First Time:US the Dictatorship.

Do YOU think we should become a dictatorship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aren't all governments dictatorships? I've never been polled or asked to vote on a federal law, have you? :)

Do you vote?

No. ...

Then shut the fuck up. You have forfeited any say in such matters. Just sit down, shut up, and do as you're told. You know that you will no matter what you post here.

I earned my right to my opinion serving in the Navy. Since you didn't know that from this one thread I wont literarily rip your head off.

Aren't all governments dictatorships? I've never been polled or asked to vote on a federal law, have you? :)

Do you vote?

No. ...

Then shut the fuck up. You have forfeited any say in such matters. Just sit down, shut up, and do as you're told. You know that you will no matter what you post here.

I earned my right to my opinion serving in the Navy. Since you didn't know that from this one thread I wont literarily rip your head off.

Taking a cruise on the government dime doesn't earn you points with me.

Do you vote?

No. ...

I earned my right to my opinion serving in the Navy.

And then you deliberately threw it away. Poor choice.

Argueing about it would go off-topic.

There is nothing to argue about. You deliberately threw away your voice in our civic process. Your choice.

"I will not vote Democrat or Republican, I do not negotiate with terrorists."

I love the sig line! and NO its not a throw away vote to indeed vote for the NOT a Democrat & NOT a Republican and in fact its the right thing to do. for over a century the two parties have had a strangle-hold on American Politics, its about time we change that. Lets have some of that CHANGE, yes .... change U can believe in!

There is nothing to argue about. You deliberately threw away your voice in our civic process. Your choice.

I love the sig line! and NO its not a throw away vote to indeed vote for the NOT a Democrat & NOT a Republican and in fact its the right thing to do. for over a century the two parties have had a strangle-hold on American Politics, its about time we change that. Lets have some of that CHANGE, yes .... change U can believe in!

For the record, this is not a sock. lol

For the record, this is not a sock. lol

Don't mind me, I'm just the character who was thrown out of Chemistry for being a FREE RADICAL .......

Hello. I am new to this site, so I'm not exactly sure what to post, or what not to. I feel half afraid of it really. But here I go anyways. I'll admit it, I am young, but I still have opinions. This essay ( and I should probably use the word loosely!) is my first. Please, criticize to your hearts content.

Have you ever thought "Our nation is just falling imbehind." or " Our leaders arent helping us out!"? If not, you probably should! I believe the U.S government should become a dictatorship. Why? Because A. Throughout history, many a democracy has been proven to be slow and weak. B. Not all dictatorships in history have been bad, even though many have been. And finally, C. Under a dictatorship, we could rise to be a stronger global power!

My first reason is the point that many democratic governments are slow and weak. Our (US) government is democratic, and right now congress has over 9,000+ laws, acts, and other things sitting on their plate waiting. They are going VERY slowly. Second, Politicions may be looking to cover their behinds when they read over a law or act that could be beneficial to other cititzens, but not so to them, so they may not bring it up at all! Finally, democracy as a whole could cause the fall of our nation, because when things get tied up, things move slowly, and they may be to slow to act against an internal or external threat to the nation!

My second reason is that while many were AND still are, not all dictatorships are bad, with the right leadership that is. For example, look at Napolean Bonaparte or Julius Caeser. Both were loved by the people, and they also expanded their respective empires, France and Rome, to never before seen limits for them! A good leader could also be found if the one we did install became inadequate, or a leader could even be bred from birth to be a great dictator that is bothloved and powerful enough. Again, Finally, Dictatorships throughout history have been known to be THE quickest government to react to the events.

My third and final reason is that if we become a dictatorship, we could rise in power in the world. Again, looking at Napolean or Julius as an example, before they came to power their respective countries were not as strong, and therefore not as good a power in the world, BUT when they came to power, France and Rome expanded their lands, economies, and other aspects of their lives by many fold! Also, if we became stronger in the world, other countries may not be so eager to hurt or try to hurt our people. And if we become a strong nation, we will then have the power to help our allies in the world, probably improving their lives for the better, and they could help us if we ever needed it.

So, in conclusion, I believe that we (US) should become a dictatorship because Democracy is slow and weak, not all the dictatorships in the world are bad, and that we could rise to become a stronger global power!

-Thobbs

Your essay is better written than most on this site could conjure up. Democracies are slow and weak, and often turn to dictatorial powers in time of emergency. The biggest problem they face is trying to rein in that power after the emergency has passed. That is why Winston Churchill said that democracy is the worst from of government, except for all the others.

Forum List

Back