First person to find this

It's only stealing it if you use it to profit without consent from the owner of the rights to the music.

There's nothing wrong with using an instrumental to just play around with in your house.
Odd, since I see videos being yanked all the time from YouTube because the poster didn't own the work.

Wonder why that happens, if it's not stealing? :confused:

You don't know the difference between using someone's music at your house just to play around with, and broadcasting someone's work over the internet?

GT posts his music at soundclick.com. Their policy on copyrighted material is the same as youtube. You can make your own cover tracks all you want, just don't post it on the internet.

I haven't yet seen GT say he wanted that instrumental to make a cover track that he was going to post online.
So this statement of yours:
It's only stealing it if you use it to profit without consent from the owner of the rights to the music.​
...was wrong?

Eminem is the GOAT of this whole Rap shit. That sort of hurts Pale's little shpeal and all but hey!~

Paulie, the New Llyod Banks drops Monday. Hunger for More II.

#1 was a classic bone cruise album.

GOAT?

Bring it down to an over-analytical nerdy white boy level...

Eminem is the GOAT of this whole Rap shit. That sort of hurts Pale's little shpeal and all but hey!~

Paulie, the New Llyod Banks drops Monday. Hunger for More II.

#1 was a classic bone cruise album.

GOAT?

GOAT is a slang way of saying.....The Messiah, or something similar.

Odd, since I see videos being yanked all the time from YouTube because the poster didn't own the work.

You don't know the difference between using someone's music at your house just to play around with, and broadcasting someone's work over the internet?

GT posts his music at soundclick.com. Their policy on copyrighted material is the same as youtube. You can make your own cover tracks all you want, just don't post it on the internet.

I haven't yet seen GT say he wanted that instrumental to make a cover track that he was going to post online.
It's only stealing it if you use it to profit without consent from the owner of the rights to the music.​
...was wrong?

GT's soundclick is all original music so nobody has to worry about anything, sheesh.

GOAT?

Ahhh. OK.

Radioman, how do you feel about the 1st song on my page. It's only a chorus right now, I was throwing it up for other emcees to get on it and if I like their part I'll keep it, if not no.

Also need a hand, because this has been bugging me. The second time the hook plays through, I can't tell if I pasted it a few milliseconds too soon, or if it's too late.

Ahhh. OK.

Radioman, how do you feel about the 1st song on my page. It's only a chorus right now, I was throwing it up for other emcees to get on it and if I like their part I'll keep it, if not no.

Also need a hand, because this has been bugging me. The second time the hook plays through, I can't tell if I pasted it a few milliseconds too soon, or if it's too late.

Give me a few. I'm busy cutting commercials. I'll get back to you in the next hour or so.

...was wrong?

If you want to get into semantics, then yes, I suppose it was.

I personally make a distinction between stealing and using without consent.

If I make a cover track and post it online without actually trying to sell it, you might consider that stealing, but I don't. A lot of musicians simply want to be credited in that case.

If I make a cover and try to sell the track, I would consider that stealing because I'm benefitting financially from someone else's intellectual property.

Maybe you aren't aware of mixtapes. Mixtapes typically contain a large portion of sampled and covered music. For this reason, mixtapes are not legally authorized to be sold for profit. Mixtapes are given away for free by DJ's and mixtape organizations, and a price you pay is for shipping and sometimes to cover the cost of CD jewel cases.

The mixtape business is completely legal.

Ahhh. OK.

Give me a few. I'm busy cutting commercials. I'll get back to you in the next hour or so.

Works for me!~

I'll be home all night, I'm hosting the UFC pay-per-view.

Ahhh. OK.

I'll check it right quick.

You don't quantize your audio tracks when you sequence the mix? It's the fool-proof way of getting timing right.

...was wrong?

If I make a cover track and post it online without actually trying to sell it, you might consider that stealing, but I don't. A lot of musicians simply want to be credited in that case.

If I make a cover and try to sell the track, I would consider that stealing because I'm benefitting financially from someone else's intellectual property.

Maybe you aren't aware of mixtapes. Mixtapes typically contain a large portion of sampled and covered music. For this reason, mixtapes are not legally authorized to be sold for profit. Mixtapes are given away for free by DJ's and mixtape organizations, and a price you pay is for shipping and sometimes to cover the cost of CD jewel cases.

And most Rappers don't sue anyways. Most.

50's whole Demo was sold in the Streets of South Side Queens and he jacked beats from industry heads, including NAS.

Today, he makes bank.

Ahhh. OK.

I'll check it right quick.

You don't quantize your audio tracks when you sequence the mix? It's the fool-proof way of getting timing right.

I don't even know what that means.

The first one is my live cut, the rest are pastes. The first one I know is on point, the rest are iffy. It might be the beat itself changed something subtle and it's just fucking with my ear, I can usually paste my hooks fine.

...was wrong?

GT's soundclick is all original music so nobody has to worry about anything, sheesh.
I am amazingly not worried.

...was wrong?

I am amazingly not worried.

You just tossing 2 cents here and there out of boredom? I can relate to that. I do it all of the time.

So if I take your car, drive it for a week, then put it back in your driveway, I didn't steal it? :lol:

Yes, I know how music business works. I sometimes wonder, though, if all the music that can be written HAS been written.

Dude, I don't know, I don't think I hear a timing issue on the 2nd chorus.

But since I was listening and TRYING to find something, I suppose I would say if anything, it's a tick or two early.

Dude, I don't know, I don't think I hear a timing issue on the 2nd chorus.

But since I was listening and TRYING to find something, I suppose I would say if anything, it's a tick or two early.

I think the beat might be doing something different for that second one and fucking with us. It doesn't pop like the 1st one or something strange. I really need to find out what it is, this track is going to be EPIC.

ETA: I'm not decided if I'm singing the whole track, or doing some rapping on it.

So if I take your car, drive it for a week, then put it back in your driveway, I didn't steal it? :lol:

I'm not really sure that's a good analogy. If I was trying to sell my car and wanted some exposure around town, and by taking my car for a joyride it got attention and got it sold, I'd probably end up thanking you in the end. :thup:

Forum List

Back