Five scary evangelical Christian teachings which set up Duggar family molestation disast

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Five scary evangelical Christian teachings which set the Duggar family up for the molestation disaster

The American Taliban (Christian right) are sick. We American must hold these sickos to task.

In 2002, when the alleged molestations occurred, JimBob and Michelle had 14 children aged 14 and under. Is anyone surprised that young Josh was not supervised adequately to prevent his access to five young girls? As a former Quiverfull mom who birthed 7 children in 17 years, even I cannot imagine how overwhelmed and ill-equipped Michelle must have been simply keeping up with the basic maintenance of her young brood. It’s no wonder she wasn’t attentive enough to her children to know what Josh was doing, practically under her nose,
for years.

I am in no way making excuses for Michelle’s negligence. My point here is to say that contemporary evangelical Christianity sets “biblical families” up for this sort of disaster. Let me tell you more …

#2 – The Duggars believe that, under God, the FAMILY is the highest authority, particularly Daddy.

There is a teaching amongst Evangelicals in which matters of discipline must be addressed according to God’s order of authority which goes like this: God, Family (within the family, the Father has ultimate authority), Church elders, Church family, Extended family, All Like-minded believers, Satan, and finally (maybe) … the Civil Magistrate.

This is worse than McMartin. (which really turned out to be nothing.)

But these people have institutionalized molestation.

Hobby Lobby billionaire behind the Christian counseling center that treated Josh Duggar

Not to mention why a devout "Christian" is a billionaire. WTF would Jesus say?

For more than a decade, the wealthy owners of Hobby Lobby provided substantial financial support to Bill Gothard, a politically influential religious leader who — among other things — founded the Institute in Basic Life Principles and the chain of Christian treatment centers to which Josh Duggar’s parents sent him after he was caught molesting young girls.

“No one,” Gawker observed last year, “was more instrumental to [Gothard’s] now-controversial ministry than the family behind Hobby Lobby.”

Five scary evangelical Christian teachings which set the Duggar family up for the molestation disaster

The American Taliban (Christian right) are sick. We American must hold these sickos to task.

In 2002, when the alleged molestations occurred, JimBob and Michelle had 14 children aged 14 and under. Is anyone surprised that young Josh was not supervised adequately to prevent his access to five young girls? As a former Quiverfull mom who birthed 7 children in 17 years, even I cannot imagine how overwhelmed and ill-equipped Michelle must have been simply keeping up with the basic maintenance of her young brood. It’s no wonder she wasn’t attentive enough to her children to know what Josh was doing, practically under her nose,
for years.

I am in no way making excuses for Michelle’s negligence. My point here is to say that contemporary evangelical Christianity sets “biblical families” up for this sort of disaster. Let me tell you more …

#2 – The Duggars believe that, under God, the FAMILY is the highest authority, particularly Daddy.

There is a teaching amongst Evangelicals in which matters of discipline must be addressed according to God’s order of authority which goes like this: God, Family (within the family, the Father has ultimate authority), Church elders, Church family, Extended family, All Like-minded believers, Satan, and finally (maybe) … the Civil Magistrate.

What was the point you were trying to make here?...
TYhe authorities are working the case.
And INDIVIDUAL case...As much as you radical lefties adore the idea of throwing one big fat generalization party, too bad so sad.....Loser shit troll

for years.

And INDIVIDUAL case...As much as you radical lefties adore the idea of throwing one big fat generalization party, too bad so sad.....Loser shit troll
Kind of hard for the authorities to work the case with the files destroyed.

Do you think he should not have been treated and just left to continue his deviant behavior?

This is not a political thing or a religious thing. It's a sexual deviant thing.

And most sexual deviants are men. Shall I paint with as broad a brush as you?!

for years.

This is not an overgeneralization.

We're talking about far-right Christian home schooling cultists or The American Taliban.

Wasn't the statute of limitations over before the authorities were even involved?

for years.

Kind of hard for the authorities to work the case with the files destroyed.
Not the point of the thread. The OP is attempting to use this as a bludgeon against all people non liberal.

for years.

This is not an overgeneralization.

We're talking about far-right Christian home schooling cultists or The American Taliban.
"We're" not talking about anything...YOU are...
Once again, you've implied that all home schooled kids are the progeny of 'far right Christian cultists"...
You don't get to do that.

Seriously? You're going to blame his actions on his families faith?

Well the faith does enter into it. Now let's be honest. If this was nearly any other family in America it wouldn't make page one of even the smallest town newspaper. The acts described are mild in comparison to the other shit that happens to children on a daily basis that no one seems too concerned about. That's not to defend it or say it's ok, simply to demonstrate that, as usual, the media and society is throwing a shit storm about a minor example while ignoring the far larger problem. Why they are doing this is because of the religious aspect and the Duggars have themselves to blame. By setting themselves up as being so holy and self-righteous and by being so judgmental about the life choices and lifestyles of others, they can't act all surprised when people call foul. It is totally hypocrisy to blast the hell out of others for those things and then claim 'but our child is simply misunderstood'.

To some degree it was their faith that created this mess. When you have 14 kids living in one house you can kiss privacy goodbye. A 14 year old boy is a raging hormone machine and they need an outlet for that. But when you have been removed from society, you are not allowed to kiss girls, hold their hands, or even whack off in the shower to release those urges and satisfy some curiosity because a) 'it's evil', and b) you don't have the privacy to do it anyhow, what the hell did they think was going to happen?

Now it is not faith itself that is the culprit. It is their specific interpretation and application (or perhaps misapplication) that is the problem.

Oh - now it is a "scary molestation disaster"........ROLF!!!

CaptainHyperbole.jpg

I hate to say this but statistically speaking, out of 19 kids, one of them is most likely a whacko.

I wonder if Josh and his victims got real psychological help. Does anyone know?

Forum List

Back