First they came for the billionaires...

Employers will pay as little as they can possibly get away with.
Of course they pay as little as possible, moron. They're in business to make money, not to make you rich.

I didn't stay in any one place long, I moved back to the U.S. and moved to several different states - each time the employer knew that I was in a disadvantaged position and had to accept whatever they offered.
And whose fault is that? Why would an employer pay you any more than they had to, knowing you were just gonna quit after a few months? Again, they're in business to make money, not waste it.

Surprisingly employers don't hire job hoppers, an employee has to stick it out for a year or so before job hopping.
Why is that surprising?

Your concept of the employment market is totally false - there's not always a competitor next store looking to hire - especially in the manufacturing sector where employers are desperate to hold down wages and salaries.
If people are willing to work for less money than you are, why should the employer hire you over them? If you can't live on what the market in your chosen industry dictates, maybe you chose the wrong industry.

I know that you like to project myths that justify the 'market value' basis for wages and salaries, but those are just myths.
No, I just live in the real world.

Thanks, you just affirmed everything I was saying...perhaps you should have reviewed the discussion prior to posting.

It's bigrebnc1775 that says employer pay employees according the the value of their productivity.

Thanks again!

demcaps5jul.jpg

Of course they pay as little as possible, moron. They're in business to make money, not to make you rich.

I didn't stay in any one place long, I moved back to the U.S. and moved to several different states - each time the employer knew that I was in a disadvantaged position and had to accept whatever they offered.
And whose fault is that? Why would an employer pay you any more than they had to, knowing you were just gonna quit after a few months? Again, they're in business to make money, not waste it.

Surprisingly employers don't hire job hoppers, an employee has to stick it out for a year or so before job hopping.
Why is that surprising?

Your concept of the employment market is totally false - there's not always a competitor next store looking to hire - especially in the manufacturing sector where employers are desperate to hold down wages and salaries.
If people are willing to work for less money than you are, why should the employer hire you over them? If you can't live on what the market in your chosen industry dictates, maybe you chose the wrong industry.

I know that you like to project myths that justify the 'market value' basis for wages and salaries, but those are just myths.

Thanks, you just affirmed everything I was saying...perhaps you should have reviewed the discussion prior to posting.

It's bigrebnc1775 that says employer pay employees according the the value of their productivity.

Thanks again!
And he's right, they pay them according to the value of their productivity, which is probably why you don't make much. Even if you were skilled, an employer isn't obligated to pay you more than you're willing to accept.

Why is that surprising?

Thanks again!
And he's right, they pay them according to the value of their productivity, which is probably why you don't make much. Even if you were skilled, an employer isn't obligated to pay you more than you're willing to accept.

If employers paid people according to the value of their productivity, it would not be profitable to employ them.

You're right, according to the law an employer isn't obligated to pay more than you will accept - which creates a huge gap between the value of an employee's productivity and what they are paid.

No employer ever limited his demands for worker's productivity because he wasn't paying them enough.

If employers paid people according to the value of their productivity, it would not be profitable to employ them.
Your opinion, but most employees think they're worth more than they really are. If someone else is just as talented as you (or more), and is willing to take less, why should the employer pay you more? They're under no obligation to pay anyone more than the market dictates.
I used to think the same way you do, that I wasn't being paid what I was worth, until I went into business for myself and had employees. Now I can see why employers aren't willing to pay more than they have to, most employees are flakes. It's a numbers game, you have to go through 20 shitballs before you find one decent one. I won't waste money on a shitball. If the employee proves his worth, I will pay him more because I will make more money by having him. An employer who exploits a good employee will not stay in business long. You may have had a few like that.

Forum List

Back