Flag controversy was more fake news!

What a joke....the msm jumped down the Presidents throat when after 2 days following McCains passing, the flag went back to full staff......

Breaking tradition, White House flags back at full-staff day after McCain death

Turns out.....the US flag code calls for 2 days at half staff which is what the White House did!!:113:

Fakery is ghey!:gay::gay::flirtysmile4:

The US Flag Code doesn't say a thing about how long a flag should be at half staff for. Here's the US flag code in its entirity.

4 U.S. Code Chapter 1 - THE FLAG

There's zero mention of 2 days at half staff for a US senator. You literally made that up.

If your claims had merit, you wouldn't have had to make up a fake US Flag Code to back them up.

What a joke....the msm jumped down the Presidents throat when after 2 days following McCains passing, the flag went back to full staff......

Turns out.....the US flag code calls for 2 days at half staff which is what the White House did!!:113:

The US Flag Code doesn't say a thing about how long a flag should be at half staff for. Here's the US flag code in its entirity.

There's zero mention of 2 days at half staff for a US senator. You literally made that up.

If your claims had merit, you wouldn't have had to make up a fake US Flag Code to back them up.

Fake on top of fake s0n...

Ghey

From link above....

US Flag Code states that flags be lowered “on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.”

@www.whosnotwinning.com

:hello77:

Ghey

From link above....

US Flag Code states that flags be lowered “on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.”

@www.whosnotwinning.com

The US code doesn't say that. Here is every subsection of the US Flag Code.

In which subsection is it? Each is usually about a paragraph. And I just looked in all 10 and found no mention of your passage.

Show us in the US Flag code itself.

Ghey

From link above....

@www.whosnotwinning.com

In which subsection is it? Each is usually about a paragraph. And I just looked in all 10 and found no mention of your passage.

Actually, Skylar, it's in section 7, position and manner of display.

From your link.....................................

The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.

But those are just the recommended minimums. The flag can be flown at half staff for longer if so declared by the president. And, yeah, Trump fulfilled the absolute bare minimum for the half staff thing, but, because of his many years of service to this country, both in the military and politics, many people feel it should be at half staff until he is buried. I second that emotion, because of his military service AND the fact that he was a sitting senator at the time of his death.

I think it was telling as to the pettiness of Trump to order it back up shortly after midnight on Monday morning.

Ghey

From link above....

@www.whosnotwinning.com

Actually, Skylar, it's in section 7, position and manner of display.

From your link.....................................

The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.

But those are just the recommended minimums. The flag can be flown at half staff for longer if so declared by the president. And, yeah, Trump fulfilled the absolute bare minimum for the half staff thing, but, because of his many years of service to this country, both in the military and politics, many people feel it should be at half staff until he is buried. I second that emotion, because of his military service AND the fact that he was a sitting senator at the time of his death.

I think it was telling as to the pettiness of Trump to order it back up shortly after midnight on Monday morning.

Thanks! I was using the passage as my search parameters and it didn't come up when I searched subsection 7. But that is indeed in the US Flag Code.

Thank you for telling about how long the flag is to be halfway down. I never knew and I wondered.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I thought that it was one full week if not three whole days.

Forum List

Back