Five myths about federal workers

My career started in the private sector (corporations). Then I went to academia. Then I went to federal government.

Now, I'm private again, contracting for the government.

In general and in my experience, the least efficient and most wasteful of the bunch is academia - by far, no comparison. But, when they waste with inefficiencies, it's small beans compared to the federal budget. The federal government is quite efficient in some areas, but the number of administrative assistants needed to support those who do actually get work done is crazy - absolutely insane. That is very wasteful and very inefficient. The yearly audits by the federal government on the federal government typically demonstrate the inefficiencies and waste.

The private sector is by far the most efficient and least wasteful. And, for our Marxist comrades out there, that result is completely in line with Marxist theory on workers.

Just my experience and opinion.

aint that the truth......the PO has those things all the time.....and they are absolutely useless....someone getting a useless job to justify the Middle Managers jobs....in the PO anyway.....

Here's what I would like to do with government workers... Give every third government worker a pink slip. Make them go find a job in the private sector. Cut their pensions and tell them that from now on, they have to do matching 401K's, just like the rest of us in the private sector. Get rid of their freakin unions and actually make it so that they can get fired. Absolutely abolish the Department of Education. That would do for a start...

If you're trying to make me feel sorry for government workers at the Federal or state level... I really missed it.

of course except if you had 25 years in with them right?

These envious faggots are driven by myth, lies and partisan BS. I earn my salary and am proud of it, if idiots are envious of what I make thats their problem.

Federal employees get what they can just like everyone else. Nobody ever said they weren't good people. It isn't their fault that there are redundant, unnecessary, useless, often contradictory wastes of money in federal government bureaucracies. You could probably fire half the civilian workers employed by the federal government and get better efficiency.

really?....you got me fooled.....just today alone i have been in a few threads that were attacking the workers .....because years ago they had the Audacity to get a federal job.....we were called Useless Fucks in one thread.....yep no one is attacking the worker.....these attacks have gone from the Organization to the Union to the Workers.....isnt it great how this Country is coming together?.....

1. Federal workers ARE overpaid. The ones at the lower, non-skilled or barely-skilled, levels are paid much more than their private sector counterparts.

Prove it.
I could link to the WaPo story in the OP.

But, I'm wondering why I should do that when all you have to do it click on that link in the OP.

Is there a reason I should do redundant work? Remember, I don't work for the federal government any longer, so redundant work is not something I do with any frequency any longer.

the UPS driver makes 5 bucks an hour more than i do and since he is Teamster he has some pretty good benifits also.........

Prove it.
I could link to the WaPo story in the OP.

But, I'm wondering why I should do that when all you have to do it click on that link in the OP.

Is there a reason I should do redundant work? Remember, I don't work for the federal government any longer, so redundant work is not something I do with any frequency any longer.

the UPS driver makes 5 bucks an hour more than i do and since he is Teamster he has some pretty good benifits also.........
Yes. Unions pay ridiculous amounts, too.

I'm not big on Bureaucrats, or Unions for that matter. I do recognize and respect what is Constitutionally mandated. We rely on Government and expect competence, fairness in the consented Duties being carried out. Not everyone is on trial here for having a Government job. That is plain silly. What we do recognize is that we need checks and balances. We have them in Government, Business, and personal life.
i will say that in dealing with People Professionally in the real world, From the Post Office, the DMV, the Super Market, the Gas Station, is that how you treat People on the Job matters. You treat People with respect, you are more likely to receive it in return. We let out steam here everyday, that's true enough. There is a Domino Effect to that too. Just a thought.

Harry, You are better off at the Post Office than UPS. Be careful what you wish for. ;) Be thankful for what you have. :)

I'm not big on Bureaucrats, or Unions for that matter. I do recognize and respect what is Constitutionally mandated. We rely on Government and expect competence, fairness in the consented Duties being carried out. Not everyone is on trial here for having a Government job. That is plain silly. What we do recognize is that we need checks and balances. We have them in Government, Business, and personal life.
i will say that in dealing with People Professionally in the real world, From the Post Office, the DMV, the Super Market, the Gas Station, is that how you treat People on the Job matters. You treat People with respect, you are more likely to receive it in return. We let out steam here everyday, that's true enough. There is a Domino Effect to that too. Just a thought.

Harry, You are better off at the Post Office than UPS. Be careful what you wish for. ;) Be thankful for what you have. :)

oh i know that intense.....talking to the drivers who have been on my route showed me that.....they say they get driven like mules.....there is a reason you dont see very many 50+ year old UPS drivers.....

Forum List

Back