Fitch: 'AAA' rating in jeopardy

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Fitch: 'AAA' rating in jeopardy - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Another major bond rating firm on Monday reiterated its threat to downgrade the U.S. government to a B-plus rating if the debt ceiling isn’t raised by August 2 and the government defaults on its debts.

The warning from Fitch Ratings comes after Moody’s and S&P warned last week that they would lower the U.S. rating from the top mark of AAA if the country is unable to repay its debts next month.

The ratings agency said it still expects congressional Republicans and President Barack Obama to reach a deal in the next few weeks, but would downgrade the rating if the Treasury Department is unable to pay the $90 billion in Treasury bills that mature on August 4.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiahoYfPGk]‪Time - Pink Floyd + Lyrics‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Great logic by Fitch, it's not Obama annual Trillion deficit that the problem, its the debt ceiling. So if we raise it to $1,000,000 Trillion bazillion, we'll get a AAAAAAAAAA credit rating.

...its the debt ceiling. So if we raise it to $1,000,000 Trillion bazillion, we'll get a AAAAAAAAAA credit rating.
The more we're in debt the better the credit rating. So the reason Obama opposed raising the debt ceiling in '06 was that he wanted to tank America's credit rating.

As usual, fear mongering.. screw that, don't raise the debt ceiling, quit spending so frackin much. How simple is that concept to understand.

As usual, the ratings agencies are way behind the curve. The U.S. should have been put on notice when the 2009 deficit exceeded $1T and lacked a budget (now for over two years).

40% of this year's spending is being funded with debt. Debt for CONSUMPTION. It's insane.

As usual, the ratings agencies are way behind the curve. The U.S. should have been put on notice when the 2009 deficit exceeded $1T and lacked a budget (now for over two years).

40% of this year's spending is being funded with debt. Debt for CONSUMPTION. It's insane.

True. I'd rep ya but I can't.

True. I'd rep ya but I can't.
I could and did. I hate to point this out but the US could end up AA- and be the highest rated developed or developing nation in the world within two years.

Fitch: 'AAA' rating in jeopardy - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Another major bond rating firm on Monday reiterated its threat to downgrade the U.S. government to a B-plus rating if the debt ceiling isn’t raised by August 2 and the government defaults on its debts.

The warning from Fitch Ratings comes after Moody’s and S&P warned last week that they would lower the U.S. rating from the top mark of AAA if the country is unable to repay its debts next month.

The ratings agency said it still expects congressional Republicans and President Barack Obama to reach a deal in the next few weeks, but would downgrade the rating if the Treasury Department is unable to pay the $90 billion in Treasury bills that mature on August 4.

heres the key IMHO of course:rolleyes:;

Fitch said Monday that it will place the U.S. rating in what it calls “ratings watch negative,” a status that can lead to downgrading in three-to-six months.

The ratings agency said it still expects congressional Republicans and President Barack Obama to reach a deal in the next few weeks, but would downgrade the rating if the Treasury Department is unable to pay the $90 billion in Treasury bills that mature on Aug. 4.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59273.html#ixzz1SW0jzlmN

what moodys and s&p said they said was that the debt going forward and I am paraphrasing is the danger, they didn't expect us to default but that the ongoing issues we have with the debt is the killer....

I have posted the moddys and s&p verbiage several times as well.

Moody's: America's Debt Crisis Could Hit By 2013

Last edited:

Forum List

Back