flag burning

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
it's a pretty small step and there's no doubt it will happen before the next general election.

because it's easy to do and those political antagonists usually go for the simple alinsky 101.
maximum emotional affect.

we need to be prepared because burning the American flag will ignite some serious patriotism on all sides.

US_flag_burning.jpg

i for one will be there with an enormous industrial sized fire extinguisher filled with CO2, and that will make the global warming people insane.

not going to let it happen in my neighborhood.

Last edited:
It's done to piss people off. Why would anyone in their right mind allow a bunch of clowns to yank their chains? Stop being such easy targets.

Flag burning is political speech. Flags as fuel provide insufficient heat or light. The reason, therefore, to burn a flag is a political statement.

There are some on this board who cite the marches of neo-Nazis and white supremacists as their excerise of political speech. It will be interesting to see how many of those folks will also recognize flag burning as free speech.

Last edited:
In case nobody was looking in 1989 there was a Supreme Court decision that addressed the issue in Texas vs Johnson. Justice Brennan wrote the majority opinion that Flag burning is protected by the 1st Amendment free speech regardless of state law. It should be noted that Johnson represented a Communist organization and was represented by noted lawyer William Kuntzler.

It's done to piss people off. Why would anyone in their right mind allow a bunch of clowns to yank their chains? Stop being such easy targets.

:clap2:

Being offended takes two parties. You can't be offended without your own willing participation.

This is why I don't do fetishism. Investing in a totem is like investing in a risky stock. Feels good when it goes up but when it crashes and burns ---- not so much.

Burned one yesterday after wiping my ass with it following a nice healthy shit outdoors at the foot of a confederate memorial in the heart of dixie.

I agree, but one cannot get kicked in the face and lose their values. I wouldn't resort to violence, but for instance, I was called a KKK supporter by a British guy, because I support the United States! I've been called all sorts of names, even though I believe I am a fairly reasonable man, especially considering what I have experienced in my own country.

You have to draw a line at some place. If it is illegal to burn the flag, the police need to apply the law, if it's a disrespect to those who risk their lives for the flag, there needs to be heavy political consequences. Regardless, a far-left minority should not be allowed hold a nation hostage as a North Korea has done to the world.

I agree, but one cannot get kicked in the face and lose their values. I wouldn't resort to violence, but for instance, I was called a KKK supporter by a British guy, because I support the United States! I've been called all sorts of names, even though I believe I am a fairly reasonable man, especially considering what I have experienced in my own country.

You have to draw a line at some place. If it is illegal to burn the flag, the police need to apply the law, if it's a disrespect to those who risk their lives for the flag, there needs to be heavy political consequences. Regardless, a far-left minority should not be allowed hold a nation hostage as a North Korea has done to the world.

speaking of which (n. korea) -------the H. bomb thing has makes me feel irritable------I believe that
kim schmuck timed it to coincide with Harvey

Nothing demonstrates how great our flag is as much as the ability to burn it in protest

it's a pretty small step and there's no doubt it will happen before the next general election.

because it's easy to do and those political antagonists usually go for the simple alinsky 101.

we need to be prepared because burning the American flag will ignite some serious patriotism on all sides.

US_flag_burning.jpg

i for one will be there with an enormous industrial sized fire extinguisher filled with CO2, and that will make the global warming people insane.

Don't wrestle in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty and the pig will love it.

US_flag_burning.jpg

Don't wrestle in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty and the pig will love it.
i was talking to the pig.

napoleon_pig.jpg

US_flag_burning.jpg

i was talking to the pig.

napoleon_pig.jpg
Two legs better!

US_flag_burning.jpg

Please do not worry about overspray if you get the flag burnee.

It isn't illegal. It's considered free speech.

It's been done so often that at this point its meaningless---like protesting.

Screw the line. I'm not allowing a bunch of kids to dictate my life, my values, or my principles. The big line in the sand shit is busy work for the masses.

Forum List

Back