FLASHBACK-Barack Obama: it is no longer essential to kill Osama Bin Laden

Obama saying it was for strategic purposes. Bush meant it when he said it and made sure to cease and desist all efforts related to finding Osama Bin Laden and then he went to watch cartoons. Don't you guys get it?

So this means Obama was lying. He was downplaying it publically but we still had our intell agencies on it.

But you know, there is no way Bush was just downplaying publically. No. He really meant it. Because he is a (R), and Obama is a (D), so...so... ya.

You're right.

Absolutely right.

It's called misdirection.

All part of the operation to kill Osama Bin Laden.

Seems it worked.:eusa_shhh:

I guess Obama could have made it obvious he was going to go after him. :lol: You know, so he kknew we were coming.

but...but...but....

BooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooSSShhhhhhhh!!!!!11111!!!!111
Ah, yes.....someone with a military-background!!!

bush_serving_beer.jpg

You got something against beer?

:cuckoo:

So this means Obama was lying. He was downplaying it publically but we still had our intell agencies on it.

But you know, there is no way Bush was just downplaying publically. No. He really meant it. Because he is a (R), and Obama is a (D), so...so... ya.

You're right.

Absolutely right.

It's called misdirection.

All part of the operation to kill Osama Bin Laden.

Seems it worked.:eusa_shhh:

I guess Obama could have made it obvious he was going to go after him. :lol: You know, so he kknew we were coming.

But thats what you guys expected Bush to do. :rolleyes:

Obama did make it obvious that we were going after bin Laden. He campaigned on the notion that going into Iraq was a mistake and that the country needed to now redouble our efforts and focus on Afghanistan, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda. Take a look at the videos that are being posted here, Obama states that it's unacceptable that bin Laden has not yet been caught. If it wasn't clear to you all along that we were going after bin Laden, then you're not very bright.

From The Times January 15, 2009,

Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

His comments, in a CBS interview, represent a significant watering down of the "dead or alive" policy pursued by President Bush since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. They also appear to contradict Mr Obama's own statements made in the election campaign.

As recently as October 7, in a presidential debate, Mr Obama said: "We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

Yesterday, the President-elect adopted far less aggressive language, saying his "No 1 priority" was to protect America from further attack.

"I think that we have to so weaken [bin Laden's] infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function," he said. "And I'm confident that we can keep them on the run and ensure that they cannot train terrorists to attack our homeland."

A new audio tape thought to be from bin Laden was broadcast yesterday, taunting President Bush for leaving his successor "with a heavy inheritance" that would force Mr Obama to choose between military defeat or drowning in economic crisis.

Barack Obama: it is no longer essential to kill Osama bin Laden - Times Online

Except Obama actually ended up doing it, instead of sitting on his ass and sucking his thumb, like Bush did.

Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

His comments, in a CBS interview, represent a significant watering down of the "dead or alive" policy pursued by President Bush since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. They also appear to contradict Mr Obama's own statements made in the election campaign.

As recently as October 7, in a presidential debate, Mr Obama said: "We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

Yesterday, the President-elect adopted far less aggressive language, saying his "No 1 priority" was to protect America from further attack.

"I think that we have to so weaken [bin Laden's] infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function," he said. "And I'm confident that we can keep them on the run and ensure that they cannot train terrorists to attack our homeland."

A new audio tape thought to be from bin Laden was broadcast yesterday, taunting President Bush for leaving his successor "with a heavy inheritance" that would force Mr Obama to choose between military defeat or drowning in economic crisis.

Except Obama actually ended up doing it, instead of sitting on his ass and sucking his thumb, like Bush did.

Right, the CIA and military all just folded up their tents and went home during Bush years. It wasn't until the Hussein came along and inspired them all with hope that they could really catch OBL this time, so they went back out into the field to started searching again.

:smoke:

Right, the CIA and military all just folded up their tents and went home during Bush years. It wasn't until the Hussein came along and inspired them all with hope that they could really catch OBL this time, so they went back out into the field to started searching again.

:cuckoo: Nobody ever said that, so you're arguing a straw man. What happened was that Bush decided it wasn't worth going after bin Laden, and that it would be more fun to invade Iraq instead. So he turned the CIA, the military, and the vast majority of the nation's other resources toward Iraq.

but...but...but....

BooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooSSShhhhhhhh!!!!!11111!!!!111
Ah, yes.....someone with a military-background!!!

bush_serving_beer.jpg

I don't have anything against beer...but I do have a problem with him being covered indoors. You do that in a sailor's bar and you just bought everyone the next round. (Of course, frat boy could afford to do just that)

This is the part you should highlight:

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him"

And he did. Something Republicans could NEVER do.

Oops

'nuff said!

I don't have anything against beer...but I do have a problem with him being covered indoors. You do that in a sailor's bar and you just bought everyone the next round. (Of course, frat boy could afford to do just that)

LOL. I think that photo just may be a bit doctored. :beer:

This one is "doctored":

26088d1223663480-random-picture-thread-bush-funny-photos-020-drag.jpg

This one is "not". Bush is the Beauty in the middle:

george_bush_male_chearleader_in_drag.jpg

This is the part you should highlight:

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him"

And he did. Something Republicans could NEVER do.

Oops

'nuff said!

so no republicans were involved in killing osama bin hiden?

Forum List

Back