First Swiftboats Resurrected, Now Rathergate

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Links at site, as is the 'document':

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110008483

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    What ekllse is new? This, like so many other "stories" is another example of the liberal media "reporting" WHAT they want to haapen - not what happened

3. PsuedoGhost

PsuedoGhost Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    FFS, everyone does the same thing.

4. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Actually, that's not true.

The first website I go to every single day is this one:

http://home.iwon.com/?v=1

It's kind of like a Yahoo! wannabe site that has news from the AP, Reuters, all kinds of different sources. You can win $10,000 just by registering and reading the site. I've been reading it for almost 7 years and have never won anything, but what the hell. News is news, so I figure I might as well read it there. Maybe someday I will win the 10 grand.

There's a page at iwon called "Top Stories". When the memogate story first broke there were four different stories at iwon under the Top Stories banner. Four. All about the memos that "proved" George W. Bush was AWOL, incompetent, and that his service in the National Guard was a sham. Four.

When CBS News retracted the story about 10 days later, the only article about it was under the Entertainment banner, and the main gist of that story was about how it had damaged Dan Rathers career.

The media in this country is very liberal. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Just the treatment of the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth during the last election is proof of that. So is the way the media went after George W. Bush's military record, and totally ignored John Kerry's is proof of that.

They may all do the same thing. But they are certainly not treated the same by the media.

5. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

Look how the liberal media is now spiing the Dems loss in the Ca 50th

Before Tuesday, this was the election to watch. This election would show if the folks were mad at Republicans and if they go to the Dems. This election would tell us if the Dems will take back the House

Now, after Tuesday, well...... this really does not mean much. They expected they Republicans to hold the seat.

Libs are in mourning