First the Navy not rdy to fight..now the Army

Department of Defense
http://archive.defense.gov/pubs/150...ions-of-climate-change.pdf?source=govdelivery
Just as happened within NASA, as well. And we all know the NSF, and all of its other depts have been doing so for years.. I am sure there are other areas it has happened I am not aware of. The climate people have been making a killing off we, the people, through the USGovt.

You all do realize that a good chunk of the dod budget was being diverted to climate change, correct?

Well that needs to cease immediately if that's the case.

Department of Defense
http://archive.defense.gov/pubs/150...ions-of-climate-change.pdf?source=govdelivery
Just as happened within NASA, as well. And we all know the NSF, and all of its other depts have been doing so for years.. I am sure there are other areas it has happened I am not aware of. The climate people have been making a killing off we, the people, through the USGovt.

You all do realize that a good chunk of the dod budget was being diverted to climate change, correct?

22k is chump change...

Much more than that was going to it. Always read the fine print.
Department of Defense

22k is chump change...

I find it hard to justify that our military does not have enough funding

The U.S. spends 43 cents out of every defense dollar in the world. How can that not be enough?

chart-military-global-spending.png
Part of that chart is not an apples to apples, for instance, do you think China and Russia are paying the outrageous markups for equipment we are....I highly doubt it. Hopefully Trump and Mattis have only just begun to tackle the waste in procurement.
Russia has much more corruption than we do. China still lacks modern technology

Both have a primary mission of the military to keep their own people in line

I find it hard to justify that our military does not have enough funding

The U.S. spends 43 cents out of every defense dollar in the world. How can that not be enough?

chart-military-global-spending.png

You should see what they pay for hammers and wrenches and things. It's not right. $72 for a hammer.
We buy those things very cheaply. DoD insists on the lowest prices due to high volume

Department of Defense

22k is chump change...
Wanna point out what I missed?

That $22k was just for producing the report. Read again.

Department of Defense

22k is chump change...
Wanna point out what I missed?

Trump needs to drain the swamp and get rid of all those fat assed Admirals and Generals who put their names to junk that we don't need. The days of the gigantic ocean wars are over. A U.S. ship was almost sunk by a speedboat and ship captains have to get permission from the Pentagon today to fire a shot at suspected terrorists. Front line Soldiers are afraid to fire a shot because they might be indicted if a civilian gets in the way. We need to get some balls in the Army and Navy instead of building ships that we don't need and tying combat Troops hands behind their backs. It's no secret that Aircraft Carriers have become soap operas with sexual intrigue and all the Sailor babes who get tired of the Navy need to do is get pregnant and that leaves a job or maybe two if the male Sailor gets in trouble. Now they even have females on Submarines. I doubt if even President Trump can do anything about it though.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the last ships built are not worth the aluminum they were made from. We need some seaworthy ships.
Trump needs to drain the swamp and get rid of all those fat assed Admirals and Generals who put their names to junk that we don't need. The days of the gigantic ocean wars are over. A U.S. ship was almost sunk by a speedboat and ship captains have to get permission from the Pentagon to fire a shot at suspected terrorists. We need to get some balls in the Navy instead of building ships that we don't need.

Trump needs to drain the swamp and get rid of all those fat assed Admirals and Generals who put their names to junk that we don't need.
Do you know how long the time frame on US military procurement is for big ticket items? LCS came up through the pipe in the late 90s, there are no admirals and generals calling shots at the time still in the US military.

Trump needs to drain the swamp and get rid of all those fat assed Admirals and Generals who put their names to junk that we don't need.
Do you know how long the time frame on US military procurement is for big ticket items? LCS came up through the pipe in the late 90s, there are no admirals and generals calling shots at the time still in the US military.
You make my case. The fat assed Admirals and Generals in the Pentagon inherit the "big ticket item" cases but they ain't got a freaking clue. It's no secret that the CIA has taken responsibility for the military strategy in the long standing back water military adventures the U.S. is involved in. Times have changed since LBJ's war in Vietnam but the Pentagon still can't seem to figure out why we won every battle and still lost the freaking war. The Pentagon is another lagoon in the swamp that needs to be drained.

They have protected it when it should be cancelled for the failure it is

You guys are naive about how programs get protected, that comes as much from congress and political pressure than military officers in charge of procurement making decisions. You can't blame a general who is supposed to take orders from other generals who are in turn told what to do from civilian military leaders who bow to a legislature because parts and labor come from 40+ states.

Most bids on major programs have subcontractors in almost every state. That way, every congressman has some skin in the game

Forum List

Back