~ Five Favorite Comfort Foods ~

lol, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood in Queens and on Long Island and that was eaten quite a lot (the noodles, cottage cheese & sugar)

and here is another I learned to love as a child

Bananas and Sour Cream with Sugar lol OMG it's like I died and went to heaven when I taste that taste....only it's really bad on the waist line!

as a child I also remember my parents taking me to the original Vincents in Little Italy. And that is where I discovered Fried Calamari with black hot sauce and hard bread with lemon. To this day it is my favorite food.

Mom always makes --on special occassions-- escargots with lots of garlic, lemon and butter.

My dear passed Aunt Evelyn, (one year ago she fell down the stairs and died. A sad way to go, doing laundry --I always feel that's how I'll end up too when I go down the basement stairs with those laundry buckets)....well, she used to make something we called Weeds. Which is essentially Savoy Cabbage Soup with Pepperoni and White Kidney beans. OMG that is the taste of life.

Then there's mom's Sauce
and Dad's deer meat stew
lamb chops....

I can go on and on.....food is life

Ohhh I forgot about banana, cottage cheese and sugar. I guess I didn't think of it because that's what my mom gave me when I had an upset stomach. But now that I think about it... was pretty yummy.

I still haven't acquired a taste for calamari, but that's what I'm told Randazzo's is for. ;)

peanutbutter, banana and honey toast

Meat, poatatoes and cheese ( a meal I learned from my mother in law and consists of good hamburger cooked with onions, cooked chopped potatoes, good extra sharp chedder cheese and salt and pepper.)

Grilled cheese with thinly sliced tomatoes.

strawberry shortcake

homemade macaroni and cheese
chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with cream gravy
creamed peas and new potatoes
Shrimp/crab gumbo
shrimp etouffee

Last edited:
I wanted to add this to my list.

I shied away from it for years and one day I opened my mind and my pallet and now, though I can't call it a comfort food, I will say I CRAVE it....

Sushi.

Yumm

I love it too. I think it's just an excuse to have wasabi. Love how it burns my sinuses!

Tomato soup and a grilled cheese.

I like bean soup too.

Hot chocolate with marshmallows

You all really covered a lot of them.

Forum List

Back