First Thoughts: Damaged goods?

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Four in 10 of all adults say the Republican nominating process has given them a less favorable impression of the GOP, versus just 12% with a more favorable opinion. Additionally, asked to describe the nominating battle in a word or phrase, 69% of respondents (including 63% of independents and even 56% of Republicans) answered with a negative comment. Some of the examples from Republicans: “Unenthusiastic,” “discouraged,” “lesser of two evils,” “painful,” and disappointed.”

First Read - First Thoughts: Damaged goods?

Article is stupid:
If you're a Republican reading our latest NBC/WSJ poll, there’s one immediate conclusion: This Republican nominating season, which holds 11 Super Tuesday contests tomorrow, needs to come to an end -- ASAP.

No, I want to be able to cast my ballot and not have other states/people decide my candidate alone. Sorry people hate the democracy and are too emotionally immature to let the process play out.

And that’s probably why more members of the GOP establishment, including Eric Cantor and Tom Coburn, are endorsing front-runner Mitt Romney.

Ah, and there is the crux of it. The establishment tells us we're too tired of it and need to come together for their chosen candidate. How convenient.

Here is my thought on why people didn't like the nominating season: because BY AND LARGE THE CHOICES SUCKED.

Last edited:
Seems to me I remember a knock down drag out in 2008 between all the Dems running and a real blood letting between Barry and Hilary.

Kinda funny when its the GOP its a clusterfuck and when its the Dems its the "process."

Four in 10 of all adults say the Republican nominating process has given them a less favorable impression of the GOP, versus just 12% with a more favorable opinion. Additionally, asked to describe the nominating battle in a word or phrase, 69% of respondents (including 63% of independents and even 56% of Republicans) answered with a negative comment. Some of the examples from Republicans: “Unenthusiastic,” “discouraged,” “lesser of two evils,” “painful,” and disappointed.”

First Read - First Thoughts: Damaged goods?

The polls are tight still. The race to the finish line hasn't even begun. I'm thrilled with the length of the process for two reasons.

First is that we vetted our own. Even though it's been down and dirty for some time now, these men are fighting for the top job in the nation.

And I have preferred our candidates vetting each other than the slash and burn job that the DNC will be prepared to do on the final candidate.

Second is that if Romney does take the nomination, no one on earth could ever ever try to say he was the King in waiting.

Whoever comes out of this "Republican Royal Rumble" will have truly won their belt to be the nominee.

Santorum to his credit has brought the discussion to the President and his policies vs. his primary opponents. Romney seems to be shifting in this direction as well.
The rest are just taking up space.

Forum List

Back