First Muslim College Opens in CA

Nothing wrong with that Bodacea. But why not call it what it is? Why the spin by NPR? Apparently there is already an accredited Muslim college in Chicago that's been around for years. Things that make you go "hmmmm".

No math and science? Another Bible school, only a different Bible.

Whether it be Christians or Muslims, Jesus, protect us from your followers.

Nothing to see here folks, just more fear mongering from Chanel.

By the way Chanel, I noticed you never showed back up in your SEIU thread after I proved it to be a myth. Don't want to face the fact that you're a fear monger?

You'd be amazed at the fly by night places that call themselves colleges or universities but are not accredited, or when you look at their "accreditation" it's a cheesy little nonprofit the owners/founders opened on the side. They come in all denominations and none at all, folks.

If you're not sure, find out if the "college" qualifies for Federally guaranteed student aid - such as Stafford loans or Pell grants. If it does, look for its Big 6 accreditation or alternatively, dig through the alphabet soup of the various religious accreditation agencies and try to figure out if it's conforming to a standard that meets your educational standards. If it doesn't qualify for Federal student aid, don't bother and run like hell.

Well, I must say...I worked in my yard off and on all day while thinking about this muslim school and I must admit I am now TOTALLY OUTRAGED!!!

You'd be amazed at the fly by night places that call themselves colleges or universities but are not accredited, or when you look at their "accreditation" it's a cheesy little nonprofit the owners/founders opened on the side. They come in all denominations and none at all, folks.

If you're not sure, find out if the "college" qualifies for Federally guaranteed student aid - such as Stafford loans or Pell grants. If it does, look for its Big 6 accreditation or alternatively, dig through the alphabet soup of the various religious accreditation agencies and try to figure out if it's conforming to a standard that meets your educational standards. If it doesn't qualify for Federal student aid, don't bother and run like hell.
To be fair, the school isn't advertising itself as accredited...it states on their website that they are trying to become accredited.

To be fair, the school isn't advertising itself as accredited...it states on their website that they are trying to become accredited.

Does it say with whom? I'm on the site and can't find the accreditation info.

As long as everybody's aboveboard about what they offer, what standards they conform to and what you get for the money, I guess I just fail to see a problem.

Does it say with whom? I'm on the site and can't find the accreditation info.

As long as everybody's aboveboard about what they offer, what standards they conform to and what you get for the money, I guess I just fail to see a problem.

Never mind, I found it. WASC is one of the Big 6, that's standard academic accreditation just like any private or public college that doesn't choose the religious accreditation route instead. If they get it, that means they adhere to the same standards as any other college. Not just academic but financial, in admissions, and so on. They're pretty thorough, which is why it takes so long.

Sorry to hear that ravi. Didn't mean to ruin your day.

Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. Sometimes there's not. Personally, I like to check it out just to be sure.

Unlike NPR though, I don't call "radioman's school of beer and sideboobs" modeled after the "traditions of Harvard and Yale". But hey - who expects truth in journalism anymore?

Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. Sometimes there's not. Personally, I like to check it out just to be sure.

Unlike NPR though, I don't call "radioman's school of beer and sideboobs" modeled after the "traditions of Harvard and Yale". But hey - who expects truth in journalism anymore?

The USMB poster who cried wolf. Of course, in your case all you ever seem to be doing is blowing smoke.

A new college started classes this summer in Berkeley, California.

Zaytuna College's motto is, "Where Islam meets America." It's the first Muslim college in the United States.

The college emphasizes a rigorous general education in American history, anthropology, philosophy, literature, political science, but a major portion of its required curriculum is devoted to the study of Islam and the Koran.

"We want to manifest Islam in a way that's compatible with America," says Imam Zaid Shakir, who founded Zaytuna and is also a professor.

America's First Muslim College Opens This Fall | USA | English

This is their website. Help me out here. They say they offer course in Am. History, literature, etc. But when you click on "other majors" there are none. :confused:

ZAYTUNA COLLEGE | Academics > Major > Islamic Law and Theology

Building bridges or creeping sharia?

Neat. We can add them to our Catholic universities and other educational locales of a religious persuasion. The Catholic schools have the more impressive campuses anyway.

It is not an accredited college, but they are seeking accreditation. The website is clear and upfront about this. Nothing here is hidden, or "creeping". You just have to read the website. Anybody looking to go to a college will know if this place is right for them or not.

In other words, this is another non-issue.

The USMB poster who cried wolf. Of course, in your case all you ever seem to be doing is blowing smoke.

Oh modbert - I am flattered once again that you confuse me with a professional journalist, but I can assure you I am not. Nor do I pretend to be like the people at NPR. Oh and stop stalking my visitor page. Thanks hon.

Oh modbert - I am flattered once again that you confuse me with a professional journalist, but I can assure you I am not. Nor do I pretend to be like the people at NPR. Oh and stop stalking my visitor page. Thanks hon.

Not stalking anything so no idea what you're talking about. Another lie by Chanel, but no big surprise there. :thup:

You say you're not a professional journalist, and you're right, you're not. However, that doesn't excuse the fear mongering you put forth on USMB on a daily basis. Your "I'm not a journalist" excuse is pathetic.

Zaytuna College's motto is, "Where Islam meets America." It's the first Muslim college in the United States.

The college emphasizes a rigorous general education in American history, anthropology, philosophy, literature, political science, but a major portion of its required curriculum is devoted to the study of Islam and the Koran.

"We want to manifest Islam in a way that's compatible with America," says Imam Zaid Shakir, who founded Zaytuna and is also a professor.

This is their website. Help me out here. They say they offer course in Am. History, literature, etc. But when you click on "other majors" there are none. :confused:

It should be interesting which version of American history Amubagoodoo teaches.The bullshit we were brainwashed with, or the Real Deal.

The upside is the cost of books: you only need one.

I offer two words of which is just about everything you need to know

Berkeley, California.

Sounds like the Islamic version of Bob Jones University.

BFD.

Only Bob Jones teaches students math and the likes while Islamic schools teach their students how to chop someones head off.

I might be wrong, but somehow I don't think Headchopping 101 is on the list of approved courses for that accreditation they're seeking.

Anyway, could you imagine the materials fee for the class? Textbook...lab fee...protective garments...sword...human guinea pig.... Or maybe they could get cadavers? I wonder if that would count as donating one's body to science. Or maybe headchopping is more of an art? :eusa_think:

Thoughts?

I might be wrong, but somehow I don't think Headchopping 101 is on the list of approved courses for that accreditation they're seeking.

Anyway, could you imagine the materials fee for the class? Textbook...lab fee...protective garments...sword...human guinea pig.... Or maybe they could get cadavers? I wonder if that would count as donating one's body to science. Or maybe headchopping is more of an art? :eusa_think:

Thoughts?

Head-chopping is an art elective. Decapitation Theories & Methodologies is a required science credit.

Swords and provided by the school. But you can bring your own to class... all the rich kids do, anyways. :doubt:

Forum List

Back