First polling showing Majority now support gay marriage

I still don't get it. Why would anyone be opposed to gay marriage? How does it affect anyone elses life?

I mean, I am a conservative on most things, but my premise is "you do as you please, I do as I please".....

I dont know. Call me naive. I dont get it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I still don't get it. Why would anyone be opposed to gay marriage? How does it affect anyone elses life?

I mean, I am a conservative on most things, but my premise is "you do as you please, I do as I please".....

Totally my take.

And thank goodness we don't have simple majority rule in this country... or law based on a small sample poll

I am against gay marriage... and always will be.. but I am also one that thinks the government should be out of the marriage business all together... treat everyone equally in terms of taxation, inheritance, power of attorney for family, etc... but get the hell out of marriage licenses... leave marriage back to the religious institutions....

As for pot... will continue to be against that as well... as I will be with other illegal drugs

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
*CNN* poll aye... nothing biased about that... :eusa_hand:

Yes, you're right.

They waited until Thursday, August 12th of 2010 to release these phony results, and never thought to do it before. As perfect time as ever to advance their top secret gay-loving agenda!

And thank goodness we don't have simple majority rule in this country... or law based on a small sample poll

I am against gay marriage... and always will be.. but I am also one that thinks the government should be out of the marriage business all together... treat everyone equally in terms of taxation, inheritance, power of attorney for family, etc... but get the hell out of marriage licenses... leave marriage back to the religious institutions....

As for pot... will continue to be against that as well... as I will be with other illegal drugs

Thanks for the valuable input. *I* didn't SAY we have simple majority rule......Conservatives did.................for Healthcare debate.....and for Gays in Cally.

It's mostly the older generations who are homophobic. While I myself am in the older category, and while I've never understood same sex attraction, I too always figured it was none of my business what went on between consenting adults. Over the years, I've known enough opposite sex marriages that were far more dangerous to familial stability, for sure.

Thanks for the valuable input. *I* didn't SAY we have simple majority rule......Conservatives did.................for Healthcare debate.....and for Gays in Cally.

No.. most CONSERVATIVES said it was not something within the enumerated powers of the constitution... and that entitlement, hand holding, and giving you what you want for personal needs is not the job of government

If I may....

Is it gay marriage you are against or "being gay" you are against?

I mean, what difference does it make to you if two men live together as a couple compared to two men living together as a married couple.

I am not gay and to be frank, I dont understand how one man is attracted to another. But then again, I do not understand how my brother is attracted to his wife....but whatever on that..

But I do not understand how one can be against gay marriage if they are not against gay relationships.

On a side not.....I LOVE girl on girl stuff......but that is not gay...that is just plain old happy stuff :eusa_angel:

I agree DD, as do most conservatives...

poll1h.jpg

But, let the chips fall where they may. Times change, and people are getting more immoral all the time. God and Christianity have been taking a beating in the last decade.

But wait until all those open armed liberals are met with Sharia law once the muslims get a strong hold on American culture, and start talking about beheading the homos, let alone being against homo marriage. Oh boy, won't we have fun then.

No.. most CONSERVATIVES said it was not something within the enumerated powers of the constitution... and that entitlement, hand holding, and giving you what you want for personal needs is not the job of government

Bullshit, the "doing something against the will of the American people is wrong" montra was played ad nauseum....and pretending it wasn't is not reality.

If I may....

I mean, what difference does it make to you if two men live together as a couple compared to two men living together as a married couple.

I am not gay and to be frank, I dont understand how one man is attracted to another. But then again, I do not understand how my brother is attracted to his wife....but whatever on that..

But I do not understand how one can be against gay marriage if they are not against gay relationships.

On a side not.....I LOVE girl on girl stuff......but that is not gay...that is just plain old happy stuff :eusa_angel:

I am against Gay marriage... and while I may not agree with the gay lifestyle choice, if 2 guys or 2 girls wish to bonk each other and live together as a family, so be it.. they are free to do so in a free society

pot is less dangerous than alcohol

being "against pot" is like being against chocolate
or coffee

I consider anyone who opposes legalization of pot to be a deranged lunatic

Bullshit, the "doing something against the will of the American people is wrong" montra was played ad nauseum....and pretending it wasn't is not reality.

By some... not by all... I am against it because it is not the job of our constitutional government set up to take care of your personal needs for you

Homosexuals can already GET MARRIED.

man to woman

woman to man.

why do they need special treatment for their sexual preference?

Last edited:
*CNN* poll aye... nothing biased about that... :eusa_hand:

Yes, you're right.

They waited until Thursday, August 12th of 2010 to release these phony results, and never thought to do it before. As perfect time as ever to advance their top secret gay-loving agenda!

Sarcasm noted, as is the fact you had no defense to the point.

Yes, CNN is an ultra liberal propaganda outlet, and yes, they are helping in advancing the homosexual agenda.

If I may....

I am against Gay marriage... and while I may not agree with the gay lifestyle choice, if 2 guys or 2 girls wish to bonk each other and live together as a family, so be it.. they are free to do so in a free society

What is it about the "marriage" part of it?

The "mis-use" of the word marriage or the mis-use of the traditional ceremony of marriage.

Again, I am lost on this subject. I have no issue with gay marriage whatsoever.....and I just dont see how it would affect you personally.

Forum List

Back