first rocking horse for a little girl.....any hints

My daughter had a little wooden rocking horse....my niece and nephew had a giant wooden rocking horse that their grandfather made. It has had a LOT of kids on it through the years and it is indestructible. I'll ask my sis to take a pic. It's an appaloosa.

I hope that is a stuffed animal, KG. That baby is too young for a pony.
That's not stuffed. My babies were on horses before they could sit up. I loooooovvvveeee ponies and have known splendid ones.

I have a pic of my grandma on horseback in the late twenties/early thirties with a baby in a saddle bag.

My granddaughter will stay with her stuffed pony rocker until she is able to handle a live one (with our supervision). We're not in any hurry, KG. Baby steps.......

Last edited:
I have a pic of my grandma on horseback in the late twenties/early thirties with a baby in a saddle bag.

That is amazing. My grandmother did not ride horses. She never drove a car either. She never had a desire to get her license or drive a car.

That is amazing. My grandmother did not ride horses. She never drove a car either. She never had a desire to get her license or drive a car.
Grandma didn't drive, bu
My granddaughter will stay with her stuffed pony rocker until she is able to handle a live one (with our supervision). We're not in any hurry, KG. Baby steps.......
I took my five month old horse camping and trail riding. We always had ponies when they were little. Horses too. Not for a few years now though.

Forum List

Back