Five tax lies from the 1% the RW presents as fact- "well known"

At the moment, everyone pays the same percentage in all taxes and fees. The rich always used to be said to be more fortunate, and wished to thank the country. Now they think they did it all., arrogant twits. See "Mitt". LOL Reaganism and greed are a disaster.

At the moment, everyone pays the same percentage in all taxes and fees. The rich always used to be said to be more fortunate, and wished to thank the country. Now they think they did it all., arrogant twits. See "Mitt". LOL Reaganism and greed are a disaster.

LOL you seriously think everyone pays the same percentage in fees and taxes based on income levels???

I know a man that lives here locally that paid 268,000 in taxes in 2011. Just income taxes by the way. We're not counting vehicle registration fees, gas taxes, sales tax. He was contemplating expanding the business by opening two additional shops since it seems to be doing well, his personal accountant advised him not to, as his profit would be marginal due to tax increases. LOL, your views on taxation, and progressive taxes in general are completely wrong.

Are you also considering the people that are on government assistance that have zero income through the year, yet receive 2000 or more in tax refunds?

Also when you take into account that lower income earning individuals pay the same registration fees, gas taxes, etc. and that higher earning individuals pay the exact same taxes, then add in property taxes, home insurance, escrow... then the figures start leaning another way. Gas prices for business owners are never negligible, it effects every item they produce or ship.

Oh good god. Can you explain in your words why the rich should be taxed more?

Long time lurker but this is one of the things I had to address. Why should the rich be taxed more? Because they make more money then everyone else. It's really that simple. They owe more to society then a middle class person does and the question that I'd like to counter with is, how much wealth does one need?

Long time lurker but this is one of the things I had to address. Why should the rich be taxed more? Because they make more money then everyone else. It's really that simple. They owe more to society then a middle class person does and the question that I'd like to counter with is, how much wealth does one need?

They owe nothing more to society. They already pay income taxes for the bottom 43% of wage earners.. isn't that enough? They pay your share! Because they make more money than everyone else is the most rediculous answer I've ever heard.

It doesn't matter how much wealth one needs. To think someone, "makes too much money." So I will legislate that money away to be redistributed, is theft, and nothing more. Success should be rewarded, not punished. Urkie, you seriously need to research the tax brackets and find out how much some of these earners are paying into income taxes every year, and now you want even more? I don't know if you're trolling or serious here.

Wrong, turd. The rich don't owe jack to "society," and neither do I.

It's not the government's proper function to be deciding how much wealth you are allowed to keep. When government ventures in that direction it joins the predators of society and becomes the enemy of every productive citizen.

The truth, according to the numbers provided by the CBO:

The top 1% pay 22.7% of taxes.
The top 10% pay 50% of taxes.
The top 20% pay 65.3% of taxes.
The top 40% pay 84.3% of taxes.

40% of America pays no income taxes at all.

How about we get some of the paracites to actulally pay some income taxes?

See the parrot. See the parrot engage in class warfare. Next, see the parrot accuse Democrats/liberals/progressives of class warfare.

See the parrot. See the parrot engage in class warfare. Next, see the parrot accuse Democrats/liberals/progressives of class warfare.

Still reading kindergarten books I see.

Romper Room is that way======>

I know a man that lives here locally that paid 268,000 in taxes in 2011. Just income taxes by the way. We're not counting vehicle registration fees, gas taxes, sales tax. He was contemplating expanding the business by opening two additional shops since it seems to be doing well, his personal accountant advised him not to, as his profit would be marginal due to tax increases. LOL, your views on taxation, and progressive taxes in general are completely wrong.

Someone who paid 268K in taxes is already paying the top tax rate he's ever going to pay (which is less than the middle-class pays marginally, you fucking moron). So, there wouldn't be tax increases if that guy opened up more shops. On the contrary, with more cash flow, he'd be better able to reduce his tax rate. And, even if there were tax increases, taxes are only on profits. If he has no profits, he pays no taxes. If he has profits, he's still making money after taxes.

Are you also considering the people that are on government assistance that have zero income through the year, yet receive 2000 or more in tax refunds?

You're only half-right. But, what's your point? That the middle-class should be screwed to pay for more tax breaks for the rich?

Also when you take into account that lower income earning individuals pay the same registration fees, gas taxes, etc. and that higher earning individuals pay the exact same taxes, then add in property taxes, home insurance, escrow...

Home insurance? Escrow? Do you know what you're talking about? Anyway, the rich pay a smaller percentage of their income to registration fees, gas taxes, etc.

Someone who paid 268K in taxes is already paying the top tax rate he's ever going to pay (which is less than the middle-class pays marginally, you fucking moron). So, there wouldn't be tax increases if that guy opened up more shops. On the contrary, with more cash flow, he'd be better able to reduce his tax rate. And, even if there were tax increases, taxes are only on profits. If he has no profits, he pays no taxes. If he has profits, he's still making money after taxes.

I guess you are his personal accountant and you know his entirelife situation. I think not.

You're only half-right. But, what's your point? That the middle-class should be screwed to pay for more tax breaks for the rich?

No the middle class should not be screwed, everyone.. EVERYONE should pay their fare share. Regardless of class, regardless of social status, no one gets a 100% free ride

Also when you take into account that lower income earning individuals pay the same registration fees, gas taxes, etc. and that higher earning individuals pay the exact same taxes, then add in property taxes, home insurance, escrow...

Home insurance? Escrow? Do you know what you're talking about? Anyway, the rich pay a smaller percentage of their income to registration fees, gas taxes, etc.

Do you know what you're talking about? The rich and middle class pay 100% of income taxes and the bottome 40+ - pay zero.. zip, nada, nothing. Unacceptable.

To think that you can tax the rich at an insane rate, because they have more money than you is nothing more than envy, and economic stupidity.

They owe nothing more to society. They already pay income taxes for the bottom 43% of wage earners.. isn't that enough? They pay your share! Because they make more money than everyone else is the most rediculous answer I've ever heard.

It doesn't matter how much wealth one needs. To think someone, "makes too much money." So I will legislate that money away to be redistributed, is theft, and nothing more. Success should be rewarded, not punished. Urkie, you seriously need to research the tax brackets and find out how much some of these earners are paying into income taxes every year, and now you want even more? I don't know if you're trolling or serious here.

I'm the idiot? Any successful society has followed the model laid out in Adam Smith's "Wealth of Nations" which is very adamant about having some sort of progressive tax code. Why? Because the higher income earners can afford to pay a higher rate and they are also way more influential in society so they should pay more. That top group SHOULD invest in the middle to lower wage earners to enhance economic opportunities for them.

Again, when you count ALL taxes and FEES, everyone is paying the same % to GOVERNMENT. Only in the Reaganist period have the rich not paid more in %, and it DOESN'T WORK. The rich used to be thankful for their good fortune. Now too many, the greedy PUB ones, think they're just BETTER LOL. WRONG. see sig 1.
Reagonomics doesn't work, and the bought off Pub drones LIE. See OP, dupes.

I'm the idiot? Any successful society has followed the model laid out in Adam Smith's "Wealth of Nations" which is very adamant about having some sort of progressive tax code.

Horseshit. Adam Smith doesn't call for a progressive tax code in the Wealth of Nations. The claim that he does is a deliberate left-wing attempt to misconstrue what he said.

Why? Because the higher income earners can afford to pay a higher rate and they are also way more influential in society so they should pay more. That top group SHOULD invest in the middle to lower wage earners to enhance economic opportunities for them.

Now you're really putting words in Adam Smith's mouth. He never said any of that.

In more than 20 years, there have been no jobs created by Reagan's sacking of the middle class. How much longer do the pubs think we're stupid enough to wait?

Pubs are a lying, thieving disaster for the country. Change the channel, dupes- hoping for your recovery.

Not surprising that the rw's have only name calling to offer in rebuttal.

Not one fact. Nope. Not even one.

Come to think of it, the same thing happens when I ask them to name even ONE pub accomplishment. They can't because none exist.

no jobs created?......in the last 20 years?......:eusa_shifty:

So when are Pubs NOT lying, chumps? Their "facts" are ALL BULLSHYTTE...

when are you NOT a chump Frankie?......and its spelled BULLSHIT......if your mamma wont let you swear then say the kiddie words for it......like BullPoop.....we will understand.....ya dumpfuck.....:lol:

Forum List

Back