Flake & Corker - Rejected RINOs Bite the Dust

Both will be in office for the next 15 months.

Both spoke the truth about Captain Bone Spur.

Only fucking dumbasses think protectionism will work. Only fuckling idiots think that it makes sense to alienate billions of customers to try to get 320 million.

The fact remains that Trump is a liar.
Alienate billions of customers ? What the hell does that mean ?

You're on record as being glued to the past, while oblivious to the conditions of the present.

Your post might have been cool in 1985.
Wow, you really aren't too swift.

Trump threatens to impose import duties to protect US manufacturers.

I guess a Trump asskisser would be too stupid to think other countries would retaliate & imposer import duties on US goods.

The end result, Trump will help the US manufacturers gain the US market at the expense of the export markets. I'll assume you know the rest of the world has a pile more people than the US.

True enough but the reason they're Made in China is because they make them cheaper than we do here. We'd have to pay more for that item if it was made here. We'd be taxing ourselves to subsidize that US worker and our standard of living would decline. Some of us still think capitalism is the bringer of wealth and protectionism is the opposite of capitalism.
FALSE! The firm cannot raise its price above the market price (the current price).. To do so reduces SALES$$ such that profits are reduced. No can do. I taught this for years in my Microeconomics class at CCNY. Now you get the benefit

What do you think the price is ? Or where it comes from ? Somebody's lucky number ?

If an item could have a price increase, without reducing sales/income/profit, the item would have ALREADY been priced at that level. This is the bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income..

You really do not understand economics. If the price of making something is above what they can sell it for then they will not sell it. You cannot sell at a loss and stay in business. You have to take the bell curve and add a break even point. If the position on the bell curve is below that break even point then it will not be made.

Comedy in the US Senate. Two of President Trump's fiercest critics, Jeff Flake (AZ) and Bob Corker (TN),have been saying they've had it with Pesident Trump. They loudly condemn his immigration policy (of enforcing the law), and relentlessly lambast his personality (New York brash-direct-honesty). They say they can't work with the president, and are laughably using that as a red-herring "reason" for their retirement.

Trump repsonded to these Senators by saying the real reason they're quitting, is because they have no chance for re-election. It's a no-brainer. These 2 clowns have approval rating %s in the teens. Rather than be fired by the voters in their states, these RINOs (who support Obama/Hillary policies of illegal immigration and globalism), are quitting.

Flake recently wrote a book called Conscience of a Conservative. In it, and speaking to reporters, he referred to Globalism (AKA free trade) and pro-immigration as "conservative policies", Huh ?,while fully rejecting the protectionism that put Trump in the White House.

Wow! Is Flake really that flakey that he doesn't know these are prime policies (immigration & globalism) of the looney left, Obama and Hillary Clinton in particular ? No wonder these oddballs have been rejected by their states' voters.

Trump got elected by tapping into the massive anti-immigration and anti-globalist sentiments of Republicans nationwide. Corker and Flake have opposed this nationalism, very popular among Repubicans, and they're now paying the price for that. We could feel sorry for these 2 sore losers as they exit, if only they did it in a dignified way, but they don't, as they pretend there's something wrong with Trump an his policies, when actually it is THEIR rejected policies that sunk them.

That was a good piece of bad fiction. There was no evidence that Corker was in any trouble.

There is no such thing as globalism. It is a invention if far right looney tunes who want to scare people. Free trade is good for America. Mark Levin went over it on his show earlier this week. In nearly every state, a significant portion of a state's GDP comes from trade. Flake is also more in tune with voters than you are on immigration. The last Fox poll showed that 80% of voters support DACA and a path to citizenship for illegals. This shows

Trump got elected because he was not Clinton. Your nationalism is a metaphor for hate. The same type of hate that Hitler used in his rise to power. In Hitler's case it was Jews. In this case it is anyone other than white males. Their policies have not been rejected by Democrats and independents. If Republicans think they can win by appealing to 30% of voters then you are in for a big shock.
‘’Path to citizenship’’ = amnesty
The only thing worse than nationalism is globalism.
There would be no trump if there was no obama, people don’t like being forced to eat a shit sandwich

If there were no Clinton there would be no Trump. If the nominee had been Biden or even Sanders Trump would have been clobbered. 25% of Trump's support was a vote against Clinton and that is all. The only shit sandwich that is being served is from you.

You really do not understand economics. If the price of making something is above what they can sell it for then they will not sell it. You cannot sell at a loss and stay in business. You have to take the bell curve and add a break even point. If the position on the bell curve is below that break even point then it will not be made.
Maybe in an ideal world this is true, but in the real world products are often sold below cost. A loss-leader is a product sold at a loss to attract customers. If you have other products to accessorize the loss-leader it makes sense. Also you might want to eliminate competition with a goal of then to raise prices once you have a monopoly:

China’s hold over the international steel market is pretty clear. It produces half the world’s steel and in 2015, finished imports from China to the EU were up 140% on 2013. Imports now account for a quarter of the EU market, and at the same time, prices for a range of major EU product classes have collapsed.

This trend, replicated to differing degrees worldwide, has led to accusations in the US and elsewhere that China is selling its steel at a loss, or more accurately in this case, keeping costs artificially low so that other producers cannot compete, in a practice widely known as “dumping”.

Maybe in an ideal world this is true, but in the real world products are often sold below cost. A loss-leader is a product sold at a loss to attract customers. If you have other products to accessorize the loss-leader it makes sense. Also you might want to eliminate competition with a goal of then to raise prices once you have a monopoly:

China’s hold over the international steel market is pretty clear. It produces half the world’s steel and in 2015, finished imports from China to the EU were up 140% on 2013. Imports now account for a quarter of the EU market, and at the same time, prices for a range of major EU product classes have collapsed.

This trend, replicated to differing degrees worldwide, has led to accusations in the US and elsewhere that China is selling its steel at a loss, or more accurately in this case, keeping costs artificially low so that other producers cannot compete, in a practice widely known as “dumping”.

You are largely talking about retailers. Manufacturers cannot do that. We are talking about American manufacturers not foreign. We also protect various producers of goods as well Don't pretend the rest of the world does this and we do not.

You are largely talking about retailers. Manufacturers cannot do that. We are talking about American manufacturers not foreign. We also protect various producers of goods as well Don't pretend the rest of the world does this and we do not.
Manufacturers can and do. Foreign firms dump and use loss-leaders and US firms dump and use loss-leaders. They just have to see it to be in their long-term interests. All governments get prodded to protect domestic markets. It is something that should be temporary but never seems to be.

Although I've never taken a Microeconomics class nor ever heard of the word SALES$$ I think I do understand the market and my understanding is that when tariffs raise the cost of imports the market price rises.
As I just taught you, tariffs DON"T raise the price of import. Neither does anything else. Why would you raise a price when that cause you to LOSE money ? Go back and read my prior posts (10 times if necessary - until it sinks in)

Although I've never taken a Microeconomics class nor ever heard of the word SALES$$ I think I do understand the market and my understanding is that when tariffs raise the cost of imports the market price rises.
As I just taught you, tariffs DON"T raise the price of import. Neither does anything else. Why would you raise a price when that cause you to LOSE money ? Go back and read my prior posts (10 times if necessary - until it sinks in)
I can find nothing that agrees that tariffs DON"T raise the price of goods. If you can back up your assertion I'm anxious to see. Three examples:

A 45 percent tariff on Chinese-made goods could drive up U.S. retail prices on those goods by an average of about 10 percent, Capital Economics has calculated. Consumers would find it hard to escape the price squeeze.

The benefits of tariffs are uneven. Because a tariff is a tax, the government will see increased revenue as imports enter the domestic market. Domestic industries also benefit from a reduction in competition, since import prices are artificially inflated. Unfortunately for consumers - both individual consumers and businesses - higher import prices mean higher prices for goods. If the price of steel is inflated due to tariffs, individual consumers pay more for products using steel, and businesses pay more for steel that they use to make goods. In short, tariffs and trade barriers tend to be pro-producer and anti-consumer.

Let us start right from the beginning: a tariff is a tax levied just on imports. But it will result in consumers paying more...

You are right wing kook of long standing. I haven't heard of the Trilateral Commission and the CFR in decades. No wonder everyone is liberal to you. You are so far in right field you are in the parking lot.

I am a conservative and you are a right wing looney tune. Ronald Reagan was a free trader as well because he saw the effects of protectionism. It was something called a depression. You are the enemy of America. You subscribe to jobs that are dying due to automation instead of retraining people for the new jobs.

The definition of a nation has never applied to the US. The US has always been a melting pot. It has been made up of different cultures blended together. To say a culture should never change is arrogance.

You were the one who talked about tar and feathering people. That is hardly a hello and how are you doing. Technology is at a level we have never seen. Jobs will be lost but new jobs will be opened up. Workers are ill-prepared for these jobs. We are a nation of immigrants. Someone in your family was a immigrant. Why shouldn't others do what your family did.

So now I'm looney tune, huh ? HA HA HA You really shouldn't shoot your mouth off on what you obviously have no clue. Listen rookie, I've been in this forum for years and have authored hundreds of OPS, thousands of posts, and am well known as one of the most far right posters in the forum, with 4 times as many thanks to my posts as you have.

The difference is (and you can look them up) my thinks come from the conservatives in this forum. WIth your looney pro-immigration and pro-globalist ideas, I could easily see your thanks coming from all the liberals, who support that garbage. Did you campaign for Hillary Clinton ? Or Obama before that ? They both subscribe to you anti-American, leftist trash. If you weren't so green as grass here, you'd know that next to me, you look like Nancy Pelosi. YOU are the liberal kook.

Note how you harken back to Ronald Reagan and the 1980s. As I already taught you, globalism was an accepted thing among conservative THEN, when we didn't have the massive amount of outsourcing that we have now. But now, with all that American business gone to China, Mexico, etc. we're in a different economics.

Now, among conservatives, outsourcing is BAD, both the international and the domestic (immigration) versions. That's why Republicans selected Donald Trump out of a field of 16 Republican candidates, and why he beat the globalist/immigrationist Hillary Clinton. A fourth grader could explain this.

The definition of a NATION applies to ALL nations. We have a distinct language (American English) and a distinct culture. When foreigners came here , yes they were a melting pot. That means they blended in to the American culture, rather than retained their previous culture. They learned English. Listened to and played rock n, roll, bluegrass, blues, jazz, watched American TV shows, etc. You speaking for multiculturalism is another evidence of your liberalism, while you laughably go around posing as a conservative.

The reason why others shouldn't do what my family did almost 90 years ago, is because our nation is waaaay too overpopulated, and the only immigrants we should be accepting now, are those FEW bringing large amounts of CAPITAL to open businesses and create jobs (for AMERICANS), and those bringing rare skills that we covet (ex. great scientist, great violinist, etc)

You show that you are a Trump partisan. He does the same thing everyone else does and that is okay with you. The fact is that qualified Americans have applied and been turned down. Trump also uses H2B visas for his resort. He has never proven that foreign workers were needed as there is no proof he has even tried to find Americans to fill the jobs. The programs should be reformed however Trump's businesses should be held accountable as well.

The trouble with your assertions on Trump's poll numbers is everybody is showing the same thing. Trump has low poll numbers, DACA is popular and voters support a path to citizenship for illegals. The questions asked in the polls are publicly available. NumbersUSA is using push polling to get the numbers they want.
FALSE. FALSE. FALSE. :biggrin:

No, Trump has NOT done the same as everyone else. Other foreign visa employers bring in people for the purpose of boosting their profits, by paying low wages. With Trump it is a Florida seasonal problem. Two different things entirely (as I already explained)

Trump needed foreign workers because Americans just don't want seasonal jobs. HERE's some proof (this was posted here over a year ago, but you're a know nothing rookie, so you have to have everything explained to you that everyone else knows)

The New York Times article >>

"For anyone not hired, the employer must tell the Labor Department why. Among the reasons Mar-a-Lago gave: that the applicants could not be reached or were not qualified, as Mr. Trump suggested in his recent interview, and that they did not want the jobs.

That was the case for Austin L. Cohen of Delray Beach, who received a call from Mar-a-Lago and a tour of the 20-acre resort after sending in his résumé for a wait staff position that paid $10.60 an hour for at least 30 hours a week.

Mr. Cohen said that he ultimately chose to keep looking for a permanent job, and that he wanted benefits; the job listing did not mention any. “It was more like a temporary position,” Mr. Cohen said. “You work six months and then you’re out of work again. It was my decision not to take the job.”

Some applicants said they decided against working at Mar-a-Lago because, like some other private clubs, it discourages gratuities; its job listings say “no tips.” Local labor analysts say that private clubs often lose job candidates to restaurants where tipping is permitted."

And no, one cannot always find qualified workers (especially for seasonal work) You want to hire these guys ? >>>

upload_2017-11-1_14-4-57.jpeg
images

As for your >> "everybody is showing the same thing. Trump has low poll numbers, DACA is popular and voters support a path to citizenship for illegals." Nope. Correction > "Everybody" in the fake news, liberal media, is showing the same thing. We just laugh at that. Go to the polls and elect Donald Trump.

Wow, you really aren't too swift.

Trump threatens to impose import duties to protect US manufacturers.

I guess a Trump asskisser would be too stupid to think other countries would retaliate & imposer import duties on US goods.

The end result, Trump will help the US manufacturers gain the US market at the expense of the export markets. I'll assume you know the rest of the world has a pile more people than the US.
I'll assume you know the rest of the world does not have the MARKET that the USA has. They need us (our consumers$$$) more than we need them. Trade war ? LOL. As Pat Buchanan said. "We'd eat their lunch." No doubt about it.

You think I don't understand this ? HA HA. Of course they can't sell if the price of making something, is above what they can sell it for. And that is just what I've said. This is why they can't (and won't) raise the price. They can only price it up to the point where it starts reducing sales, and causing losses. My 18 year old college freshman students all got this, with no trouble. And you ? :biggrin:

If there were no Clinton there would be no Trump. If the nominee had been Biden or even Sanders Trump would have been clobbered. 25% of Trump's support was a vote against Clinton and that is all. The only shit sandwich that is being served is from you.
:lame2: excuse. Back to the drawing board for you. :laugh:

You'll forgive me if I don't just take your word for it. I backed up my position but I don't recall that you have, you just keep repeating the same mantra. Either you don't understand the issue or you are simply wrong. Which is it?

You'll forgive me if I don't just take your word for it. I backed up my position but I don't recall that you have, you just keep repeating the same mantra. Either you don't understand the issue or you are simply wrong. Which is it?
MY word ? How about the words of Microeconomics teachers all over the world since 3000 B.C ? The bell shaped curve of prices vs income isn't my word. It is unrefutable ,standard business economics.

You gave me nothing. As your back up, all you presented were a few guys in think thanks, partisan to outsourcing. I gave you pure Microeconomics law. You don't understand it. ?

Wow. Look, take this graph.

normal-distribution-probability.jpg

On the X axis put prices (going up from left to right)
On the Y axis, put business income (going from the origin, and rising going upward)

At thre top is the market price (what you sell at) Note that as price goes up to the right of the market price (top of the curve), income/profit start dropping. So you CAN'T raise price above your market price (not for tariffs or anything else) Got it ?

Last edited:
MY word ? How about the words of Microeconomics teachers all over the world since 3000 B.C ? The bell shaped curve of prices vs income isn't my word. It is unrefutable ,standard business economics.

You gave me nothing. As your back up, all you presented were a few guys in think thanks, partisan to outsourcing. I gave you pure Microeconomics law. You don't understand it. ?
I think we'll have to just have to agree to think each other is an ignorant fool.

I think we'll have to just have to agree to think each other is an ignorant fool.
You don't have too. You could consult with the hundreds of my ex teenage students who LEARNED what you strangely don't seem to be able to catch on to. Why ? Not my problem.

Forum List

Back