First Preacher, now The Boys

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
The comic book series Preacher, by Garth Ennis, is being made into a TV series on AMC. I was very excited when I heard about it because it is a great series, although pretty extreme for some tastes.

Now I've read that another Ennis series, The Boys, is being made at Cinemax. This could, potentially, be better news. I think The Boys was perhaps a slightly better comic series and, although it's been years since I read them, I think it was a bit more graphic than Preacher as well. Having it on Cinemax would allow a lot of that to get into the series.

I'm hoping that making the series in a 'rated R' kind of setting will allow it to really flourish, a la Deadpool.

*crosses fingers*

‘The Boys’ Drama Based On Comic Book Set At Cinemax With Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Eric Kripke, Original Film & Sony

Must have been overseas when those comics were popular, never heard of them.

Good news tho,

Deadpool 2 is already in the works

Must have been overseas when those comics were popular, never heard of them.

Good news tho,

Deadpool 2 is already in the works

Neither series was directly under the major labels. Preacher was published by Vertigo, which is owned by DC but isn't regular DC. The Boys was published first by Wildstorm (which DC owned for part of its history), then by Dynamite.

The comic book series Preacher, by Garth Ennis, is being made into a TV series on AMC. I was very excited when I heard about it because it is a great series, although pretty extreme for some tastes.

Now I've read that another Ennis series, The Boys, is being made at Cinemax. This could, potentially, be better news. I think The Boys was perhaps a slightly better comic series and, although it's been years since I read them, I think it was a bit more graphic than Preacher as well. Having it on Cinemax would allow a lot of that to get into the series.

I'm hoping that making the series in a 'rated R' kind of setting will allow it to really flourish, a la Deadpool.

*crosses fingers*

‘The Boys’ Drama Based On Comic Book Set At Cinemax With Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Eric Kripke, Original Film & Sony
well if rogen and company fuck this up like he did the green hornet it may not be such a good thing....

*crosses fingers*

well if rogen and company fuck this up like he did the green hornet it may not be such a good thing....

I didn't mind Green Hornet, although I didn't have any previous experience with the comic.

Still, this is a different kind of comic, and Rogen isn't acting in either series. I'm not sure how much, if any, writing he will do, either. He is mostly or entirely a producer for these.

*crosses fingers*

I didn't mind Green Hornet, although I didn't have any previous experience with the comic.

Still, this is a different kind of comic, and Rogen isn't acting in either series. I'm not sure how much, if any, writing he will do, either. He is mostly or entirely a producer for these.
the Green Hornet wasnt a bumbling idiot like rogan made him....as far as the other shows?.....lets hope he isnt the show runner....

*crosses fingers*

the Green Hornet wasnt a bumbling idiot like rogan made him....as far as the other shows?.....lets hope he isnt the show runner....

Preacher is going to have Sam Catlin, a producer and writer on Breaking Bad. The Boys will have Eric Kripke, who created Supernatural.

I knew nothing of the comic book series. All of the names that have been mentioned in the OP and last 7 posts have no meaning to me either. I do know one thing about the "Preacher", I am hooked. I think it might be one of the best series going right now. Hopefully it will be successful and be around awhile...

*crosses fingers*

I have both of the Green Hornet serials, made in the 40s.

Rogans Hornet was a farce, just like the recent Lone Ranger castastrophe

I knew nothing of the comic book series. All of the names that have been mentioned in the OP and last 7 posts have no meaning to me either. I do know one thing about the "Preacher", I am hooked. I think it might be one of the best series going right now. Hopefully it will be successful and be around awhile...

It's actually quite a bit different from the comic.

I love Preacher. Unfortunately the season is over. :(

There will be a season 2, though. They might have decided that before they even started airing season 1. :p

I know. I heard it didn't do that great in the ratings. I thought it was pretty cool. I love Cassidy. He's my favorite character.

For being on AMC the ratings may have been enough to bring on season 2... I enjoy the soundtrack also... :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Forum List

Back