First Nazi Bank

Tom Sweetnam

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2014
8000' up in the san juan mountain foothills
Do you think Nazi symbolism should be removed from places like The First Nazi Bank in Cairo, Nebraska?

First Nazi Bank.jpg

I can find your image nowhere else on the web. There seems to be not one single google image search result for swastika windows bank Cairo, Nebraska containing an image remotely similar. Please source your image.

Cairo, Nebraska, as I said. Cairo was right on the fringe of Ute territory. The building was a bank constructed in the 19th century. The swastika was a sacred symbol to the Utes, thus its use by the bank was a symbol of respect to Native Americans long before Hitler ever got off on his tangent. BTW I probably have 80,000 photos you won't find anywhere except on the 28 hard drrives where I have them stored. I took every last one...including the one in the OP...and this one too.

Joe, Joe, & Joe.jpg

Last edited:
Only, it's not a Hakenkreuz (Swastika) in the sense that you want to present it. The Nazi's tipped the symbol 45 degrees:

rkfl.jpg

In fact, the ancient Hakenkreuze were supposed to be symbols of healing. And the very first such symbols were reverse of the symbol you showed.

That being said, considering the overwhelming association to Nazism that this symbol has earned, it would probably be better to not show it at all.

But I can tell you right now that were Germans to go by that bank, they would say automatically (and correctly so) that the symbol is not the same symbol that became the Nazi symbol, because it is not tilted 45 degrees.

And remember, I'm a Jew. If there is any people in the world who hates the fucked-up Nazi symbol the most, it's us Jews. But it's a matter of discernment. Learn to discern.

Personally I don't find the old bank's windows offensive in the least. They were included as a show of respect to the indigenous people of the area where the building was constructed...back in about 1890. But thanks for all the apeshit kneejerks boys. Iconography really is a powerful thing, yes? Almost as ugly as one of Old Fool's
hemorrhoid flareups.

Personally I don't find the old bank's windows offensive in the least. They were included as a show of respect to the indigenous people of the area where the building was constructed...back in about 1890. But thanks for all the apeshit kneejerks boys. Iconography really is a powerful thing, yes? Almost as ugly as one of Old Fool's
hemorrhoid flareups.

Oh, so you deliberately designed a thread with the goal of trolling. Got it. Color me totally surprised.

Forum List

Back