First polling showing Majority now support gay marriage

Yes technically the Bible was written by man, "about" God and the life and times of his son Jesus Christ. Therein even is the "word of God." That debate could take years... :redface:

As far as declining morals, I don't know what else to call it. I remember old shows like "I Dream of Jeannie," and back then Barbara Eden couldn't even show her navel. I remember Elvis Presley being on the Ed Sullivan Show, and they wouldn't show him below the waist because they felt his hip gyrations were too provocative. Now I don't think seeing Barbara Eden's navel or Elvis' hip gyrations were all that bad, and your notion that it's just getting rid of bad morals could apply. Another example of change can be going back to the pilgrim days of America, not hardly 150 years ago, girls as young as 12 and 13 used to get married and start a family. We regressed from that, and are on way back again. I guess we can throw into the mix cultures like the American Indians. They didn't necessarily believe in "God" before the white man came along, but they did have a very structured society with rules that pertained to morality. So... I don't know... things change. Some things you may agree with, some not. Such is life.

The showing the naval thing is exactly what I'm seeing, on a wider scale.

I know some of the things that were "bad" before and are "accepted" now are harder to explain away as no big deal: like musicians Rapping about slicing throats. I'd be hard-pressed to explain why that's acceptable: but it's just a feeling I guess. Maybe it doesn't trouble me because it's more "watering down" of those words I felt were stupidly labeled "bad," and that's why I like it......as an "in your face" sort of thing. Then, some idiots actually listen to the messages and live-up to the uh.....lyrics, thinking it's cool. That's a good question of: censorship vs. "too easily influenced people"

Sex is a whole nother...........uhh.....twat. It's a twat because it's hard to explain away. I find sex to be harmless, awesome, and so I've no problem seeing hoobies on TV. But the other side, again, is influence. I don't want to have a daughter some day, who is too impressionable, and think it's ok to be a slut. What a twat subject. "Twat?"

Gay marriage, though, I can't argue for that being "immoral" without resorting to Religion, and Religion, to me, doesn't have a place in a "free" society in determining law. I don't see how it's a bad influence because gay vs. not gay came "natural" to me, like, I like women chemically.........................I got a boner and nobody told me to.

The word.......Marriage................itself.....................I mean, that seems like a "posessive" argument, being being "posessive" is greedy, at its roots. So, if you're all posessive over a "word" (that's MINE MINE MINE and YOU can't have it!!!)and someone "taking it over!??!?!?!" ........... My advice straight out of the Bible................would be to "know what's in your heart, and let others do the same"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back