First Look at Eddie Murphy in New 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
"Beverly Hills Cop's" Axel Foley is back … but he's missing a few key items.

Eddie Murphy reprises his famous movie role in a new CBS TV pilot, but as this picture, tweeted by showrunner Shawn Ryan ("The Shield"), shows, Axel Foley has changed quite a bit in the nearly 20 years since we last saw him. Is Foley really Foley without his distinctive Mumford Phys. Ed. Dept. shirt and letterman jacket?

The pilot actually centers around the wisecracking cop's son, Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), who goes from chasing bad guys in Detroit to solving crimes in Beverly Hills. Murphy, who is an executive producer of the project, will guest star in the pilot and possibly make further appearances if the series gets picked up.

First Look at Eddie Murphy in New 'Beverly Hills Cop' Pilot [Photo] - Yahoo! TV

As long as this show doesn't take itself as seriously as a lot of the other cop drama's do I will check it out. All of the Law and Order soap box type programs that like to lecture the masses are getting pretty dull. That's why I like shows like NCIS (the original version) and Psych. Something a little different,mixed with humor.

Further proof that no-one in Hollywood has an original thought left...

I kind of agree but at least it is more original than just airing more reality TV shows (which I am all for). Besides this is a Eddie Murphy project....a sequel type thing (where he will guest star on occasion). Not a remake of the original movie with all new actors playing the key roles,which is a plus.

That is one thing I don't like. Remaking a movie and putting actors I don't like in the roles of characters I did like in the past (and changing their personalities). Like Owen Wilson as Hutch ...in the new version of Starsky and Hutch. Hated him in that role.

Forum List

Back