Fla. imam, 2 sons charged with supporting Taliban

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A Miami imam and two of his sons were arrested Saturday on federal charges they provided some $50,000 to the Pakistani Taliban, designated by the State Department as a terrorist organization, officials said.

Hafiz Muhammed Sher Ali Khan, 76, was arrested after morning services at the Miami Mosque, also known as the Flagler Mosque, where he is an imam. One of his sons, Izhar Khan, 24, an imam at the Jamaat Al-Mu'mineen Mosque in nearby Margate, Fla., was arrested after morning services there. Another son, Irfan Khan, 37, was detained at his hotel room in Los Angeles around the same time. The men are U.S. citizens. Their mosques are not suspected of wrongdoing, officials said.

The Pakistani Taliban is a wing of the terrorist group that originated in Afghanistan. It claimed responsibility for a pair of suicide bombings Friday that killed 87 people in what it said was vengeance for the killing of al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden. The group has also been linked to the Times Square car bombing in New York in May 2010.

Fla. imam, 2 sons charged with supporting Taliban - Yahoo! News

Nothing here folks. Move along. :evil:

Ha ha. Well Trajan "mongering" is a hidden talent of mine. In fact, in high school I was voted "Most Likely to Monger"

There is no shame in being fearful of a fiery death. In fact, in a recent poll, 99 perecnt of Americans said they preferred not to be blown up while visiting Times Square. I imagine the other 1 percent like the idea of meeting 72 virgins.

Forum List

Back