Five Movie Franchises That Just Won’t Go Away

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
They just don’t seem to go away. Far from great acting, but they have plenty of what it takes to have people go to see them. Here they are:

Tremors – you know, those big slugs burrowing around and popping up to eat people.

Sniper - # 8 should treat us to another nail-biting splurge of killings

Kickboxer – I know you just can’t wait to watch an aging Jean-Claude Van Damme teeter his way through another endless round of showing us what a super hero he is.

Mean Girls – this one I can’t say anything about because I never, ever watched it.

Bring it On – Another I’ve never watched.

More about them @ Five Franchises You Had No Idea Were Still Going Strong

They just don’t seem to go away. Far from great acting, but they have plenty of what it takes to have people go to see them. Here they are:

Tremors – you know, those big slugs burrowing around and popping up to eat people.

Kickboxer – I know you just can’t wait to watch an aging Jean-Claude Van Damme teeter his way through another endless round of showing us what a super hero he is.

Mean Girls – this one I can’t say anything about because I never, ever watched it.

I love tremors, the rest not so much...glee and or perfect pitch may be going down the same path as those flicks

I know none of them except tremmors.. why didn't they mention Rocky 9 , first blood 6 or star wars 8?

I love tremors, the rest not so much...glee and or perfect pitch may be going down the same path as those flicks

The first one was the best.

I actually believe Hollywood has lost its creativity...must be due to all of that 90's cocaine...or maybe they have stopped reading novels...whatever the case not much good is coming from Hollywood lately...I'm sticking to Seinfeld and two and a half men reruns....

Love Tremors. May even watch it now that I know it is a Kevin Bacon project.

The rest...never heard of them.

Tremors is the only one I’ve watched

I thought it was funny

People don't "go to see" Tremors movies. The first one is the only one that was released in theaters, I believe. They are direct-to-video B movies. ;) I never watched a whole Tremors movie, they are terrible. I also feel bias against the franchise, because Tremors The Series took over the timeslot Farscape occupied before SciFy cancelled it.

I think I watched the first Sniper, but that was a long time ago, and if so, it was forgettable. I think this franchise is also a bunch of direct-to-video movies.

Kickboxer is a classic cheezy American martial arts movie! :p Most of the movies in this franchise had either limited theatrical releases or were just direct-to-video.

I never watched Mean Girls. Apparently there has only been 1 sequel, direct-to-video, not exactly a franchise.

I never watched Bring it On. All of the sequels were direct-to-video.

People don't go see any of these franchises very much. At most, some people watch them at home. :p

I actually believe Hollywood has lost its creativity...must be due to all of that 90's cocaine...or maybe they have stopped reading novels...whatever the case not much good is coming from Hollywood lately...I'm sticking to Seinfeld and two and a half men reruns....

A lot of the creativity has gone because money is so much more important now. A film can do badly based on a number of small factors.

The BIGGEST factor for certain types of movies now are whether they'll get into the Chinese market. The CCP controls which movies can and can't be shown in China. They had a limit of 20 per year, that might go up to 40 a year.

The Chinese don't particularly like creativity. They have it pummeled out of them at Middle and High school. They like fighting, they like fast cars, the girls love their romance. If it doesn't fit into those criteria, it won't be doing well in China.

Star Wars has failed in China, what carries it in the US is nostalgia that the Chinese don't have for the series.

Forum List

Back