Flash Flood Tragedy in Arkansas

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Most of you have probably seen this in the national news. I've been to this campground a few times. I didn't know any of the victims. Many have not been and may never be found. Terrible.

Flash Flood Sweeps Campground; Dozens Missing : NPR

At least 16 people were killed Friday when flash floods crashed through a campground in southwestern Arkansas. Dozens more are missing and feared dead.

Authorities discover another body near Albert Pike Campground, bringing the number of dead to 18 - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Victims identified in Albert Pike Campground, Arkansas flash flood - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Those killed include:
Kinsley Basinger, 6, Gloster, La.
Shane Basinger, 34, Gloster, La.
Leslie Jazz, 23, Foreman, Ark.
Gayble Y. Moss, 7, Texarkana, Texas
Debbie Roader, 52, Luling, La.
Bruce Roeder, 51, Luling, La.
Kay Roeder, 69, Luling, La.
Eric Schultz, 38, Nash, Texas
Nic Shumake, 7, DeKalb, Texas
Robert Lee Shumake, 68, DeKalb, Texas
Anthony Smith, 30, Gloster, La.
Joey Smith, 5, Gloster, La.
Katelynn Smith, 2, Gloster, La.
Kylee Sullivan, 6, Texarkana, Texas
Sherry Wade, 23, New Boston, Texas

Arkansas flooding: Survivors speak out - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Most of you have probably seen this in the national news. I've been to this campground a few times. I didn't know any of the victims. Many have not been and may never be found. Terrible.

Flash Flood Sweeps Campground; Dozens Missing : NPR

At least 16 people were killed Friday when flash floods crashed through a campground in southwestern Arkansas. Dozens more are missing and feared dead.

Authorities discover another body near Albert Pike Campground, bringing the number of dead to 18 - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Victims identified in Albert Pike Campground, Arkansas flash flood - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Those killed include:
Kinsley Basinger, 6, Gloster, La.
Shane Basinger, 34, Gloster, La.
Leslie Jazz, 23, Foreman, Ark.
Gayble Y. Moss, 7, Texarkana, Texas
Debbie Roader, 52, Luling, La.
Bruce Roeder, 51, Luling, La.
Kay Roeder, 69, Luling, La.
Eric Schultz, 38, Nash, Texas
Nic Shumake, 7, DeKalb, Texas
Robert Lee Shumake, 68, DeKalb, Texas
Anthony Smith, 30, Gloster, La.
Joey Smith, 5, Gloster, La.
Katelynn Smith, 2, Gloster, La.
Kylee Sullivan, 6, Texarkana, Texas
Sherry Wade, 23, New Boston, Texas

Arkansas flooding: Survivors speak out - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Horrible stuff---flash floods pop up faster than tornandos

I've been to that campground a few times.... I've woke up a few times because my tent was suddenly full of water, Flash floods are dangerous.

I've been to that campground a few times.... I've woke up a few times because my tent was suddenly full of water, Flash floods are dangerous.

I damn near drowned in one in Hawaii of all places----nasty stuff especially at night

This is awful news xsited1, and I did think of you when I saw it, since I knew you lived in Arkansas.

Prayers to the familes.

This is awful news xsited1, and I did think of you when I saw it, since I knew you lived in Arkansas.

Prayers to the familes.

Thank you. The Ouachita National Forest is beautiful, especially this time of year. I'm surprised the water levels increased so fast.

996-ARKANSAS_FLASH_FLOOD.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

That is really terrible. Look at all the children who were killed. What a sad occurrence.

The river rose about 8 feet in less than five minutes. They didn't have a chance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCzlQ9hqUpM]YouTube - Arkansas Flood Aftermath - Raw Video of Flood Damage[/ame]

Very sad. Looking at the names, it's clear that a few families have been hit very hard. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Forum List

Back