."

Minutes later, as news of the terrorist attacks reached the hotel conference room where the Democrats were having breakfast with the reporters, Carville announced: "Disregard everything we just said! This changes everything!"

It shows hypocrisy. In this case, James Carville wanted Bush to fail and was prepared to announce it to the world except that he was 'saved' by the terrorist attacks and said "Disregard everything we just said! This changes everything!" Now Carville is deliberately focusing on words Limbaugh used which are the same as his own for the sole purpose of undermining the Republican Party. The guy is pure scum.

Ready?

The objection to Rush wasn't that so many people heard it . . . until you needed some way to excuse that 1) someone on your side did the same thing once, and 2) the media didn't consider it worth reporting. Why am I sitting here, sneering at the thought that you wouldn't be at all outraged if it was the chief of staff of the governor of Idaho who had said it instead of Rush Limbaugh? Be serious. That poor, anonymous schlub would be national news and burned in effigy somewhere faster than I can spit.

The fact of the matter is, James Carville was a paid member of the staff of the previous President of the United States, a political pundit appearing on a multitude of television programs and quoted in many media outlets (on other things, anyway), and an important public political figure. Rush Limbaugh is a celebrity with a radio program, officially affiliated with exactly zero administrations, political parties, or other government or quasi-government groups, but with a large audience.

Yes, in terms of whether or not the media should have covered both statements, they are equivalent. And you'd know it if you'd stop inspecting your colon for polyps and pull your head out.

:clap2:

Ready?

Did you actually read the article or are you just summarizing? Did you happen to read about the other event that took place that day? You know... 9/11?

Let me see, which news story should we talk about in our media coverage tonight? What some political pundit said about George Bush or a terrorist attack on our country that killed 3,000 people, destroyed a good chunk of Manhattan, the Pentagon and 4 airplanes along with the death of hundreds of firefighters and police officers?

If you want to wonder why people didn't discuss it on the evening news, perhaps THAT is why. Instead of being quick to judge the media coverage of this, you should've read the article.

dosen't really matter what else happened that day, what matters is that now you know that the democwats wished Bush would fail,, and you are not outraged.. so piss off. oh,, and democwats wished it before Iraq so you can hang that bullshit in the closet too.. DUmmie

It shows hypocrisy. In this case, James Carville wanted Bush to fail and was prepared to announce it to the world except that he was 'saved' by the terrorist attacks and said "Disregard everything we just said! This changes everything!" Now Carville is deliberately focusing on words Limbaugh used which are the same as his own for the sole purpose of undermining the Republican Party. The guy is pure scum.

If Carville is hitting Limbaugh over the head about saying those things, then yes, Carville is a fucking doushebag and deserves to be run over by a semi truck. The guy's been a loon since day 1. But the "media" did not not report his story because of any other reason other than America being under attack.

dosen't really matter what else happened that day, what matters is that now you know that the democwats wished Bush would fail,, and you are not outraged.. so piss off. oh,, and democwats wished it before Iraq so you can hang that bullshit in the closet too.. DUmmie

One human being, and I use that term loosely with this piss-ant, does not represent the entire Democratic party. I absolutely hoped Bush would succeed in Iraq, Afghanistan and with his domestic policies. Ideologically, Bush and I don't disagree on too many things - I would love the idea of smaller government and lower taxes - who wouldn't?? But it's not plausable. Second, even though Bush is not pro-choice, he would not and did not seek any kind of federal ban on abortions. He sought one and rightfully so on partial birth abortions which are attrocities. I don't care what you believe in as long as you keep it in your home and your Church, I have no problem with you. The second you try to influence public law - we've got a problem.

Where Bush screwed up was relying on old intelligence that wasn't 100% solid. He had wanted to go after Iraq, even though Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, since 9/11. He did not see that his policies in Iraq weren't working and finally decided to change the course AFTER nearly 3000 of our brave men and women died. A true leader would put the interests of the country and the soldiers and the war instead of his ability to be overwhelmingly stubborn. His fiscal policies of de-regulation, along with Bill Clinton's, led us into the crisis we're in now. We've now learned that we cannot let the market off the leash - we've tried it and it's failed. We have to regulate the market. Slower growth because of more restrictions is far better than what we've seen these past few months.

And finally, Bush letting Lehman Brothers fail was an extraordinary mistake. It was the worst decision of his entire presidency.

I did not wish Bush failed, but in the end, he did.

Let's not forget Pelosi, and her never talked about little quote: "Why should we tell our plan? Our plan is to stop him (Bush)"

the problem with the nitwits who think this is a story with legs is that James C. never claimed to represent the Democratic party or liberalism as Rush claims to represent conservatism and more.

sigh!

Ready?

Carville is just one of tens of MILLIONS of Leftists that want the US to fail... What Rush wants is for Hussein to fail, so that America will NOT.

I agree, there's no news in a leftists calling for the US to fail... It's tantamount to reporting that the sky is blue.

Plus James C. served in the military defending America from her enemies while Rush sat home because he had a huge boil on his ass. True!!!

Rush avoided the draft because he had a pilonidal cyst on his ass. Now it's on his lips bwahahahahahahahahqaa!!!!

snopes.com: Rush Limbaugh's Pilonidal Cyst

frankenstein-jj-001.jpg

I know I read it... and it's hysterical that YOU missed that a leftist was calling for the SAME THING THAT THOSE WHO EXECUTED THAT ATTACK ON 9-11... and the fact that those SAME attackers, were they alive on last election day and were they US Citizens, would have voted FOR President Hussein Obama...

New Topics

Forum List

Back