Flash: Reagan Committed Treason against the United States and Republicans didn't care

Even if your supposition is true that he broke the law, it was not treason, do you even know what the Constitution defines as Treason?

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Iran was an enemy.

Reagan secretly sold arms to Iran.

Treason.

Blood simple.

:cool:

And the sad truth is that even with that most republicans still consider Reagan one of the best presidents of all time.
One of the best Republican presidents perhaps....

Was he ever charged with or convicted of treason? If not your claim is bull shit unless of course you subscribe to the guilty till proven innocent legal system.

So if someone is not charged and convicted of treason, they could not possibly have committed it if they were republican?

That's what you're saying right? I want to make this clear.

let me answer your question with a question a Republican could have committed treason without ever being charged with or convicted of treason that is what your contending? And if that is what your saying then of course a Democrat can be held to the same standard right? Just for the record given how serious the charge of treason is don't you think someone should actually be charged with it before you accuse them of it no matter what party they belong to only a moron would do otherwise in my opinion.

Even if your supposition is true that he broke the law, it was not treason, do you even know what the Constitution defines as Treason?

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Iran was an enemy.

Treason.

Blood simple.

Could you link to the declaration of War? The resolution authorizing force? A Congressional act that passed both Houses and was signed by the Presidnet declaring Iran an enemy?

You are beyond stupid. Liberal must mean ignorant.

Was he ever charged with or convicted of treason? If not your claim is bull shit unless of course you subscribe to the guilty till proven innocent legal system.

So if someone is not charged and convicted of treason, they could not possibly have committed it if they were republican?

That's what you're saying right? I want to make this clear.

let me answer your question with a question a Republican could have committed treason without ever being charged with or convicted of treason that is what your contending? And if that is what your saying then of course a Democrat can be held to the same standard right? Just for the record given how serious the charge of treason is don't you think someone should actually be charged with it before you accuse them of it no matter what party they belong to only a moron would do otherwise in my opinion.

Then explain, dear friend, why one would hold only democrats or liberals guilty without charge or conviction of treason? Or is just being a partisan jackass that most people suffer from?

I think Men like George Washington are a better role model for the Republican party than Reagan.

-Reagan grew our debt
-Reagan granted Amnesty
-Reagan had the second largest recession since the depression(only bettered by the one under Obama)

Washington wasn't perfect but we're a nation of presidents because of him.

I like the fact that the democrats will never have a president more accomplished and beloved than Reagan. Whos the best they've got? JFK? Pff. He's a chump compared to Reagan.

Reagan is behind FDR, JFK, Clinton and maybe Obama.

I'd say Clinton was the best democrat president of the 20th century. He was because he wasn't a communist(NO huge advancement of Marxism like FDR, LBJ, CARTER) in policy and had a good economy. Followed by JFK.

Clinton was a good president simply because he was a moderate that put country over left or right.

Iran was an enemy.

Treason.

Blood simple.

They were an enemy by policy, congress had not made a declaration of war, so his actions would not rise to the level of treason.

He may have ignored a law or two but if your going to hold that against him, where's your outrage on your dear leader doing the same. Hypocrite.

any ever care to look at the American deaths at US Embassy under Regean, Bush I and Clinton? a lot more than 4, I can tell you that much.

If the GOP had held the Iraq war to the same flame they are fanning with Libya, they might be be taken seriously. Right now, they all look like political hacks who have an agenda to grind. Its that simple folks.

Forum List

Back