Fixing Impeachment nonsense

Rethinking this notion a little more, suggest changing the wording of the proposed amendment to the House section. The House section does not apply only to the office of President. This change below permits a simple majority vote for all other impeachments of judges, members etc.

No President shall be impeached without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Last edited:
:boo_hoo14: :CryingCow::boo_hoo14:

Trump is an idiot and got impeached -

:desk:

I KNOW -

CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION !!!!!

This is more concern for the future, where impeachment may be a right of passage every time the house is under the control of the party the President is not part of.

Only amending our Constitution will have a lasting effect. Whether thru the convention of States method or the regular difficult process, these words should be added to the line about the House having 'sole power' to impeach: And no Person shall be impeached without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Save one word, this is borrowed from the Senate section regarding their 'sole power' to try an impeachment case.
I don't think we have amend the constitution because a handful of idiots run the House. The voters will have an opportunity to deal with this in Nov.

YES. AND FOR THE SAME REASON THE SCORPION STUNG THE FROG. Why Did Adam Schiff Purposely Mislead America About The Parnas Texts?

Off to the slow race...

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., is calling for an amendment to the Constitution that would make it more difficult for presidents to be impeached.

Scott's amendment would require a super-majority of three-fifths of the House of Representatives in order to approve articles of impeachment, instead of the current standard which is a simple majority.

"An act as divisive as impeachment must have bipartisan backing and overwhelming support. It should be harder – much harder – for either political party to take the process our Founders created as a last resort against a tyrannical leader and use it instead as a tool for the tyranny of a political majority," Scott said in a statement. "I look forward to all of my colleagues, on both sides of the aisle, joining me in this effort to protect the integrity of our nation and our constitution."

In order to pass, a constitutional amendment must receive approval from two-thirds of the House and Senate, as well as ratification from three-fourths of all states, or 38 out of 50.

Off to the slow race...

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., is calling for an amendment to the Constitution that would make it more difficult for presidents to be impeached.

Scott's amendment would require a super-majority of three-fifths of the House of Representatives in order to approve articles of impeachment, instead of the current standard which is a simple majority.

"An act as divisive as impeachment must have bipartisan backing and overwhelming support. It should be harder – much harder – for either political party to take the process our Founders created as a last resort against a tyrannical leader and use it instead as a tool for the tyranny of a political majority," Scott said in a statement. "I look forward to all of my colleagues, on both sides of the aisle, joining me in this effort to protect the integrity of our nation and our constitution."

In order to pass, a constitutional amendment must receive approval from two-thirds of the House and Senate, as well as ratification from three-fourths of all states, or 38 out of 50.
We don't need to amend the Constitution because after 230 years, a bunch of idiots briefly got control of the House.

It's an election year, I think the voters can do what needs to be done.

Forum List

Back