FLASH: NASA says sea level rise slowing!!!

Unanticipated outcomes time after time, yet still POSITIVE about global warming...

:cuckoo:

That's IT???
How much more do you want NASA data denigrated? I mean that's a matter of faith with you boys isn't it? No one can rely on NASA data for anything! It's all political and the books have been cooked.

You boys are forgetting your lines.

NASA has done a fine job of denigrating itself. This comes from a guy who worked at NASA HQ at Kennedy Space Center for awhile.. They've grabbed headlines with exaggerated claims of warmest this and that and then issued "clarifications" (RETRACTIONS) a week later when no one was looking. They've changed their ocean surface methodology from satellites and state of the art weather buoys back to "ship intake temperatures".. ANYTHING to boost the justification for more rapid temperature rise.

But I surprised you have nothing to say about NASA suddenly discovering that the small rise rate of sea level (which isn't really "new water" for the most part) is greatly affected by ............................ rain...

From the perspective of a scientist -- I personally think this is a ROFLing moment. Maybe you don't get the humor because you really don't understand the debate. You know that debate that's not supposed to be happening because "the science is so settled".. ???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Let's get back this desperate act to cover the fact that the sea level rise AINT accelerating like the models told us. And the herd is still panicked about drawings showing NYC buildings 5 floors underwater..

Let me explain to you the difference between "past tense" and "future tense".

The paper was talking about past tense, that sea level rise would have been even bigger if it wasn't for the larger than expected land storage.

Yet oddly, you're pretending the paper is talking about future tense, and is predicting slower sea level rises in the future, even though the paper plainly says nothing of the sort.

This gain partially offset water losses from ice sheets, glaciers, and groundwater pumping, slowing the rate of sea level rise by 0.71 ± 0.20 millimeters per year.

Yep. Past tense. It's saying that without the land storage, sea level rise would have been 4.0 mm/year instead of 3.3 mm/year.

Realize this for what it is -- AN EXCUSE for failure of the predictions. The rates of rise are not cooperating with the models.

Don't be silly. The models have matched reality quite well, and if anything, have underestimated rise.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7535/full/nature14093.html

So personally, I don't care what is "measured". Mostly because most of that isn't "new water" but temperature expansion and geo fudge factors.

The coastlines, however, do care.

What I care about is the THEORY FAILING to substantiate the fear and the hype of drowning most of the East/West coasts with greatly ACCELERATED rates of sea level rise. They didn't see this coming? The fact that water cycle stats SWAMPED actual "new water" into the oceans?

You've been assuming scientists never looked at land storage at all before, since that assumption fits in with your "Those egghead scientists don't know 'nuffin!" conspiratorial thinking. However, that's only your problem, being that the scientists have always considered land storage.

Actually Squidward --- I KNOW that scientists have not been able to attempt to accurately measure and survey on a GRAND SCALE --- the land water storage before they got that GRACE satellite. It's a new toy and they're determined to misuse it..

There isn't a sea level LEFT from the 80 or 90s that doesn't look comical today. Don't care what folks projected yesterday.

Dammit, now I ant resell my new oceanfront properties in Orlando Florida. Never mind, I can still compensate by buying some more carbon tax bonds.

Actually Squidward --- I KNOW that scientists have not been able to attempt to accurately measure and survey on a GRAND SCALE --- the land water storage before they got that GRACE satellite. It's a new toy and they're determined to misuse it..

Of course, what you KNOW and what reality says here are two entirely different things.

But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe those silly scientists never looked at land storage before, or never looked at the sun, or never examined natural cycles before, and it requires geniuses like you to save everyone by pointing it out.

And that's one way the cult sucks 'em in to denialism, by massaging the egos of the marks, telling them what superior thinkers they are.

But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe those silly scientists never looked at land storage before, or never looked at the sun, or never examined natural cycles before, and it requires geniuses like you to save everyone by pointing it out.

Of course they have looked at them. In this particular case they have looked at ground water numerous times. And given numerous conclusions. The latest study says ground water retention has slowed SLR. Previous studies have stated it exacerbated SLR.

Simply pointing out that the science doesn't seem to be settled sends you into your usual rant about deniers and conspiracy theories.

Istvan pointed out that this latest study seems to be stating that a large amount of this excess ground water seems to be measured in areas that are already saturated, like the Amazon basin. GRACE results amazingly appear to be compliant with any scenario, any time.

Of course, what you KNOW and what reality says here are two entirely different things.

And that's one way the cult sucks 'em in to denialism, by massaging the egos of the marks, telling them what superior thinkers they are.

Skeptics couldn't give a shit about superior thinking.........we leave that to progressives who are clearly smarter.

We only care about who is winning.

Thirty years of superior thinking has yielded exactly what?:dunno:

Zero

Nobody cares about the science and renewable energy is still in a state of deep fringe!!:bye1::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Should I post up some graphs of the current state of renewables or perhaps it might even be more laughable to post up the projection graphs out to 2040 ( including the Obama EIA graph !!:funnyface: )

But the skeptics are the "cult"??!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh PS......if the superior intellect people can post up anything showing us where and how they are winning, please.....we would love to see it!!!

Oh................ummm......links please on that!!!!:up:

Last edited:
Dammit, now I ant resell my new oceanfront properties in Orlando Florida. Never mind, I can still compensate by buying some more carbon tax bonds.

Just don't move to the Netherlands or N'Orleans just yet. It could still get dicey... Since those places are technically several feet underwater today..
Very interesting. In this case, can we do something like an insurance swap deal like a credit default swap deal, sell it off, then quickly blow up those water barriers again?

"What, me worry"? I live at 6700 ft of elevation. And we have no need of "Coasties" here.

Ten years ago Al Gore said that New York City would be under water and abandoned. Idiot leftie hypocrites bought it because they have been taught by radical leftie educators for decades to hate American "decadence" while ironically enjoying American decadence. Every prediction the warmers made ten or fifteen years ago is laughable. Now we have wind turbines that kill an incredible number of migratory birds and produce negligible energy and acres of hot solar panels that produce practically nothing but eyesore on the landscape. Coal mines are shut down and people are out of work. Maybe that's what the left wanted all along.

Just don't move to the Netherlands or N'Orleans just yet. It could still get dicey... Since those places are technically several feet underwater today..
Very interesting. In this case, can we do something like an insurance swap deal like a credit default swap deal, sell it off, then quickly blow up those water barriers again?

Nawww.. Just get the UN to reimburse you for any property value decrease or insurance premium increase, or just the "pain and suffering" from their scary future predictions..

"What, me worry"? I live at 6700 ft of elevation. And we have no need of "Coasties" here.

Global Warning is gonna get you one way or another. You know the borer beetles are gonna eat your forest because they are 1deg warmer. And increasingly violent forest fires are gonna ravage your property. And if THAT doesn't get you at 6700ft -- they will send in the Polar Vortex and FREEZE your ass out of there.

Global Warning is gonna get you one way or another. You know the borer beetles are gonna eat your forest because they are 1deg warmer. And increasingly violent forest fires are gonna ravage your property. And if THAT doesn't get you at 6700ft -- they will send in the Polar Vortex and FREEZE your ass out of there.

You forgot to say Climate change when referring to colder. Remember they get confused when their mantras aren't kept straight.

We had that freeze last week along with 2 feet of snow. It is a good thing that snow on the roof acts as a cold barrier, oop's not supposed to say that. Sorry, my bad.

Those beetles have been eating for a while now. We had a herd walk through town last year the size of calves. The Pike National Forrest burned four years ago with the Black Forrest burning three years ago. You're predictions have been astounding. Whats next, Syrians or a little ice age for the next 200 years? Have a nice day as there is not much we can do if the sun turns down the heat.

We had that freeze last week along with 2 feet of snow. It is a good thing that snow on the roof acts as a cold barrier, oop's not supposed to say that. Sorry, my bad.

Actually -- snow and ice shorts circuits the entire GreenHouse effect. In that the blackbody IR radiation of the Earth is completely cut-off by a couple millimeters of snow/ice. All that ground/sea "stored heat" is not gonna radiate any photons into the atmos.

Those beetles have been eating for a while now. We had a herd walk through town last year the size of calves. The Pike National Forrest burned four years ago with the Black Forrest burning three years ago. You're predictions have been astounding. Whats next, Syrians or a little ice age for the next 200 years? Have a nice day as there is not much we can do if the sun turns down the heat.

Beetles were looking for someplace cooler to live. Refugees of the huge 1deg change in their enviro. EVERYTHING get bigger in warmer climates. They will make a believer of you ----- or else..

Beetles were looking for someplace cooler to live. Refugees of the huge 1deg change in their enviro. EVERYTHING get bigger in warmer climates. They will make a believer of you ----- or else..

Hopefully they have been slowed down some by all of the culling of trees, and of course the wildfires kinda put a crimp in their routine. Ain't Ma Nature amazing? No matter what happens she has a tendency to have an answer up her sleeve. And if we are foolish enough to think we can circumvent her, she brings billions of years of experience for us to stumble on. Have a wonderful day. It has been a while since I have seen much humor on USMB. Cheers!

Forum List

Back