Fixing the GOP Part 3- The rich are going to be fine, really!

See Steph? One person tries to start a reasonable conversation....and we get "obamaphone, libruls, lip prints on Obama's ass, waste of space, and economic ignorance".

You guys can't have a decent conversation....you just put your blinders on and name call/insult....and then you have the gall to claim that Lakhota is "ugly" for handing you a zinger thread.

steel, we all know joes thoughts on things, he's been posting them long enough.

no one can come back with anything reasonable because he will just shoot them down..he knows all

sometimes the best thing to do is just humor him

I shoot them down because usually, your arguments are kind of lame.

The wealthy have spent millions of dollars brainwashing you against your own interests. And until about 2008, I was just as bad as the rest of you. Listened to Rush every day.

ThenI got fired after six years of hard work because an insurance company decided I was running up too many medical bills. My boss's comment- "Well, that's why I'm glad this isn't a union shop!"

Now I see through it, I'm sorry you still can't. Somehow, I suspect you aren't rich, and probably never will be. But you buy their propaganda. You bend over and say, "Thank you sir, may I have another". and when Rush tells you that your woes are Obama's fault, and he wasn't even born here, you just eat that shit up.

It really is all about revenge isn't it? The rich should be punished for their crimes.

[quot

It really is all about revenge isn't it? The rich should be punished for their crimes.

Everyone should be punished for their crimes... that's a central tenet of Christianity, isn't it?

:badgrin:

The thing that annoys me is that the mess we are in we are in because the Rich were too greedy. The status quo we had in the 1990's worked just fine. The rich were making plenty of money, and the working class was doing well, and we were running surpluses instead of deficits. And if you weren't happy with your job, getting a better paying one was pretty easy.

But as Herbert Hoover once opined, the problem with Capitalism is Capitalists. They're too damned greedy. So they got Bush to get rid of the watch dogs and they did exactly the same kind of foolish behavior that led to the crash in 1989. Except this time, it was worse. And when the bill came due, they took it out on working folks.

And when working folks elected Obama, they had to be punished some more. Forget the fact the government bailed them out, and that 93% of the wealth recovered after the crash went to the top 1%. Those peasents had to be punished. We'll keep hitting them until they vote for the Weird Mormon Robot who will do things our way.

Oh. Wait. They didn't do that? Let's punish them some more.

The third in my series about how the GOP gets back in tune with the American people.

At some point, and Im not sure where, the GOP became the political party that watches Its a Wonderful Life and cheers for Mr. Potter. It wasnt always this way, contrary to what Democrats claim. Teddy Roosevelt fought for the working man. So did Warren Harding. Ike kind of got it. So did Nixon and Ford. I would even say Reagan did. Even the Bushs werent that bad. But the Wealthy spent nearly a billion dollars trying to get Romney elected, failed miserably, and now they are saying they have to lay people off because they don't have enough money, even though taxes are the lowest on the wealthy they've been since before the Great Depression.

The real conundrum of the modern GOP is that instead of determining what is good for working class Americans, they take the side of corporations and management, every time, and figure they can fool working class types into voting against their own economic issues by using the shiny things. God, guns and Gays. The problem is, those things dont really work as well. The Democrats gave up trying to regulate guns a long time ago, and people are getting to the point where they are accepting gays a lot more. That just leaves issues like abortion, where again, they paint themselves into corners. We always have "The War on Christmas" when some company says "Holiday" instead of "Christmas".

Romney will hopefully be the last outright Plutocrat the GOP will nominate in a while. But it has been the habit of the establishment to shoot down (with help from the mainstream media) any guy who puts working class issues ahead of plutocratic ones. Buchanan, Huckabee, Santorum being the latest examples.

They still don't get it. The "shiny things" offensive works when you're not in recession... Not so much when you're in one.

Forum List

Back