Johnson First Intro of Johnson/Weld to the public by CNN..

My political life has been in 3rd party ballot access for the past 25 yrs. And I am a member of the Lib Party. I've refused to vote for some of our whackier Prez choices, but worked and voted for him in 2012..

This "pothead" is a mountain climbing, tri-athelete. He does not abuse his body and is an example for RESPONSIBLE marijuana use. The party's interest has always been in dismantling the harm from a Drug "War" and prison reform and asset forfeiture issues that go with the "war". Would prefer a system that doesn't stuff our prisons with non-violent offenders but builds a medical, public health network to handle drug use that actually works. In the CNN Town Hall I posted -- Johnson makes clear -- he does not advocate making any other banned substances legal.

As for the social issues -- the LParty chose an openly gay man as it's FIRST Prez candidate back in the 70s. That's the kinda of "advocacy" we prefer. Did not choose the guy BECAUSE he was gay. Never asked for credit.. So we've been called "faggot lovers" and potheads for DECADES because we HAVE been ahead on social issues.

The government should never insert itself into FORCING these issues. For instance -- the bathroom dustup is an issue for the med/psych professionals to determine. Not for grandstanding politicians to determine which bathroom anyone uses. And "self-declaration" as a member of a protected class is a stupid thing to do if you're gonna create a protection by law. That simply does not work..

This "pothead" is a mountain climbing, tri-athelete. He does not abuse his body and is an example for RESPONSIBLE marijuana use

Needed to be bolded. Johnson is a straight shooter not some drug head looking for a stint in the WH, too bad he is not running with Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you compare the effects of pot use with the effects of booze. As far as I know, Trump is the only candidate that doesn't drink ( or smoke). Is getting high an worse than getting buzzed or drunk?

I don't drink or do drugs, so I don't have first hand experience with either.

P.S. Does Johnson claim to use pot for real medical reasons?
Alcohol is far more fatal than a joint..
I promise not to vote for dead candidates, which is one reason I'm not voting for the Hildabeast.
We'd probably get better government if there were zombie candidates...
Perhaps a president with a first lady that knows how to use a wee-gee board. ( probably mispelled wee-gee).
Oui ja.......yes no

ouija-board.jpg

Alcohol is far more fatal than a joint..
I promise not to vote for dead candidates, which is one reason I'm not voting for the Hildabeast.
Perhaps a president with a first lady that knows how to use a wee-gee board. ( probably mispelled wee-gee).
Oui ja.......yes no

ouija-board.jpg
Might need to smoke pot in order to understand the Ouija

giphy.gif

Oui ja.......yes no

ouija-board.jpg
Might need to smoke pot in order to understand the Ouija

giphy.gif

I like Johnson's candor and his "go forward" philosophy.

Naturally people will want to hang him for smoking dope, however his cannabis intake has been linked with a medical condition. "He used medicinal marijuana for pain control from 2005 to 2008". Not exactly the bone smoking fool his critics want to make him out to be. In July 2014, Johnson was named president and CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc., a Nevada-based company that aims primarily to sell medical cannabis products in states where medicinal and/or recreational cannabis is legal. Hey man, like wow.:smoke: :rolleyes:

If it were not for Trump I would be voting for Johnson.

He took that gigue for $1 a year. Not to participate in the Cannabis gold rush. When the people vote to do something that "outrageous" -- you still need leadership and reason and experience to design and fix all the public./private issues that pop up.. Your average couch sweet potato, man-boob, slow-thinking toker is not gonna be a great help.. :lmao:

flacaltenn Do you support him??

I have not really seen anything so far about him that has my interest. Plus I am conservative on many social issues, and Libertarians are not - - at least to my knowledge.

Plus it bothers me that he is an admitted pothead.
smoking weed and being someone like a drug pusher are two different things entirely.I have friends that smoke pot but they are are good people so that part means nothing to me.Doesnt make them a bad person cause they did that at one time.

Johnson believes in the constitution and has similiar views same as ron paul.In a PERFECT world,the two finalists for POTUS in the last election would have been paul vs johnson.

I can only dream though of that. I would take Johnson over trump because i KNOW he believes in the constitution and honering it,something no president since reagan has.

Trump we dont really know if he believes in it or not.

I never said he was a drug pusher, so please do not try and hang that on me. In my mind he must smoke a good bit, and not just for medical reasons since HE was the one that came out and said he would not smoke it if he became President. So, does that mean that if he were elected, that all of a sudden he would not need it for medical reasons?

In my life I have smoked plenty of pot. I DO know the effects it has on a person first hand.
How do you compare the effects of pot use with the effects of booze. As far as I know, Trump is the only candidate that doesn't drink ( or smoke). Is getting high an worse than getting buzzed or drunk?

In my experience -- the largest damage from pot can be seen from afar. It's a SOCIAL retardant. (no offense anyone :laugh: in particular) It tends to be a clique thing where the whole fabric of the relationships revolves around "getting stoned". I SUPPOSE that's no different than alcohol being a social anchor..

I don't LIKE weed a lot. I like to be sober. And it might come as a surprise --- But you can actually HATE stuff that other people do and STILL work to protect their liberty to do it.. It's called tolerance.. And it's not mentioned much anymore in society...

I like Johnson's candor and his "go forward" philosophy.

Naturally people will want to hang him for smoking dope, however his cannabis intake has been linked with a medical condition. "He used medicinal marijuana for pain control from 2005 to 2008". Not exactly the bone smoking fool his critics want to make him out to be. In July 2014, Johnson was named president and CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc., a Nevada-based company that aims primarily to sell medical cannabis products in states where medicinal and/or recreational cannabis is legal. Hey man, like wow.:smoke: :rolleyes:

If it were not for Trump I would be voting for Johnson.

He took that gigue for $1 a year. Not to participate in the Cannabis gold rush. When the people vote to do something that "outrageous" -- you still need leadership and reason and experience to design and fix all the public./private issues that pop up.. Your average couch sweet potato, man-boob, slow-thinking toker is not gonna be a great help.. :lmao:
Exactly, so to cast aspersions on a man without thinking is foolish. He would not have gotten this far is he was a what he was described as.

Last edited:
Johnson has not made my "ain't getting my vote list" like a couple of other candidates.

I have not really seen anything so far about him that has my interest. Plus I am conservative on many social issues, and Libertarians are not - - at least to my knowledge.

smoking weed and being someone like a drug pusher are two different things entirely.I have friends that smoke pot but they are are good people so that part means nothing to me.Doesnt make them a bad person cause they did that at one time.

Johnson believes in the constitution and has similiar views same as ron paul.In a PERFECT world,the two finalists for POTUS in the last election would have been paul vs johnson.

I can only dream though of that. I would take Johnson over trump because i KNOW he believes in the constitution and honering it,something no president since reagan has.

I never said he was a drug pusher, so please do not try and hang that on me. In my mind he must smoke a good bit, and not just for medical reasons since HE was the one that came out and said he would not smoke it if he became President. So, does that mean that if he were elected, that all of a sudden he would not need it for medical reasons?

In my life I have smoked plenty of pot. I DO know the effects it has on a person first hand.

Love the observation about Trump.. Maybe sober people are really that sketchy... :happy-1:

Really don't think he's a constant doper. His story is in the link below. He had series of serious injuries from climbing and triathlon where pot worked better than addictive pain killers..

Gov. Gary Johnson: I Smoked Marijuana from 2005 to 2008

But in an interview with THE WEEKLY STANDARD, Johnson admitted publicly for the first time that he smoked marijuana more recently—from 2005 to 2008—for medicinal purposes, he says.

“It’s not anything I volunteer, but you’re the only person that actually asked about it,” says Johnson, who governed New Mexico from 1994 to 2002. “But for luck, I guess, I wasn’t arrested.” Although smoking marijuana for medicinal purposes was illegal in New Mexico until 2007, Johnson says he needed the drug following a 2005 paragliding accident in Hawaii. His sails got caught in a tree, he stalled—and fell about fifty feet straight down to the ground, he says. Johnson suffered multiple bone fractures, including a burst fracture to his T12 vertebrae. “In my human experience, it’s the worst pain I’ve ever felt.”

“Rather than using painkillers, which I have used on occasion before, I did smoke pot, as a result of having broken my back, blowing out both of my knees, breaking ribs, really taking about three years to recover,” Johnson says. He explains that painkillers had once caused him to suffer nasty side effects and the pain of withdrawing from the pills was unbearable. So, Johnson says, in 2005 "someone" who cared for him gave him marijuana to deal with the pain.

Love the observation about Trump.. Maybe sober people are really that sketchy... :happy-1:

Really don't think he's a constant doper. His story is in the link below. He had series of serious injuries from climbing and triathlon where pot worked better than addictive pain killers..

But in an interview with THE WEEKLY STANDARD, Johnson admitted publicly for the first time that he smoked marijuana more recently—from 2005 to 2008—for medicinal purposes, he says.

“It’s not anything I volunteer, but you’re the only person that actually asked about it,” says Johnson, who governed New Mexico from 1994 to 2002. “But for luck, I guess, I wasn’t arrested.” Although smoking marijuana for medicinal purposes was illegal in New Mexico until 2007, Johnson says he needed the drug following a 2005 paragliding accident in Hawaii. His sails got caught in a tree, he stalled—and fell about fifty feet straight down to the ground, he says. Johnson suffered multiple bone fractures, including a burst fracture to his T12 vertebrae. “In my human experience, it’s the worst pain I’ve ever felt.”

“Rather than using painkillers, which I have used on occasion before, I did smoke pot, as a result of having broken my back, blowing out both of my knees, breaking ribs, really taking about three years to recover,” Johnson says. He explains that painkillers had once caused him to suffer nasty side effects and the pain of withdrawing from the pills was unbearable. So, Johnson says, in 2005 "someone" who cared for him gave him marijuana to deal with the pain.
I would expect that MJ has less negative effects and is less addictive than Oxy-what ever you call them rush Limbaugh addictive drugs.

I would expect that MJ has less negative effects and is less addictive than Oxy-what ever you call them rush Limbaugh addictive drugs.

True, but I still think it's addictive.

I'm addicted to chocolate.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Me too!!!! And I will never get off it. :lol:

I'm with you.. Never got a jones for marywanna. Rarely passed up the opportunity -- but it's nowhere near my caffeine/dark chocolate addiction.

Actually -- I'm on "medical alchohol" for a tremor I've had since my 20s. I hardly drink, but a couple nips of Sangria mid day does more for the tremor than the awful drug choices do..

I'm with you.. Never got a jones for marywanna. Rarely passed up the opportunity -- but it's nowhere near my caffeine/dark chocolate addiction.

Actually -- I'm on "medical alchohol" for a tremor I've had since my 20s. I hardly drink, but a couple nips of Sangria mid day does more for the tremor than the awful drug choices do..
The chiropractor I hear advertising on the radio claims to be able to treat stuff like that. I'm kind of joking, but a chiropractor really helped my older brother during a long recovery from an auto accident.

Last edited:
One thing Johnson could do that would save trillions worldwide and 100s of billions domestically each and every year is fund studies of off label uses of patent expired drugs. EDTA is the poster child for this movement because the FDA attempted to burn books dealing with its off label uses way back when but it is far from the only drug thay is underused because of patent expiration but it is the only drug that is usually found in mayonnaise and shampoo because it is so safe. That would make a great issue to run on as well.

Forum List

Back