Fixing the Nation

You are willing to make that trade but is anyone else?
When it comes to getting rid of welfare in trade for not forcing religion down someone's throat ... Which one do you think is going away first?
Why even worry about it ... Society is getting rid of religion quick enough ... Sorry it isn't fast enough for you ... Too bad you cannot think past the present.

I'm a flipping Catholic, gosh darnit! I have nothing against welfare, only an endless amount of time on the government doll. I have nothing against freedom of religion, as long as all religions or beliefs- including Atheists- get the freedom to practice their beliefs.

You posted it ... I responded to what you posted.
You talked about compromise ... And stated two positions ... What's your compromise?
I don't care if you are Catholic, Atheist or Buddhist ... It doesn't bother me and I don't expect you to compromise anything.

You tell us what you want to give up and what you expect in return ... Because other than that it is just fuzzy bunny daydreaming.

If you have read all of the thread, you would realize that I have indeed stated things I would compromise on.

why do you, people, even get involved into the discussion with a leftard shill a.k.a. Matthew?

he is a TYPICAL example of the leftard brainwash of the last 30 years.
whine and complain, complain and whine and look for a taxpayer's handout.

At least to my credit I do not condone ear as many leftist policies as I do right ones. All I ask is for each side to shut up and listen! You all have said my retinas are blocked when I'm the one who looks at both sides of the argument! That voting Republican is apparently the result of a "Liberal Brainwashing." Liberals need to shut up and realize endless entitlements and welfare will NOT fix this nation. And Republicans need to realize that shoving their religious beliefs down everyone's throat won't fix anything either.

Who is shoving what religious beliefs down your throat? That is normally the sad cry of a zealot who is upset that others will not buy into his beliefs. In this country, people are free to believe anything they desire to believe. Actions, on the other hand, are restricted by the law and by a sense of public morality.

Nobody is shoving religious beliefs down my throat, but Republicans try it all the time with the left. "Stand Up For Religious Freedom" is more like "Everyone Else Conform to Our Religion." (In case that was never in your town, that was the slogan used where I live for protesting abortion.) And you are not free to believe in anything you want. If a legitimate religion in the US practiced human sacrifice, would everyone allow it?

Forum List

Back