Flash security issues

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
Malware hunters have spotted a previously unknown — and unpatched — Adobe Flash vulnerability being exploited in the wild.

The zero-day flaw has been added to the Chinese version of the MPack exploit kit and there are signs that the exploits are being injected into third-party sites to redirect targets to malware-laden servers.

Technical details on the vulnerability are not yet available. Adobe’s product security incident response team is investigating.

There's more at the link - http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1189&tag=nl.e589

I'm not sure if it helps but Firefox (I'm running 3.0b5) has an add-on which blocks Flash unless you click on an icon to activate it.

so what is the issue? why would anyone want to block flash content? is this a non issue for 99.9% of web users?

Some sites are too flash-heavy and if you have a slow connection or a slower, older computer, the overload of flash can really slow your computer down. And sometimes it's nice not have to put up with ads all over the place.

Some sites are too flash-heavy and if you have a slow connection or a slower, older computer, the overload of flash can really slow your computer down. And sometimes it's nice not have to put up with ads all over the place.

some flash files are too heavy. I've been on sites that know how to use flash.

ADS?
FLASH ADS CAN AND ARE JUST ADS THAT BE SCRIPTED TO USE ANY VARIETY OF TECHS TO DELIVER CONTENT.

any developer that does not know how to put an ad up that sniffs your settings deserves to beaten half to death. they are stealing from clients and giving flash a bad name in the process.

want to see slow? go to boston.com message boards. no flash there.,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back