Flashback 1985: Gov’t Scientists Predicted NYC Would Resemble Daytona Beach

No lie. The prediction was freezing due to a hole in the ozone layer over the antarctic.

If you start a claim with "no lie", it's probably a good idea not to immediately follow with a lie, like you just did.

There was no predicting of freezing due to the ozone hole. That's bullshit on your part. The prediction was increased UV radiation. That prediction was 100% correct.

Hairspray had to switch to primed pump dispensers because fluorocarbons were banned. I was there when it happened.

And the gradual banning of CFCs did save the ozone layer. The climate scientists saved a lot of people from skin cancer. Thanks for reminding everyone of my point, which is that climate scientists have credibility because they've been so consistently correct about everything.

Then in the 1980's, the popular acid rain warnings

Popular?

I understand how your political cult tries to make science a popularity contest, but you need to learn that scientists don't think like you.

It was pointed out that sulfur emissions from smokestacks were turning lakes acidic downwind. A solution was proposed, and the problem was fixed. Another case of climate scientists saving the day, another reason they have so much credibility.

were dwarfed by the propagated new fad, global warming.

So more science proven to be 100% correct.

I had an EPA scientist as a roommate back then. He was on ABC news scaring the shit out of people with his dire warnings but he owned three cars which all predated pollution control standards. I learned a lot about science and its politics those days.

Was he the one who told you we'd all freeze because of the ozone hole?

Given how demonstrably wrong you've been about everything, you're not believable.
CFC release has been debunked for over 20 years. even in the early 90's they figured out that the solar cycle is what controlled the Ozone in the polar regions. The left wing is the only people continuing to state this because of their agenda lie which they must continue to support.

Yes, there was an ozone hole reported. That's because there was an ozone hole, one that was not present in the 1956 measurements. There's still an ozone hole, which peaked in size around 2006, but it's turned the corner and is beginning to shrink, thanks to the gradual CFC phaseouts.

You are aware that the last fifty years or so the Ozone layer was extremely thick above the equator? Now that the energetics of the sun have waned that same Ozone is returning to the poles and thinning above the equator... This crap your spewing was debunked 20 years ago.. Your lack of technical understanding in atmospheric physics is stunning..

Last edited:
Billy, your nonsense isn't worth the mental effort of trying to figure out what all the babbling means. It always ends up just being more of your cult's whackaloon fantasy physics, so there's no point in wasting time on it.

Now, I'd like to see what jc is trying to get at. Since he's still speaking recognizable English, I'll answer him.

And what was going to happen to us as a result of that hole?

If nothing was done, significant ozone thinning would have eventually extended into the temperate regions, resulting in large increases in UV radiation levels to large populations of people.

Since something was done, that didn't happen. We only got minor ozone thinning.

Again, whatever point you're trying to make, just make it. I shouldn't have to refresh you on the basic science. You said "just one question", I've answered two, so state your point already.

Billy, your nonsense isn't worth the mental effort of trying to figure out what all the babbling means. It always ends up just being more of your cult's whackaloon fantasy physics, so there's no point in wasting time on it.

Now, I'd like to see what jc is trying to get at. Since he's still speaking recognizable English, I'll answer him.

If nothing was done, significant ozone thinning would have eventually extended into the temperate regions, resulting in large increases in UV radiation levels to large populations of people.

Again, whatever point you're trying to make, just make it. I shouldn't have to refresh you on the basic science. You said "just one question", I've answered two, so state your point already.

Still waiting for that # sweets!!!!:2up:

How many degree's, in Fahrenheit please...........has the temperature risen since 1998??

Can you handle that one dear???:eusa_dance:

Yes, there was an ozone hole reported. That's because there was an ozone hole, one that was not present in the 1956 measurements. There's still an ozone hole, which peaked in size around 2006, but it's turned the corner and is beginning to shrink, thanks to the gradual CFC phaseouts.
Nothing. It has always been there and always will be. And there is no reduction in cow farts that will change that.

Nothing. It has always been there and always will be. And there is no reduction in cow farts that will change that.
Wheee....................... Gotta love the ignoramouses that make stupid statements that are totally opposite what has been known for the last 30 years.

Whatever Happened to the Ozone Hole

What would the 1980s have been without big hair and ice-cold wine coolers?

Luckily no one had to find out: Key substitutions in hairsprays and refrigerants allowed such products to exist without chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which were found to be ripping a huge "hole" in Earth's protective ozone layer.

Today the ozone hole, which was first spotted 25 years ago, appears headed for a happy ending, thanks to unprecedented international action.

Press Release The 1995 Nobel Prize in Chemistry

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1995
Paul J. Crutzen, Mario J. Molina, F. Sherwood Rowland

Agreed whee gotta love the idiots who don't believe the hole in the Ozone layer has always existed.

Show us evidence that it always existed. That ought to include an explanation as to why data showed no hole in 1956.

How many degree's, in Fahrenheit please...........has the temperature risen since 1998??
Of course the history of global warming has been a series of declining temperatures. What's your point?

Escalator500.gif

Still waiting for that # sweets!!!!

Can you handle that one dear???

About +.13F

Now, will you explain why you cherrypicked 1998?

Oh, that's right. Your cult nonsense falls apart if you don't. Being you're such a limpwrister, you won't admit that you're lying by cherrypicking.

Now, run along and apply some more hair product. I know that always comforts you.

Oh, please stop hitting on me. I keep telling you I don't swing that way. It's kind of creepy to have a gay guy stalking me.

Last edited:

Mantooth, if the ozone hole was in the Arctic then how would there be any increase in ultraviolet rays when the sun is not prevalent there? And, if there was a hole, that would mean there is no atmosphere to hold heat in for your claim so that would mean it would go straight into space which would mean colder temperatures that is the only conclusion one can draw.

Can't have it both ways buddy gal it

Mantooth,

Pisschugger, lose the namecalling. I return the respect I get.

if the ozone hole was in the Arctic then how would there be any increase in ultraviolet rays when the sun is not prevalent there?

There wouldn't. What does that have to do with anything?

The point is that the ozone hole would be spreading into temperate regions, and the overall ozone thinning would even be there in the summer, as the mid-latitude ozone spread out to refill the hole.

And, if there was a hole, that would mean there is no atmosphere to hold heat in

You're stating that an ozone hole means the entire atmosphere is gone. Wow, that's dumb. I am left speechless by the sheer magnitude of your stupid.

for your claim so that would mean it would go straight into space which would mean colder temperatures that is the only conclusion one can draw.

Can't have it both ways buddy gal it

So now you're just making crazy shit up about me. Got it.

You're a barking loon, you know. No wonder you signed on with Billy and the SkyDragonSlayers. Even the other deniers think you're a pack of kooks, that's how far gone into lalaland you are.

+.13 degree's!!!!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::spinner:

:2up::2up:w0w:2up::2up:

The AGW climate crusaders are about throw themselves off a cliff over a degree or two!!:desk::desk::desk:

Not that I give a shit but this BS about the race to energy circa 1850 is crap. You guys want to live like Ben Franklin, knock yourselves out........start building your emergency arks, but we're not funding them! We're quite happy with our oil fired furnaces, coal fired electricity and non-ghey 2 door Speck EV's. We like our cell phones too..........your plan would have us using wooden cell phones - more ghey. I live my fireplace too by the way..........you fruitcakes would take it away tomorrow if you could.

Human racists suck.

Find a different way to deal with your issues.:fu:

Wheee....................... Gotta love the ignoramouses that make stupid statements that are totally opposite what has been known for the last 30 years.

Whatever Happened to the Ozone Hole

What would the 1980s have been without big hair and ice-cold wine coolers?

Luckily no one had to find out: Key substitutions in hairsprays and refrigerants allowed such products to exist without chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which were found to be ripping a huge "hole" in Earth's protective ozone layer.

Today the ozone hole, which was first spotted 25 years ago, appears headed for a happy ending, thanks to unprecedented international action.

Press Release The 1995 Nobel Prize in Chemistry

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1995
Paul J. Crutzen, Mario J. Molina, F. Sherwood Rowland

And despite the UN flag Raising the paper has been shown invalid and the location of the missing O-Zone was found... Transient in our atmosphere driven by solar output.

Forum List

Back