First Nations Are At It Again, Free Ride On Tax Payers

David Jeffrey Spetch

Nov 17, 2014
First Nations Are At It Again, Free Ride On Tax Payers

I was watching C-Pac this morning between 6 and 7 am when I saw the First Nations at it again in Ottawa and I will say this:

How many ways are the First Nations people going too try and skirt around, while avoiding the fact that the First Nations people living on reserves don't pay the Canadian government taxes for governing services. Their ancestors chose land because they wanted to chief themselves. Now their ancestors expect to keep their land, but seem to keep expecting Canadian tax payers to fund them chiefing themselves instead of coming to the reality that the way government works is that you pay taxes to get the services!

Just because some First Nations people live off reserve and pay property taxes for the education their children receive, doesn't mean that Canadian tax payers deserve to flip the bill for the reserves to have schools on the tax payers expense. Once the First Nations on the reserves start paying taxes towards the government of Canada then I do not see why not we can start creating a new significant part of Canada as well migrating First Nations into Canadian governing as another strong presence within the ranks of Canadian governing that may help us all prosper as a country if we start working together.

Sure it is nice for First Nations children to get an education, so start paying for it with taxes as Canada.

Whether or not First Nations will bring aboriginal standards up to the rest of Canadians isn't even an issue until they start paying taxes like the rest of Canadian tax payers as a part of Canada.

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. be good, be strong!
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Canadian-Flag-Leaves-Board.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back