Fla. Congressman Reportedly Involved in 2nd Affair

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Foley's replacement has a scandal of his own. Probably wouldn't be a big deal had he not campaigned on family values.

For those that don't like Fox, CNN has this story as well.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A married congressman who faces accusations that he had an affair with a former aide and paid her to keep quiet about it also was having an affair with a second woman around the same time, a person close to his campaign told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Details of the second affair came hours after Democratic U.S. Rep. Tim Mahoney held a news conference to address a story, first reported by ABC News, that he had been involved with the former aide. Mahoney acknowledged he had caused "embarrassment and heartache" to his family but denied doing anything illegal.

Mahoney, 52, won his seat in 2006 while promising to return morals and family values to Washington in the aftermath of the resignation of former Republican U.S. Rep. Mark Foley. Foley stepped down when it was revealed he sent lurid Internet messages to male teenage pages who had worked on Capitol Hill. Foley was later cleared of criminal wrongdoing by state and federal authorities.

FOXNews.com - Fla. Congressman Reportedly Involved in 2nd Affair - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Yep! A DUmbAzz democrat who ran on "family values" my my my tsk tsk tsk. Such freaking hypocrites.

Betrayal and infidelity are family values, too...in some families.

This is the problem of using a term which has essantially no meaning like "family values".

Such content-free terms can mean whatever the hell anyone wants them to mean.

There will be no outage from Liberals. Why? Because he is a democrat. In fact I suspect they will start the same crap they did with Billy the savior and chant " it is his private life".

Yep! A DUmbAzz democrat who ran on "family values" my my my tsk tsk tsk. Such freaking hypocrites.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG you can't be serious about that? do you really want to go into how many Republicans have ran on family values only to be swept up in a sex scandal?

if there is a silver lining to be found, at least he was having affairs with women and grown women for that matter.

Republicans seem to favor underage playmates and/or men

The hing is, silence, is DEMs will defend him... all the while bashing when a REP is scummy enough to do it and dumb enough to get caught.... where as the majority of conservatives and a good amount of REPs will state that the scumbag gets what he/she deserves and should be removed or step down

The hing is, silence, is DEMs will defend him... all the while bashing when a REP is scummy enough to do it and dumb enough to get caught.... where as the majority of conservatives and a good amount of REPs will state that the scumbag gets what he/she deserves and should be removed or step down

The dems and liberals can not grasp that concept. For them any ally is good, no matter how dirty, crooked, corrupt or morally bankrupt. If they vote the liberal way, keep them around and lie your ass off to save them.

Jefferson being a prime example. The democrats HELPED reelect him even after it was obvious he was a crook. Pelosi wanted to promote him when the dems took over cause she did not like some Congressman with more seniority on a committee. She couldn't and complained about it.

There will be no outage from Liberals. Why? Because he is a democrat. In fact I suspect they will start the same crap they did with Billy the savior and chant " it is his private life".

Only in your little mind retired. You must be a closet liberal since you know so much of what they believe.

When there is outrage, you will ignore it.

Only in your little mind retired. You must be a closet liberal since you know so much of what they believe.

When there is outrage, you will ignore it.

Having watched you turds for years now, listened to your lies and antics, read your crap on boards like this and seen your illegal activities on National News. I have learned well how you criminals work.

Actually hes already been condemned by KOS.

Ouch, you really got that one wrong, eh?

this guy is a hypocrite....

What goes around, comes around....

Don't be touting ones purity if ya ain't squeeky clean!

Given that I am seldom "outraged" when politicians of any stripe get caught up in sexual picadillos, expecting me to give a rats ass about this one is asking a bit too much.

If this guy was focused on family values, then he is a hypocrite.

Othewise?

He's just a damned fool who got caught foolin around on his wife.

politicians are scumbags, I think we all know this.

What i find interesting is how the media doesn't want to talk about it.

On MSNBC the other day they were having a convo abou tit and they said, we aren't going to get into it, it's personal matters.

Yet, when the Foley incident happened all you heard everywhere was

"5 weeks before the election, does this hurt the gop"

"Just weeks before the electiona nd a republican scandal"

etc..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG you can't be serious about that? do you really want to go into how many Republicans have ran on family values only to be swept up in a sex scandal?

if there is a silver lining to be found, at least he was having affairs with women and grown women for that matter.

Republicans seem to favor underage playmates and/or men

you respond as if I would be afraid to go there. I'm not, no skin off my teeth, I just like to point out how the hypocritical left is so silent when it's a Democrat doing the nasty. That is all. DUmbazz Democrats doing the nasty. :lol:

politicians are scumbags, I think we all know this.

What i find interesting is how the media doesn't want to talk about it.

On MSNBC the other day they were having a convo abou tit and they said, we aren't going to get into it, it's personal matters.

Yet, when the Foley incident happened all you heard everywhere was

"5 weeks before the election, does this hurt the gop"

"Just weeks before the electiona nd a republican scandal"

etc..

The media skipped over that Louisianna Senator that used prostitutes while in washington and in New Orleans...Senator Vitter....it was covered for about a week then completely dropped, unlike what the media did on Foley...

I think this is because of the "cover up" of foley's actions by Hastert and the republican lead ethics committee and because it involved 17 year old page boys.... more of a scandelous story to tell....? more ratings.... :(

care

The media skipped over that Louisianna Senator that used prostitutes while in washington and in New Orleans...Senator Vitter....it was covered for about a week then completely dropped, unlike what the media did on Foley...

I think this is because of the "cover up" of foley's actions by Hastert and the republican lead ethics committee and because it involved 17 year old page boys.... more of a scandelous story to tell....? more ratings.... :(

care

people love this stuff----it sells

What's the big deal? So you have another political figure who cannot keep his zipper zipped. At least he did not lie to federal investigators and his extra curricular activities where not with a man in charge of Freddie or Fannie. Nobody drowned in a car in some bay while he slept off a night of boozing. State secrets were not exchanged for sex. Hell, he's just another politician who says one thing and does another. That's the majority of the beltway crowd. This is not news, this is a guy who is still living his college experience of mindless sex, whenever, wherever. Show me a politician who words match his deeds--THAT'S NEWS.

The closest is John McCain and even he has fallen short on a few occasions.

Forum List

Back