Fixing the GOP Part 3- The rich are going to be fine, really!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeB131, Nov 10, 2012.

1. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    The third in my series about how the GOP gets back in tune with the American people.

At some point, and I’m not sure where, the GOP became the political party that watches “It’s a Wonderful Life” and cheers for Mr. Potter. It wasn’t always this way, contrary to what Democrats claim. Teddy Roosevelt fought for the working man. So did Warren Harding. Ike kind of got it. So did Nixon and Ford. I would even say Reagan did. Even the Bush’s weren’t that bad. But the Wealthy spent nearly a billion dollars trying to get Romney elected, failed miserably, and now they are saying they have to lay people off because they don't have enough money, even though taxes are the lowest on the wealthy they've been since before the Great Depression.

The real conundrum of the modern GOP is that instead of determining what is good for working class Americans, they take the side of corporations and management, every time, and figure they can fool working class types into voting against their own economic issues by using the “shiny things”. God, guns and Gays. The problem is, those things don’t really work as well. The Democrats gave up trying to regulate guns a long time ago, and people are getting to the point where they are accepting gays a lot more. That just leaves issues like abortion, where again, they paint themselves into corners. We always have "The War on Christmas" when some company says "Holiday" instead of "Christmas".

Romney will hopefully be the last outright Plutocrat the GOP will nominate in a while. But it has been the habit of the establishment to shoot down (with help from the mainstream media) any guy who puts working class issues ahead of plutocratic ones. Buchanan, Huckabee, Santorum being the latest examples.

2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,056
    Thank you for your insight.

How many free minutes did you get with your Obamaphone?

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    so in other words he's saying We are ALL suppose to be like liberals and Democrats..?

what a waste of space

4. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    I don't have an Obama-Phone, dumbass.

And frankly, you can't complain about the welfare class when the wealthy encourage it.

If everyone had a job, do you think the rich would get away with what they get away with?

They need a certain number of "Hey, I can hire that guy selling Streetwise and replace you, so get in line" kind of thing.

I remember the good old days when Clinton got unemployment down to 3%, and the employers were MISERABLE. they didn't dare fire anyone. Didn't matter they were making record profits, the fact that they had to share with the help made them angry.

Didn't take them long to screw that up.

5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    Did I need to use smaller words for you? Because you do seem to have this reading comprehension problem, Staph.

Just once, I'd like to see you comprehend an argument. Just once. It would be amusing.

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,056
    ^

This is the level of fundamental economic ignorance required to be an Obama supporter.

7. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    I hope you and the rest of right wingers stay this stupid, it will give the democrats nothing but landslide wins election after election :up:

8. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    lol, I do comprehend your bull and I just shake my head...
    speaking of amusing

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,732
    I see your lip prints on obama ass,

10. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    Then why do we always have recessions with Republican Presidents?

Last four recessions started on a Republican's watch. You really can't claim you are economic geniuses.

Back in the 1970's, my parents used to say, "Democrats bring us wars, Republicans bring us Depressions." (Mom and Dad didn't get the memo that we call the "recessions" now.)

Today, Republicans bring us both.

I used to try to excuse it, but I stopped doing that when you all slapped me in the face and nominated the Mormon. How'd that work out for you again?