First prize for hatred - how to blow up American Soldiers

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
OMG - I have a hard time believing some folks............jeesh...

First prize for hatred
22jul05

IT is not just mad sheiks who are rewarding youngsters who dream up fantasies of evil Americans and heroic suicide bombers.

Our taxpayer-funded Adult Multicultural Education Services does the same, funding a writer's prize for a schoolgirl's essay on blowing up American soldiers.
Mad, I know. But multiculturalism does mess with minds like that.

I won't mention the name of the self-described "South African Kiwi" girl who has just won the junior short story competition at the annual City of Greater Dandenong Adult Migrant Education Services awards, sponsored by AMES.

She is only 11, after all, and clearly has compassion, imagination and fine writing skills -- so much so that when she says she might like to become a journalist, I can assure her she'll fit right in.

What's more, she is writing fiction, not necessarily describing her personal views at all.

So my criticism is not of her, but of those who try to mould her mind, and those of other children in this suburb of many Muslim students, by giving this essay -- with this message -- a multicultural prize. Here are extracts of her story of a young Iraqi girl fleeing Baghdad:

I waken to the sounds of bombs. Women and children crying. Rubble. That is all there is to see.

Baghdad: once filled with beds of flowers and happy smiling faces. Now destroyed homes: destroyed families -- no peace, no hope ...

I miss my ma and papa so much. Images of their mangled bodies lying in pools of blood will never leave my mind ...

The back door opens. Two American soldiers. The enemy. The destroyers, who say they are here to save us. I hate the Americans ...

"Get them to the camp," the gruff one orders ...

A prisoner of war with nothing to live for except maybe to uphold the memories of my beloved Allah, my parents and my country.

To truly show the world what it means to be Muslim, I reach under my salwaar kameez and release the catch of dynamite strapped to my chest. Two minutes. Silence. THEN!!!!!

How powerful is war?

The Government pays AMES, which it set up, to run language classes for migrants. Now we find it, in the name of multiculturalism, funding a prize for an essay that glorifies hatred of America and portrays Iraqis not as people building a democracy, but as hate-filled Muslims blowing themselves up for Allah.

The child who wrote this has a brain and great promise. The adults petting her, though, I'm less sure about.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16006255^25717,00.html

Forum List

Back