First Rifle

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
I have am pretty proficient with handguns, and I have some experience with a shotgun.

However, I have no experience with a rifle. I don't think I even ever shot one.

What would you guys suggest for a rifle type gun? I don't hunt.

My use would be for fun.

Get yourself something like .22 Savage. It won't break the bank, the ammunition's cheap and the recoil's very low compared to a full-bore rifle. In short, it's a good entry level weapon. And as Sunni Man said, plinking cans or taking small game is good practice, not to mention fun.

Pellet rifles are cheaper yet. Well, they can be expensive too but almost as fun.

Only the single-shot variety that you cock by breaking over your knee. Pellet guns that are more advanced than that (such as CO2 or pre-charged pneumatics) are often more expensive than a mid-range rimfire. Besides, I prefer to have a piece of brass ping from the breech on cocking, instead of having to break a comparatively weaker pellet gun (ballistically speaking) over your knee. Hang the expense and go for the .22 rimfire, CMike.

I agree with most on this thread. I'll go one farther and suggest a single shot bolt action with a decent scope. That was my first firearm at 9 years old. It'll teach you the importance of making every shot count.

I have am pretty proficient with handguns, and I have some experience with a shotgun.

My use would be for fun.

Browning 22

The ISSC MSR Mk22 SCAR

_scar_22lr_0203rg.jpg

Fully customizable at around $400 base price, fires 22 longrifle.

I agree with most on this thread. I'll go one farther and suggest a single shot bolt action with a decent scope. That was my first firearm at 9 years old. It'll teach you the importance of making every shot count.

one shot one kill

and if you're looking to eat

it carries wieght

~S~

My use would be for fun.

A price range would be good to know as well.

A .22LR bolt action would be best, with iron sights to learn with. Scope later.

I'm not sure I would have have as much fun with a .22.

Forum List

Back