Firsts.... 1st's....

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
First time the name or title 'Satan' is mentioned?

1 Chronicles 21:1
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

First time the name or title 'Michael' is mentioned?

Numbers 13:13
Of the tribe of Asher, Sethur the son of Michael.

The first time the name or title 'Satan' and the name or title 'Michael' are mentioned together?

Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Revelation 12:6 "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

1,260 days... = 3.45 years.

Revelation 12:7-9 "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

war: as in strength and brawn?
Usage: a war, battle, strife.

arguments? If it were only 'arguments', would this change your opinion as to who and what that 'war' is as and what the 'importance' and 'glamour' of that war might be?

in heaven: Where is heaven?
air (9), heaven (218), heavenly* (1), heavens (24), sky (22).

Is this 'war' which is in heaven be a 'quarrel', argument, about 'heavenly' things?

Would this change your outlook on what that 'great' heavenly angelic war might be? Would you still be 'interested'??

Who is this 'angel' Michael?
(i. e. 'who like God?'), Michael, the name of an archangel, who was supposed to be the guardian angel of the Israelites

When was the first mention of the name or title 'Michael' used?

Who or what are 'his' angels?

angels: 32. aggelos

32 ággelos – properly, a messenger or delegate – either human
or heavenly (a celestial angel);
someone sent (by God) to proclaim His message.

Someone sent (by God) to proclaim His message. What is His message? You mean like the Apostles being sent to proclaim the 'gospel'? Are The Apostles 'angels'?

What did Michael and his angels do?

warred:
Usage: I make war, contend, fight, battle.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;

who began this 'war'?

Michael and his angels did what? fought 'against' the dragon..

against:
3326. meta:
accompanied (1), accompanied* (2), accompany* (1), after (82), afterward* (3), against (4), amid (1), among (5), away (1), before* (1), behind (1), companions* (5), end (1), follow* (1), gratefully* (1), hereafter* (1), later (12), now* (1), together (2), together* (1), toward (3), without* (2).

the: What is 'the'?
3588. ho, hé, to

about (2), all (5), case* (3), cause* (1), circumstances* (3), companions* (8), condition* (1), experiences (2), far (1), followers* (1), former* (1), meat (1), one (6), one who (1), one* (1), others (4), others* (1), outsiders* (3), people (1), sight (1), some (7), some* (5), suitable (1), these (4), things (1), this (31), those (406), those who (17), together* (8), under* (1), welfare (1), what (47), what had happened (1), what* (1), which (14), who (52), whoever (8), whom (4).

So is this Michael and his angels trying to 'influence' current Nations with their 'own' future 'Governments'??

and the dragon fought and his angels,

Who is this 'dragon'?

1404. drakón
Definition: a dragon (a mythical monster)
Usage: a dragon or huge serpent;

1404 drákōn (from derkomai, "to see," the root of the English term, "dragon") – properly "seeing one," used of mythical dragons (huge serpents) seeing their prey from far away; (figuratively) Satan (Rev 12:7,9) exercising his subtle (indirect) impact on heathen governments (powers) – i.e. accomplishing his hellish agenda from "behind the scenes."

[The ancient Greeks classified a "dragon" (1404 /drákōn) as a type of serpent. 1404 /drákōn ("a dragon") was believed to have incredible insight, able to spot prey in any hiding place.]

But the dragon 'warred' back... The dragon 'resisted'... Who is this 'dragon' again?

1404. drakón
Definition: a dragon (a mythical monster)
Usage: a dragon or huge serpent;

1404 drákōn (from derkomai, "to see," the root of the English term, "dragon") – properly "seeing one," used of mythical dragons (huge serpents) seeing their prey from far away; (figuratively) Satan (Rev 12:7,9) exercising his subtle (indirect) impact on heathen governments (powers) – i.e. accomplishing his hellish agenda from "behind the scenes."

[The ancient Greeks classified a "dragon" (1404 /drákōn) as a type of serpent. 1404 /drákōn ("a dragon") was believed to have incredible insight, able to spot prey in any hiding place.]

So, Michael and his angels begin this war and continue the 'warring' against the 'dragon' and the 'dragon' 'war' back against the 'attacks' of Michael and his angels. But the dragon is supposed to be the 'bad' one?? Although a 'mythical' creature?

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

prevailed not: 2480. ischuó

Definition: to be strong, have power
Usage: I have strength, am strong, am in full health and vigor, am able; meton: I prevail.

Very combative (engaging, overcoming, 2480 /isxýō) is the specific (urgent) request of a divinely-approved person who is energized (by God)."

able (5), am...strong enough (1), been able (1), can (1), can do (1), could (8), force (1), good (1), healthy (2), means (1), overpowered (1), prevailing (1), strong enough (3), unable* (2).

Who 'prevailed' not? Michael and his angels or the dragon and his angels? Let's see... Michael begins this war yet 'who' is it that 'prevails' not? Or who is it that becomes 'unable', 'strong enough', 'who had 'been' able'... who is it that 'could' but no longer 'can', or who is it that is not of 'health', 'means', 'good'; but is overpowered, prevailed over, unable to .. against?

The one(s) who began the 'war' or the one who 'defended' against the 'war'?

But.... who was 'seen' as very 'combative', very 'engaging'? Who was seen as very 'energized', as if by God? Michael or the dragon?

But who was it that began this 'war', again? So who would be the 'wrongful' one? The one who began this 'war' or the one who 'defended' against this war?

And to 'what or whom' was no place found for in heaven?

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

'Whose' place?

'their' place...

846. autos

accompanied* (2), agree* (1), anyone (1), both* (1), city (2), even (1), here* (1), herself (5), himself (83), itself (7), just (1), lies (1), like (1), like-minded (1), money (1), myself (10), number (1), one (1), one's (2), other (1), ourselves (8), own (2), part (1), people (1), person (1), personally (1), righteousness (1), same (59), same things (4), same way (1), selves (1), sight (1), temple (1), theirs (3), themselves (23), there* (2), these (1), these things (2), this (1), those (2), together* (8), very (17), very one (1), very thing (4), well (1), who (3), whose (2), whose* (1), women (1), yourself (3), yourselves (14), yourselves* (3).

well, maybe the 'ones' who had a 'regard' to the things of 'heaven' but after this 'warring' with Michael 'lost strength/vigor/did not prevail/was not strong enough'... to remain... and so 'no they were no longer 'found' in heaven... which they 'formerly' were.

• Banned
1228 diábolos (from 1225 /diabállō, "to slander, accuse, defame") – properly, a slanderer; a false accuser; unjustly criticizing to hurt (malign) and condemn to sever a relationship.

[1228 (diábolos) is the root of the English word, "Devil" (see also Webster's Dictionary).

1228 (diabolos) in secular Greek means "backbiter," i.e. an accuser, calumniator (slanderer). 1228 (diábolos) is literally someone who "casts through," i.e. making charges that bring down (destroy). Satan is used by God in this plan – as a predictable wind-up toy, playing out his evil nature.]

metaphorically, to lead away from the truth, to lead into error, to deceive:
to be led into error (R. V. be led astray):

3625 oikouménē (from 3611 /oikéō, "to inhabit, dwell") – the inhabited earth, i.e. all people living on the inhabited globe.

the inhabited earth;

whole, complete
NASB Translation
all (49), all all (1), completely (1), entire (5), entirely (1), full (1), one piece (1), throughout (1), whole (49), wholly (1).

all, altogether, whole.

A primary word; "whole" or "all", i.e. Complete (in extent, amount, time or degree), especially (neuter) as noun or adverb -- all, altogether, every whit, + throughout, whole.

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Who is this that was cast out into the earth?

Those who were of Michael or those who were of the 'dragon', of those who had formerly had 'regards' to Heaven previously?

• Banned
Question..

If a person came to you and said that the name Michael was first used to denote a son in the Tribe of Asher and not of any 'holy angel', and if that person told you to not 'follow' the voice of Michael, the 'angel', and if that person told you that that 'Michael' voice was not a 'holy angel' voice, would you believe that person or would that person be seen as 'deceptive' to you?

Now is a person came to you and said to follow that voice of 'Michael', would that person be deceiving to tell you to follow an 'angel' or a 'Michael'?

So if you did not follow the 'voice' of Michael, would you be of the 'dragon' side?

• Banned
So, let's see again..

Who began the 'war'?

And who is it that is being 'seen' as being uncivil when any defense is done?

So if Michael and '''his''' angels started the 'war', could they have 'weapons' to use which others might not be 'aware' of but only to 'themselves', which they know very well causes angst and provocations???

This is why Mental Hospitals need reopened. OP is most likely not violent at all.

But there should be a place for him.

I'm watching Buddy Epson right now, and the Grunions are coming! Granny is ready.

Ellie Mae done captured one!

This is why Mental Hospitals need reopened. OP is most likely not violent at all.

BTW, don't you ever sleep?

Only when I gotta, and it's from 4-6 hrs at a time.

I woke up @ 4:30 this AM, saw the pilot of Barnaby Jones! :113:
Yesterday I installed a suspended 4' x 7' lumber rack in the garage then this old man thought he had enough oompf to install the 4' x 8' raised platform in the garage........ Got it done but putting the OSB "flooring" up one top was almost more than I could handle and completely wiped me out, all of this plus moving stuff out of the way so I could install these items to put the stuff on........ The ibuprofen wore off around 4 AM and I went to sleep around 1 AM......

BTW, don't you ever sleep?

Only when I gotta, and it's from 4-6 hrs at a time.

I woke up @ 4:30 this AM, saw the pilot of Barnaby Jones! :113:
Yesterday I installed a suspended 4' x 7' lumber rack in the garage then this old man thought he had enough oompf to install the 4' x 8' raised platform in the garage........ Got it done but putting the OSB "flooring" up one top was almost more than I could handle and completely wiped me out, all of this plus moving stuff out of the way so I could install these items to put the stuff on........ The ibuprofen wore off around 4 AM and I went to sleep around 1 AM......

Me and my partner wore ourselves out Sunday. I went to bed and slept good that night. By the time we got done, I had nothing left.

Go out and party? Go fuck yourself!

Forum List

Back